Director of Product and Development, eBay Europe @ eBay
No education info found.
Senior Product and Software Engineering Director, with a passion for creating great user experiences. I'm experienced at building and serving large and passionate communities. I have lead Product, Engineering and Community and believe passionately in the importance of all three working in harmony. An advocate of agile and innovative processes, I am a proven leader and skilled
Senior Product and Software Engineering Director, with a passion for creating great user experiences. I'm experienced at building and serving large and passionate communities. I have lead Product, Engineering and Community and believe passionately in the importance of all three working in harmony. An advocate of agile and innovative processes, I am a proven leader and skilled at building and motivating teams. I'm strong technically and have a good grounding in software engineering best practice, including web development.
Specialties:Product Management and design, software engineering management, business strategy, sales and account management, customer service, business practice, social networks, game mechanics, web development and gaming.
Senior Director of Development @ From October 2015 to Present (1 month) York, UKDirector of Product and Development, eBay Europe @ I'm Director of the technology group for eBay Europe, based in London but with teams across Europe and as far afield as San Jose and India. My group supports the European organisation and delivers software engineering, product design and management, user experience research and design, and quality engineering. From April 2011 to October 2015 (4 years 7 months) London, Zurich, San Jose and IndiaExecutive Director of Product @ • The senior Product director for the largest virtual world platform – Second Life.
• Owned most of the core product components including the eCommerce Marketplace (the largest virtual marketplace in existence), Search, User Profiles, the virtual currency, internal tools and the Second Life Viewer.
• Part of the senior management team responsible for strategic and operational planning.
• Represented the company to customers via press, blogs, bulk emails and live events.
• Based equally between UK and US offices. From March 2009 to April 2011 (2 years 2 months) Executive Director of Customer Relations and Land @ • Dual role involving Customer Relations and Product ownership.
• Owned the largest business line (virtual land) for 3 years, generating over $75M per year.
• Built and managed a global 100 strong customer relations group in support of an active userbase of 600,000 users worldwide.
• Worked extensively with community groups, educators and non-profit organisations.
• Drove process and policy improvements across the company.
• Managed key third party relationships including tool vendors and an outsourced support organisation. From November 2004 to March 2009 (4 years 5 months) Founder and Director of Product @ • Founded the company in 2000 – developing cutting edge data analysis software and providing consultancy to large businesses.
• Became profitable in year 3, with excellent sales including 30 Universities and non-profit organisations across the UK.
• Winner of 2003 government SMART award for innovation.
• Drove the product vision and design along with managing the primary customer relationships.
• Successfully sold the business in 2005 after joining Linden Lab. From July 2000 to November 2004 (4 years 5 months) Senior Consultant @ • On site consultant to senior executives at blue chip companies on data architecture, database strategy and organisational change management.
• Lead projects to open additional offices throughout Europe.
• Taught database design and query optimisation to junior consultants.
• Built a multi-million pound data warehouse platform for Nortel Networks in Europe.
• Provided the database designs for migration from legacy database systems.
• Based in London, I travelled widely and often spent prolonged periods on site with customers. From June 1999 to July 2000 (1 year 2 months) Engineering Manager @ Responsible for a large software development group building reporting and analytical software systems for Ford, Jaguar, Honda, Nissan and other automotive companies. From November 1996 to June 1999 (2 years 8 months) Senior Software Engineer @ Developing GIS and data analysis software for banks, automotive companies and non-profits. Mainly using C and C++ on Sun (solaris), Unix and PC. From October 1994 to November 1996 (2 years 2 months) Software Engineer @ Developed software to predict and track the spread of diseases in real time, designed database systems to hold patient data and ran the servers needed to query the information. From June 1992 to October 1994 (2 years 5 months)
Robin Whyte is skilled in: Executive Management, Product Development, Software Engineering..., Product Design, Entrepreneur, Managing teams and..., Social Networking, Senior Management and..., Agile Development, Game Mechanics, Web Development, C++, Java, Gaming, Virtual, Web Applications, Software Development, Mobile, Chief Nerd, Working with Educators..., Agile Methodologies, Mobile Devices, Entrepreneurship, Mentoring, Scalability, Management, Software Engineering, Strategy, CRM, E-commerce, Project Management, Virtual Worlds, Start-ups, User Experience, Cross-functional Team..., Integration, Program Management, Product Management, Leadership, Customer Engagement, Agile Project Management, Monetization, Analytics, SaaS, Business Strategy, Strategic Partnerships, Community Sites, Scrum, Mobile Applications, Consulting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension