Graduate Engineer Trainee @
Infosys Education and Research
I am a Masters student in School of Computer Science (SCS) at Carnegie Mellon University majoring in Software Engineering. I am actively looking for full time Software Developer roles starting December 2015. While working for top American Bank for 3 years and for the next 1 year for my Software Engineering Institute (SEI) clients during education, I
I am a Masters student in School of Computer Science (SCS) at Carnegie Mellon University majoring in Software Engineering. I am actively looking for full time Software Developer roles starting December 2015. While working for top American Bank for 3 years and for the next 1 year for my Software Engineering Institute (SEI) clients during education, I have acquired following skills and proficiency-
Areas of experience & interest: Cloud Computing, Big Data Analytics, Algorithms, Web Application Development, Database Development
Professional Work Experience: 3 years, Bank of America through Infosys (Indian tech. giant)
Frameworks: Django (Python), Servlets, Undertow & Apache Tomcat (Java), .NET (C#), Hadoop Map Reduce
Database: MySQL, PL-SQL, PostgreSQL, HBase, MS SQL
Testing Tools: Unit Testing- j Unit, p Unit, Selenium, HP Quality Control, Apache j Meter
Version Control: Git and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Operating System: Ubuntu Linux and Windows
Development Lifecycle: Agile Scrum, Open Unified Process, Waterfall Model, Test Driven Development
Other Platforms: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio
Availability: After finishing my Masters degree in December 2015, I am eligible to work in the U.S. on EAD. Currently on F1 Visa in Pittsburgh and willing to relocate as per the requirements of the role.
Software Developer @ Key Skills Learned: Scrum Process, Django, Python, Bootstrap UI, jQuery, Selenium, Apache jMeter.
Summary: There are many sources of documented virus attacks all over the internet. However, not all of them tell about the security requirements which were overlooked. Therefore, they are not of much use for the System designers and architects to learn from. In this role, I contributed to build a repository of overlooked security requirements for hundreds of malware attack patterns and expose this repository to various report writing websites via a RESTful web service so that they can publish reports with more meaningful content.
- Developed two systems- one which hosts the repository and the other which mimics other web applications and consumes this web service.
- Led the requirements gathering to build the project from scratch.
- Followed Scrum and OpenUP in an agile environment
- Actively engaged in estimating of user story points through exercises like Planning Poker
- Used Python and Django.
- Bootstrap for designing front end
- Selenium for UI testing, Django Unit for Unit Testing, Apache j Meter for load testing
- The end result was a system that facilitates the reports writing using intelligent suggestions from the new system with 90% more information than the existing ones. From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Greater Pittsburgh AreaSenior Systems Engineer @ Worked for two primary clients-
2. Merrill Lynch: During this stint, I contributed to a Wealth Management Application being developed on Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF). From February 2012 to July 2014 (2 years 6 months) Pune Area, IndiaAssociate @ I worked in a Technical Support team offering technical assistance to American and Canadian customers of HP Printers. From June 2011 to November 2011 (6 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension