Freelance Senior Business Analyst @ Consultancy role working with the Rufus Technology, UX and Planning teams to bring together strategy and business requirements, progressing projects from pitch through to design and build. From August 2013 to Present (2 years 5 months) London, United KingdomUX & Development Director @ Part time role overseeing Southerly's UX & Development work;
Freelance Senior Business Analyst @ Consultancy role working with the Rufus Technology, UX and Planning teams to bring together strategy and business requirements, progressing projects from pitch through to design and build. From August 2013 to Present (2 years 5 months) London, United KingdomUX & Development Director @ Part time role overseeing Southerly's UX & Development work; providing guidance and advice for all digital projects from requirements through to implementation. From January 2013 to Present (3 years) London, United KingdomChief Development Officer @ Heading up functional design and build for a web app startup in the Pharma industry.
- Agile, test driven development
- Continuous integration
- Ruby on Rails
- MongoDB From March 2012 to June 2013 (1 year 4 months) London, United KingdomHead of Development @ • Management of the agency’s Development department and sub-teams, comprising of a Business Analyst / Development Consultant team and several build teams (bespoke .NET applications, Front end / interface, EPiServer CMS, Open Text CMS, and Open Source).
• Managed delivery and setup of standard processes.
• Created and developed the Open Source offer / resource.
• Developed mobile capability / offer to deliver a number of iPhone app projects.
• Ongoing new business work and partner/supplier development with software vendors.
• Staffing improvements both in terms of delivery and cost. Increased utilization figures through proactive management of freelancers.
• Worked on delivery projects in a lead Business Analyst/Tech lead/Functional Design capacity:
- Stylus.com (2010): Documented requirements and templates for site build, Smart Logic integration and Salesforce integration. Assisted in management of delivery using a build team of six developers.
- Private Equity International Media (2010/2011): Led the requirements capture phase for the consolidation and rebuild of PEI’s twelve websites and database applications into one new platform. This was a large requirements project spanning e-commerce, subscriptions, conferences, publications, news, advertising, and four investor/fund data applications from both a front and back end perspective. Tech lead for the IA and functional design phase, with direct responsibility for documenting the e-commerce / subscriptions sections and site-wide taxonomy.
- John Lewis Partnership, Intranet project (2011) – Business Analyst and tech lead. Led the requirements definition and functional design phase.
- IHG, Intranet project (2011) – Strategy phase conducting internal stakeholder interviews and presenting findings/ recommendations to the steering group
- The Share Centre (2012) - Planned and ran the requirements gathering and user research phases of The Share Centre's website redesign project. From April 2010 to March 2012 (2 years) Development Operations Manager @ • Responsible for the operations of the Development team, performance management, recruitment and maximizing resource utilization.
• Grew the team significantly in order to deliver on build projects and new accounts won in 2009.
• Involved in new business as a tech lead, winning COI project work.
• Worked on implementation projects in a Business Analyst / tech lead role from initial solution definition through to go-live, including:
- British Gas Free Swim (2009): Defined the solution for providing all 12 million British Gas customers access to a voucher facilitated free swim at participating pools nationwide. Included requirements definition and documentation, selection of third parties (voucher fulfillment, post code lookup, sms gateway) and management of the .NET and Google maps build and implementation of the platform, ultimately used to process over a million free swims across 2 campaigns.
- British Gas iPhone App (2009) – functional design and management of the build for BG’s market leading meter read iPhone app.
- London.gov.uk (2009/2010) – site build for the Greater London Authority: BA and tech lead for the design and build of London.gov.uk using the open source CMS Drupal. This was a ground breaking project at the time as very few UK government departments had adopted open source.
- TfL Developer Portal (2010): developed and delivered a benchmarking and competitor analysis report for group new media on developer portals to identify best practice principles.
- Source London for TfL/GLA (2010): Developed the functional specification for the Source London Electric Vehicles site (built in Drupal) From May 2009 to March 2010 (11 months) Business Analyst @ My role at PPL was as a Business Analyst and Project manager. I worked on an ERP selection and subsequent Oracle implementation requirements capture phase as well as the Oracle implementation partner selection process. During my time at PPL I worked on:
- Requirements for a rights management system, design and delivery of a prototype with a rights management package vendor (Sophoi)
- A number of Oracle portal application development and re-skinning projects
- Selection, requirements and process design for an online video viewing/purchasing package implementation with digital delivery of video
- Selection process for design and build of the new PPL website and subsequent implementation project as the technology lead
- Ongoing project portfolio management support for the directorate with the business development manager
- I put together the Invitation to Tender process for a large programme of systems development work at PPL (in late 2008) which resulted in a multi-year programme of work
- I worked on the initial requirements phase for the new programme of systems work before leaving PPL
Throughout my time at PPL I assisted with business / functional requirements definition work and provided process and technical assistance on projects. From April 2005 to November 2008 (3 years 8 months) Consultant @ Consultant in the Financial Services Market unit.
My role was team lead for Functional Design overseeing the design for a large (£40mil+) systems development project across several software releases. The system was for Lloyds TSB Registrars and I worked on the corporate actions and employee share purchase plan functionality. The business has since been acquired by Equiniti. From July 2004 to March 2005 (9 months) Analyst / Consultant @ I joined Accenture's Communications and High Tech market unit as a graduate analyst in 2002 and was promoted to consultant in 2003.
I worked on a number of systems development projects for a mobile phone network client, mainly as team lead for billing systems development, but initially as a developer for the billing system (Kenan/BP), commisions system and online commisions reports.
I left Accenture SA to move to the UK in 2004 From March 2002 to March 2004 (2 years 1 month)
BBusSci (hons), Information Systems @ University of Cape Town From 1998 to 2002 Rudi Hoppe is skilled in: Requirements Analysis, CMS, Business Analysis, Agile Methodologies, Mobile, UX, Axure, User Experience, Mobile Devices, Integration, Strategy, Software Development, Start-ups, Management, Requirements Gathering, Project Portfolio Management, Project Planning
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension