Founder @ www.loanables.com is a borrowing network that allows people to loan/borrow items from their neighbors. It is designed to encourage reuse, reduce consumption, and help people make & save money. From September 2006 to Present (9 years 4 months) Vice President of Client Services @ SmarterHQ is a customer-centric behavioral marketing platform, which enables retailers and
Founder @ www.loanables.com is a borrowing network that allows people to loan/borrow items from their neighbors. It is designed to encourage reuse, reduce consumption, and help people make & save money. From September 2006 to Present (9 years 4 months) Vice President of Client Services @ SmarterHQ is a customer-centric behavioral marketing platform, which enables retailers and brands to create highly advanced, precisely targeted segments of visitors and customers. The company’s technology allows retailers to send intelligence-driven, triggered communication to visitors through multiple channels in order to reengage and drive sales. SmarterHQ's vendor-independent solution helps retailers to optimize customer lifetime value while making the shopping experience more personalized for consumers. For more information, visit smarterhq.com. From February 2015 to Present (11 months) Austin, Texas AreaDirector of Business Development @ Joined as part of the acquisition of Food on the Table. Helped integrate FOTT's native ad products and shopper marketing sales methodology into Scripps, and explore potential new revenue models. From November 2013 to December 2014 (1 year 2 months) Austin, Texas AreaVP of Business Development @ Responsible for driving revenue through strategic partnerships for the leading grocery shopping / meal planning app. Created and sold innovative direct-to-consumer Shopper Marketing ad products that drive sales and open up large, untapped budgets within grocery brands.
Company was acquired by Scripps Networks Interactive, parent company to Food Network, Food.com, HGTV, Travel Channel, and other leading lifestyle brands. From May 2012 to November 2013 (1 year 7 months) Austin, Texas AreaDirector of Business Development @ Managed Bazaarvoice's agency partnership program in the U.S., driving revenue-generating relationships with the largest ad agencies in the world. Worked across the major networks including Publicis, WPP, Omnicom, and Interpublic, as well as larger independents like SapientNitro and The Richards Group. Built Bazaarvoice's first joint business development plans with agencies, yielding several million dollars in pipeline. From June 2011 to May 2012 (1 year) Vice President of Client Success, North America @ Lead a team of over 40 employees responsible for managing all client relationships in North America. Helped drive reorganization to a more efficient industry vertical structure which eliminated the need for this position.
• Increased quarterly upsell rate by 31%
• Drove revenue retention to highest rate in 3 years
• Redefined the Client Success Director job spec and re-focused the team to be much more strategic with our clients From July 2010 to June 2011 (1 year) Vice President of Commercial Relations @ Responsible for ensuring that Bazaarvoice's commercial relationships with our clients are set up for long-term mutual success. Incubated then successfully integrated the function into our Client Services group
• Identified and drove changes across the company that improved revenue churn by 64%, saving millions of dollars per year
• Led all major contract restructurings and renegotiations globally From February 2009 to July 2010 (1 year 6 months) Sales Director @ Managed sales in California for Bazaarvoice's Retail division.
• Top Sales Director 3 quarters in a row
• Exceeded 300% of quota twice
• Sold the company’s largest single deal
• Awarded the annual Founders Award from the Executive Team From August 2007 to February 2009 (1 year 7 months) Director of Operations @ Responsible for global operations for a provider of technology-based business services for the insurance industry. From January 2007 to August 2007 (8 months) Program Director @ Responsible for engagement with the company’s largest client, Travelers. Owned relationships with Travelers senior distribution management, sales executives, and retail insurance agencies. Managed rollout of the Agency RADAR service for 2 product lines in 25 agencies across 3 states. From July 2005 to January 2007 (1 year 7 months) Program Manager @ Co-invented and managed the creation of the company’s flagship service, Agency RADAR. Managed a 25-person software development team distributed across 5 cities on 3 continents. Co-authored several business process patent applications. Participated in all major sales cycles. From May 2003 to July 2005 (2 years 3 months) Technical Presales @ Lead or participated on sales teams responsible for over $5 million in software bookings. Helped innovate and define product direction based on client and industry needs From July 1999 to May 2003 (3 years 11 months) Intern / Prototype Developer @ Basically I built working versions of OpenTable (for a startup called Foodline.com) and Groupon (for a company called Accompany.com). I guess we were a little ahead of our time. From 1999 to 1999 (less than a year)
B.S., Materials Science and Engineering / Minor in Literature @ Massachusetts Institute of Technology From 1995 to 1999 Ryan Cush is skilled in: Technology Management, SaaS, Strategic Partnerships, Start-ups, Enterprise Software, Product Management, Software Development, CRM, Cloud Computing, Business Development, Business Process, Entrepreneurship, E-commerce, Competitive Analysis, Agile Methodologies