Speech Data Analyst (Contractor at Google) @ Artech Information Systems
Editor of Journal of Sinology @ Sirindhorn Chinese Language and Culture Center, Mae Fah Luang University
Thai-Chinese-English Translator @ Translation Center of Faculty of Arts, Chulalongkorn University
Ph.D. Candidate, Chinese Language and Literature, 3.9 @
Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures, University of California, Berkeley
A dedicated, creative and accomplished educator with diverse experience of teaching, translation and management within the academic realm. Possess outstanding leadership and educational management skills. Exceptionally organized and disciplined. Possess well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and direct others in a supportive, cooperative team environment. Have a passion for teaching and learning. Enthusiastic to learn
A dedicated, creative and accomplished educator with diverse experience of teaching, translation and management within the academic realm. Possess outstanding leadership and educational management skills. Exceptionally organized and disciplined. Possess well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and direct others in a supportive, cooperative team environment. Have a passion for teaching and learning. Enthusiastic to learn new education technology and capability to improve the learning experience. Believe in power of education.
Speech Data Analyst (Contractor at Google) @ From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Editor of Journal of Sinology @ From June 2010 to Present (5 years 7 months) Thai-Chinese-English Translator @ Translate various types of documents including
- Education (certificate, diploma, transcript etc.)
- Arts (literature, fine arts, graphic and design)
- Marketing (brochure, leaflet, advertising text, etc.)
- General science (scientific article)
- IT / Computing (manual and user guide)
- Medicine (patient's information document)
- Other documentation (personal letter, legal document, obituary, etc.)
Edit (thorough revision of all types of text)
Proofread (error detecting, cross-checking of the translation against the original) From June 2008 to Present (7 years 7 months) School Account Manager @ - Generating increase in revenues with the sales team.
- Provided high quality customer service to over 700 US and international customers.
- Orchestrated sales responsibilities in collaboration with the marketing and product teams. From March 2013 to October 2014 (1 year 8 months) Consultant of Thai-Chinese Slang Dictionary @ Analyzed data in three Thai slang dictionaries, selected word entries, translated them into Chinese, and revised them. From September 2009 to May 2012 (2 years 9 months) Consultant of the Academic Project “Chinese Online Textbooks” @ Collaborated with the Office of Chinese Language Council International (HANBAN) to translate Chinese textbooks into Thai version and helped design and create an interactive e-book version. This project is still in progress. From September 2009 to May 2012 (2 years 9 months) Instructor @ - Worked as an instructor of IELTS speaking courses. Helped design coursework and provided guidance to Thai students. From June 2009 to May 2012 (3 years) Director and Full-Time Lecturer of BA Program in Chinese Language @ During the four-year competitive academic realm, managed national “Chinese Major of Arts CU” brand positioning, communications and media strategy via network of 30+ leading universities. Established a new Chinese program in line with ASEAN expansion. Collaborated with world-renowned universities in China to improve Chinese language skills of Thai students.
• In line with ASEAN expansion in 2015, designed and taught a great number of technology-enabled and practical Chinese courses, conducted in Thai and English, such as Mandarin 1-4, Chinese History and Culture, Chinese Business, Chinese Media, etc.
• Generated successful emphasis of “Chinese Major of Arts CU” brand positioning by using various online and offline advertising channels, such as social network, magazine, TV, radio, etc.
• Integrated online and media tools to new courses, which helped generate better interaction between teachers and students. Applied instructional design and pedagogical content to design and write scripts for educating large audience via different media channels including TV shows such as “One in the King’s Perception” and “Discussing Chinese Culture on Thailand’s Morning Show”; academic projects on the university website such as “Dining Culture of the Dragon Clan: Chopsticks” and “Drinking Culture of the Dragon Clan: Liquors”; YouTube clips: “Man of the Kingdom”, as well as teaching Chinese courses via Video Teleconference.
• Collaborated with world-renowned universities in China, such as Beijing University, Communication University of China, and Chengdu University, to improve Chinese language skills of students.
• Spearheaded and promoted academic programs and initiatives both technology-enabled and on location. For example, multimedia presentations such as “Learning Chinese with Fun”, “Effective Chinese Teaching Techniques” and on location in China with “Learning Chinese in Field Trips”. From June 2008 to May 2012 (4 years) Deputy Director and Full-Time Lecturer of BA Program in Language and Culture (BALAC) @ Helped establish BALAC program, the first international program of the Faculty of Arts, Chulalongkorn University in Thailand and administered it for four years with extensive collegiate programming and management.
• Exercised my well-honed public relations skill to strengthen “BALAC” brand by using various online and offline advertising channels, such as social network, magazine, TV, radio, etc.
• Ensured effective brand visibilities. Generated a 30% increase of applicants and 50% augmentation of qualified candidates each year.
• Planned and ensured excellent execution of program activities by collaborating with BA program in Chinese program, designed numerous productive Chinese and English courses.
• Strengthened brand visibilities and brand recognition among an international academic realm. Acted as a program representative to sign MOUs with Communication University of China, Chengdu University of China, Waseda University of Japan and Nottingham Trent University in England. Generated a great number of student exchange programs. From June 2008 to May 2012 (4 years) Committee @ Represented the Faculty of Arts in various national and international activities, such as participating in Madame Hillary Clinton’s talk, acting as MC and liaison during ambassadors’ visitations to the university and acting as a faculty representative to sign MOUs with Communication University of China, Chengdu University of China, Waseda University of Japan and Nottingham Trent University of England. From June 2008 to May 2012 (4 years) Committee @ - Provided guidance and supported students in different areas, such as scholarship, financial aids, academic research, so-curricular programming on campus, student activities, etc. From June 2008 to May 2012 (4 years) Lecturer @ From June 2006 to May 2012 (6 years) Project Consultant @ - Acted as a consultant of the National Project “Impact of Free Trade of ASEAN+3, ASEAN+6 and Ways of Negotiation for Thailand” Sponsored by the Ministry of Commerce, Thailand
- Analyzed data about free trade among Thailand, ASEAN and China by using primary and secondary sources. Researched logistic routes of Thailand, Laos and Yunnan (China) and analyzed pros and cons of the routes.
- Acted as a guest speaker in the conferences held by the Ministry of Commerce. Acted as a translator when visiting free ports in Hong Kong. From September 2009 to January 2011 (1 year 5 months) Co-Translator @ Co-translator of the Book Entitled “Oriental CEO”, specially requested by Mr. Korsak Chairasmisak, CEO of CP ALL PLC. The book was translated from Thai, Chinese into English. From June 2009 to January 2011 (1 year 8 months)
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Chinese Language and Literature, 4.00 @ Faculty of Arts, Chulalongkorn University From 2006 to 2008 Ph.D. Candidate, Chinese Language and Literature, 3.9 @ Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures, University of California, Berkeley From 2000 to 2006 Master of Arts (M.A.), Chinese Language and Literature, 3.9 @ Harvard University From 1998 to 2000 Chinese Language @ Beijing Language and Culture University From 1998 to 1998 Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Chinese Language, 3.70 @ Faculty of Arts, Chulalongkorn University From 1993 to 1997 Sasiporn Wong is skilled in: Chinese language, Chinese culture, Chinese history, University Teaching, Educational Management, Educational Instruction, Instructional Design, Chinese, English, Mandarin, Editing, Translation, Education, Proofreading, Chinese Culture
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension