GCE O-Levels (6) and GCE A-Levels (3) - UK equivalent of a US High School degree with AP, A-Levels: History, Geography and Classical Civilization @
Tiffin School, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, UK
• Major contributor to Vibrant’s push to mobile, including designing and building a framework for mobile-optimised adhesion banners and solving the problem of achieving autoplay of full-screen video adverts on iOS devices.
• Implemented a major re-design of the UI of Vibrant’s in-text product’s “tooltip” (the DHTML advert that appears in response to user interaction) including a mechanism for allowing both old and new tool-tip designs to be run concurrently.
• Developed a mechanism for on-the-fly additional content harvesting and ad targeting of content is not initially visible or present on the page load but becomes available in response to user action. US Patent US20130091415. From January 2009 to January 2011 (2 years 1 month) London, United KingdomSenior Web Developer @ Joined a major financial information provider to work on mostly back-end and middleware projects in Java and Perl with MySQL aimed at ultimately re-writing the legacy codebase to a domain object model paradigm. Work included:
• Implemented new regulatory news feed and radically refactored existing feed to support XHTML content.
• Designed and oversaw development of first development under new object model, integrating a new data feed for investment trusts into the site.
• Implemented enhanced audit trailing for web-based admin tools to improve the monitoring of outsourced data-entry.
• Built the “recommend a friend” facility for the Orange Shop, developing the back-end Java components, Oracle database structure and JSP front-end.
• Enhanced the existing back- and front-end on the Shop to support more complex products such as datacards and smartphones and the business rules governing the service bundles associated with them.
• Film search for “Orange Wednesdays” free movie tickets promotion. Produced XML search results transformed to XHTML by XSLT to enable easy “re-skinning” and future extension to other platforms.
I regularly liaised with clients’ staff on technical issues and aided the account management team with exploring technical possibilities both internally and with client management on new and existing projects. From August 2000 to January 2008 (7 years 6 months) London, United KingdomWeb Projects Manager @ Headed the technical development team for a small web development company with a wide variety of clients in a diverse range of sectors including higher education, publishing, finance, tourism, economic development and local government. Most developments included a high degree of server side Perl scripting usually with dynamic content served from back-end MySQL RDBMS and often using sophisticated SSI and Apache techniques. From May 1999 to August 2000 (1 year 4 months) Cardiff, United KingdomIT Consultant @ Originally working on Oracle database developments on an IBM mainframe platform for one of the largest local governments in the UK. From 1995 I was the main developer of the county’s pioneering website, one of the very first government sites in the UK. I also moved into PC development which included building a custom off-line HTML page browser for a CD-ROM implementation of a sub-set of the county’s web pages for sites without internet access. From April 1990 to May 1999 (9 years 2 months) Winchester, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension