Project Lead - Investor Programming @ The Venture Café Foundation
Director of Business Development @ EVNTUR
Graduate Research Assistant @ Saint Louis University
Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Communication and Rhetorical Studies. International Studies, Theatre, 3.7 GPA @
I want to make the world a better place!
I was born and raised in Bristol, England, and moved to the United States for university in 2010. I have a global mindset, am results orientated, and am an adaptive problem solver. I challenge conventional ways of doing things and encourage unorthodox approaches to push my limits and
I want to make the world a better place!
I was born and raised in Bristol, England, and moved to the United States for university in 2010. I have a global mindset, am results orientated, and am an adaptive problem solver. I challenge conventional ways of doing things and encourage unorthodox approaches to push my limits and capabilities. I consider myself a student of life and am always trying to learn and develop!
Business, communication, innovation, and entrepreneurship are areas I am passionate about. I moved to St. Louis, Missouri, in 2014 to obtain my Masters in Business Communication from Saint Louis University. I am seeking opportunities to help me take advantage of and improve my communication, innovative, critical reasoning, problem solving, business, strategic/organizational and leadership skills.
Let's connect and see where we can collaborate!
Project Lead - Investor Programming @ Venture Café is a non-profit organization supporting the St. Louis Innovation and Entrepreneurship community
• Design, implement, and manage pilot program to engage Boston’s $7B venture capitalist community
• Organize and coordinate scheduling with local startups and organizations in the innovation community
• Educate and integrate the St. Louis venture capitalist/investor community
• Advocate and facilitate the economic development of St. Louis’s $133B economy From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Director of Business Development @ EVNTUR is an event management and consulting firm located at the epicenter of innovation, the Cortex district, in St. Louis, MO. Focusing on the innovation community, we serve start-up, small, and large corporate companies.
• Streamline and standardize processes to improve business operations and increased account revenue by over 300%.
• Design, coordinate, manage, and execute events valued in excess of $1M
• Oversee client and vendor communications for successful events execution and business partner development
• Negotiate terms and conditions of client contracts including service agreements, partnerships, and retainers
• Assess, develop, and present innovative event proposals to C-suite and executive level clients From September 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) Graduate Research Assistant @ •Research relevant and necessary scholarly studies for department and faculty endeavors
•Revise and critique publications prior to submission for professional/scholarly conferences and journals
•Collect and analyze data through field and lab experiments for scholarly/professional research
•Assist in the grading of undergraduate class assignments, projects, and papers From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Co-Founder and President @ Hungry.Under.Dogs expresses and promotes motivation and hard work through a variety of different services and products.
•Developed business relationship with investors, partners, and manufacturers
•Supervised the creation of designs for company apparel and products
•Revised all public material and strategized product development/brand awareness
•Inspired and motivated followers and customers to reach goals - both short and long term From January 2012 to December 2014 (3 years) Bristol, United KingdomStudent Manager @ •Managed and empowered a team of 4-10 employees, delegating work where appropriate for daily operations
•Conducted opening and closing procedures, including bookkeeping, stocking inventory, and machine inspection
•Served and executed customer orders during high pressured and stressful situations
•Acted as departments first point of contact on deliveries, crisis situations, and for customer issues/complaints From January 2011 to May 2014 (3 years 5 months)
Masters, Business Communication, 3.8 @ Saint Louis University From 2014 to 2016 Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Communication and Rhetorical Studies. International Studies, Theatre, 3.7 GPA @ Illinois College From 2010 to 2014 Samir Adrissi is skilled in: PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Time Management, Management, Teamwork, Event Planning, Customer Service, Research, Social Media, Social Networking, Public Speaking, Public Relations, Staff Development, Social Media Marketing, Project Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension