I am a technologist trying to use software artifact along with creativity and imagination for problem solving in different business domains. Applying the knowledge of Business Intelligence and metadata modeling was the basis for my work on using software system to improve patient safety and aviation safety. These case studies then formed the basis of my PhD
I am a technologist trying to use software artifact along with creativity and imagination for problem solving in different business domains. Applying the knowledge of Business Intelligence and metadata modeling was the basis for my work on using software system to improve patient safety and aviation safety. These case studies then formed the basis of my PhD thesis to provide a pattern framework for reusing software solutions. Currently working as software development engineer in Cognos Mobile team at IBM, I’m focusing on developing mobile applications that empower users with Business Intelligence tools. I’m interested in combining goal modeling and business process modeling in the realm of mobile applications in order to better address the requirements of customers in this ever changing world.
Specialties: Programming languages and frameworks:
Java, Objective C, C#, ASP.Net
UML, User Requirements Notation (GRL and UCM), OCL
Software development process:
Software Development Engineer @ Software development engineer working to design, architecture, and maintain the reimbursement services in the Fulfillment by Amazon group. From November 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Greater Seattle AreaSoftware Development Engineer @ I am working in IBM Cognos Mobile team and have been involved in the following areas:
- Development and debugging of IBM Cognos Mobile app (iOS and Android) as well as its underlying server side components
- Development and debugging of adding profiles in administration.
- Design and implementation of an API based on Page Object pattern to take advantage of Selenium 2.x and JUnit4.x for automated testing.
- Integration of Cognos iOS app with Good Dynamics secure mobility platform.
- Mitigation of security risks for mobile app by deploying an enterprise level scanning application (IBM AppScan Enterprise/Source:Server and clients) for the mobile team.
- Facilitating the practice of agile methodology and playing the role of scrum master for several milestones. From January 2013 to October 2014 (1 year 10 months) Ottawa, Canada AreaPostdoctoral Fellow (IBM/MITACS/University of Ottawa) @ For my postdoc I was involved in IBM/MITACS funded BI-Driven Management of Patient Flows in Health Care Organizations postdoctoral research. This project takes place in partnership with William Osler Hospital in Brampton. From September 2012 to December 2012 (4 months) Ottawa, Canada AreaResearch Assistant (Ph.D. Candidate) @ - Proposed a Goal-oriented Pattern Family framework for capturing and reusing requirements models (goal and business process models) organized as pattern families with application to healthcare and transportation domain (supported by publications and examples in the Patient Safety and Aviation Security domain).
- Involved in developing the Operational Performance Framework for Aviation Security. This research was supported by Transport Canada and aimed to develop a framework that improves prescriptive approaches to aviation security regulatory compliance by replacing performance measures as the basis for decision-making.
- Involved in developing a BI-Driven Adverse Event Management System, as part of a project on Performance Management at the Point of Care: Secure Data Delivery to Drive Clinical Decision Making Processes for Hospital Quality Control. This research was supported by the NSERC/CIHR Collaborative Health Research Program, in partnership with The Ottawa Hospital (TOH).
- Involved in E-Health Business Processes Around Accessible Data Warehouses. This project was supported by the Ontario Research Network for Electronic Commerce (ORNEC) in partnership with The Ottawa Hospital (TOH). From 2006 to 2012 (6 years) System Analyst (Internship) @ I was involved in developing a Patient Flow Management System. This application uses data warehousing concepts and IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1 platform and helps decision makers of healthcare institutions to improve patient flow processes in their hospitals. From October 2011 to December 2011 (3 months) Ottawa, Canada Area
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Computer Science @ University of Ottawa From 2006 to 2012 Master of Science, Systems Engineering @ Amirkabir University of Technology - Tehran Polytechnic From 2001 to 2003 Bachelor's Degree, Computer Software Engineering @ Amirkabir University of Technology - Tehran Polytechnic From 1996 to 2001 Sam Behnam is skilled in: UML, Java, Data Mining, ASP.NET, Software Development, Mobile Applications, Software Engineering, Business Intelligence, Modelling Tools, Mobile Development, Requirements Engineering, Agile Methodologies, Business Analysis, Business Process, Android Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension