A bold, innovative and diverse technology leader with 15+ years of experience successfully leading people, managing projects and developing products in e-commerce, consumer electronics, customer service centers and automotive operations. Uses a customer-centric philosophy and detail-oriented, data-driven approach to identify breakthrough opportunities while continuously improving the customer experience. An energetic and passionate leader with the capacity to
A bold, innovative and diverse technology leader with 15+ years of experience successfully leading people, managing projects and developing products in e-commerce, consumer electronics, customer service centers and automotive operations. Uses a customer-centric philosophy and detail-oriented, data-driven approach to identify breakthrough opportunities while continuously improving the customer experience. An energetic and passionate leader with the capacity to navigate complex problems, deliver results, communicate effectively, adapt to new environments, build highly functioning teams, and develop team members to reach their highest potential.
“Rob continually demonstrates leadership on any project he is associated with and is one of those people that you just never have to worry about getting the results you expect.” Wayne Bell, Vice President Marketing – Ace Asphalt
I am responsible building and planning the app product roadmap, building a product backlog and designing specific features that take advantage of vehicle APIs, framework libraries, OnStar/GM and remote server APIs. My team provides libraries and widgets for 3rd party developers so they can implement consistent features which simplify the customer experience. We leverage Agile/SCUM methodologies to continuously improve the product and refine the customer experience
We are building the connected car and my core product tenets are;
1.) The most important screen in the vehicle is the windshield. We will choose driver safety over app functionality every time (this is non-negotiable) and if customers were given this choice, they would agree and be thankful for our commitment to safe driving.
2.)We measure success through app engagement. We have conviction engagement strengthens customer loyalty and increases demand for GM vehicles and parts and products like OnStar, Apps and Dealer Services.
3.) App complexity increases the likelihood of errors in product execution and customer confusion. We seek to implement the simplest solutions possible and will not ask our customers to experience the complexity in our programs or organization.
4.) Improving the customer experience and growing the app ecosystem depends on accountability. We will hold ourselves accountable for the apps we build and create standards / best practices for internal app development and 3rd party's developers to follow.
5.) We will work backwards from the customer in creating apps, regularly seeking out performance data and customer feedback when evaluating new products and adding features. From April 2013 to Present (2 years 6 months) Detroit, MISenior Manager - Seller (Customer) Experience Programs @ Single threaded leader focused on building new customer support experiences, from simple transactions to tailored intelligent value added solutions. Product owner responsible for developing a worldwide customer relationship management (CRM) application that surfaces activities through workflow and alerts owners when to best engage with customers, driving business growth and operational excellence. From November 2011 to April 2013 (1 year 6 months) Greater Seattle AreaGlobal Product Manager - Navigation and Traffic Services @ Global owner for suite of navigation, traffic and location based services responsible for creating long term product strategy and revenue generation of new and existing products. Developed solutions to improve product performance & customer experience. Management of $44 million annual product budget and vendor management for mapping, searching, location content, geocoding and routing services. From July 2010 to November 2011 (1 year 5 months) Detroit, MIManager - Call Center Customer Experience Programs @ Designed and delivered performance strategy to provide best-in-class customer service experience for OnStar’s Blue Button Advisor services. Directly responsible for revenue generation, forecasting, and call center performance operations at three remote sites while managing a budget of over $40 million. From March 2009 to July 2010 (1 year 5 months) Detroit, MIEngineering Group Manager - Product Operations and Performance @ Built an engineering team from the ground up dedicated to improving end-to-end system performance and quality of OnStar’s new Turn by Turn Navigation (TbT) service. Focus included improving cellular voice and data service levels, vehicle communication system and client/server requests. Additional responsibilities included financial accounting, route quality improvements, reporting automation and product validation. From January 2007 to March 2009 (2 years 3 months) Detroit, MISenior Network Engineer - Cellular and Future Products @ Technical leader who designed requirements for OnStar’s hardware which improved cellular network performance, created features for future telematics products, and built several internal operations systems. Designed troubleshooting tools and trained technical advisors on products to reduce customer issues.
• Developed and successfully deployed a proof-of-concept cellular network product to simplify provisioning telephone numbers for customers and filed for patent (257615) that is under review by U.S. Patent Office.
• Defined technical specifications, user interface design, and conducted user acceptance testing for an internal provisioning API to support activating and troubleshooting customers’ cellular network features.
• Identified gaps in cellular data (1xRTT) coverage through field testing and data analysis which led to the expansion of OnStar’s coverage by 10%, allowing hundreds of thousands of customers to receive service.
• Prepared the department’s back-end reporting systems and technical support department for “Turn by Turn Navigation” and was awarded with GM Chairman’s Award for the successful launch of the product. From October 2004 to January 2007 (2 years 4 months) Detroit, MIProgram Manager - Call Center Enterprise Experience Programs @ Program managed the building of several company-wide, web-based applications focused on reducing internal operational cycle time, eliminating cost, and improving customer service and revenue streams.
• Led business and IT teams in eXtreme Programming (XP) environment while building an internal operations/sales support order status application which supported a call center community of 800 advisors.
• Project resulted in a reduction of order cycle time by 50%, eliminated $1.9M in annual expense, improved customer service by 12%, and deployed 3 software releases on time and under budget.
• Developed and managed the supporting $3.1M business case, which resulted in a return on investment of 106% over 3 years and a total reduction of $5.7M of expense after 4 years.
• Managed a team of over 40 people who developed system requirements, conducted load and performance testing. Facilitated program planning sessions and directed executive management on progress of project.
• Initialized a database program to systematically identify, notify, and retrieve under-utilized inventory that reclaimed 70,000 units and saved nearly $13.6M in associated capital expenditure. From October 2001 to October 2004 (3 years 1 month) Denver, COEquipment Manager (Intern) @ Was able to see the intricate interworking details of a high stress, short turnaround and successful NFL organization. Worked during the Summer Camp/Two-A-Days supporting the organization in its transition from Englewood, CO to Greely, CO. Managed a team of 10 student managers prepare the team daily for practice and 4 home and away game travels. From June 2001 to September 2001 (4 months) Englewood, COGlobal Product and Customer Process Engineer @ Developed customer operation processes (service delivery and repair) for a fiber optic start-up company and managed the development of a corporate wide system to track and correct network inventory errors.
Experienced firsthand the effects the decisions that chapter 11 has on a company and how to persevere during difficult situations.
• Facilitated process development and created standard operating procedures with repair departments.
• Designed a process and implemented a system to capture, correct and track inventory errors.
• Collaborated on the development of a new operational model to support the customer fulfillment process. From May 2001 to June 2001 (2 months) Greater Denver AreaProduct, Systems and Call Center Operations Analyst @ Joined a start-up DSL telecom company which had limited process, procedures or performance measurement systems and worked in various operations departments mapping out processes, developing performance metrics, identifying and implementing system solutions to streamline production, increase yield and improve profit margins.
• Successfully developed, facilitated, documented, trained and implemented multiple phases of customer order fulfillment process and supporting system processes. Led to a reduction in rework by 30%, lowered cycle time by 15 days and increased installation yields more than 60%.
• Identified systematic and process bottlenecks and implemented cost saving solutions, Led to reduction in unsuccessful dispatches by 43%, which accounted for cost savings more than $30,000 a month and generated additional reoccurring revenues of $50,000 per month.
• Project Team Lead for Indiana Region who re-engineered Field Operation’s processes that accounted for 2 consecutive months of record installations and the daily record for installations completed by a Region.
• Team Leader of a five person “Order Swat Team” that analyzed process deficiencies and reviewed orders for data integrity, 50% of orders reviewed were updated, corrected and returned in process within 4 hours.
• Identified and corrected billing errors which led to recovery of over $15,000 in monthly reoccurring revenue.
• Provided Field Operations the ability through Clarify to systematically track, schedule, monitor and measure dispatch success rates, technician productivity, installation cycle time and installations per day.
• Project managed and assisted IT department with the system development, requirements definition and implementation of a new move, add, change & disconnect processes. From June 2000 to May 2001 (1 year) Greater Denver AreaProduct & Process Implementation Specialist @ Process liaison between operations, product development and regional/national repair centers and built end user process guides and job aids for new products, simplified repair processes and improved customer service.
• Facilitated the centralization and consolidation of nation wide repair functions into a single Network Operations Center that reduced overall costs for network monitoring and maintenance.
• Co-developed functional business and process requirements for electronic bonding and web-based trouble-ticketing system between ICG and its vendors.
• Authored repair processes and job aids to improve customer interaction and reduce repair cycle time. From October 1999 to May 2000 (8 months) Greater Denver AreaSupplier/Vendor Performance Manager @ • Tracked and monitored telecommunications network materials to ensure on-time delivery for engineering build out.
• Analyzed vendor performance reports, identified impacts, and directed vendors to improve performance. From July 1999 to October 1999 (4 months) Greater Denver AreaIzzone Director/Student Alumni Foundation @ Marketed, branded and organized one of the most recognizable student spirit sections in the Nation. ESPN, CBS, and Sports Illustrated has recognized it as, “one of the toughest places to play college basketball…”
• Increased membership by 650% through direct advertising campaign this led to a revenue uplift of over 500% and generated revenues for the University of more than $90,000.
• Recruited and managed a team of 15 volunteers responsible for supporting and executing various projects.
• Directly held accountable for the approval and expenditure of an annual budget of more than $150,000.
• Organized various fundraisers, charity events and road trips for thousands of students and alumni.
• Awarded Big Ten and National Championship Ring from head basketball coach Tom Izzo. From January 1997 to May 1999 (2 years 5 months) East Lansing, MIInternal Operations Performance Analyst (Intern) @ • Reviewed company and competitors performance and coordinated with internal resources to achieve compliance.
• Established job responsibilities for a newly created Competitor Performance and Project Management Position. From May 1998 to August 1998 (4 months) Greater Denver AreaCall Center Process Engineer (Intern) @ • Responsible for re-defining two operations positions within the technician scheduling and dispatch call centers.
• Audited the call centers through time motion studies to ensure compliance with standardized job functions. From May 1997 to August 1997 (4 months) Greater Denver Area
MS, Information Systems Management @ Carnegie Mellon University From 2006 to 2010 BA, Supply Chain Managment @ Michigan State University From 1995 to 1999 Rob Myers is skilled in: Call Center, Operations Management, Process Improvement, Telematics, Telecommunications, Call Center Development, Product Development, Business Requirements, Business Process, Personnel Development, Technical Leadership, Results Oriented, Project Planning, Program Management, Telephony, Requirements Gathering, Data Analysis, Product Design, Product Launch, Performance Metrics, Account Management, Customer Experience, Customer Focus, System Requirements, Reporting & Analysis, Coaching, Strategy Development, Partner Relationship..., Professional Networking, Thought Leadership, Global Operations, Self Starter, Navigation Systems, GPS, Customer Advocacy, Budgets, SaaS, Enterprise Software, Project Management, Customer Oriented, Strategy, Management, Call Centers, Leadership, Product Management, Competitive Analysis, Executive Management, Forecasting, Cross-functional Team..., Goal Oriented