Human Resources Business Partner - Infrastructure Projects (Southern) @ Network Rail
Human Resources Business Partner Support - Thameslink Project @ Network Rail
Resourcing Advisor @ Network Rail
No education info found.
I am a professional, self-motivated individual, driven by the achievement of practical results and committed to increasing the knowledge and capability of both myself and others whenever possible. I have a strong client focus with a commercial awareness, and strive to deliver tailored, realistic solutions to any given challenge. I am able to adapt and relate to
I am a professional, self-motivated individual, driven by the achievement of practical results and committed to increasing the knowledge and capability of both myself and others whenever possible. I have a strong client focus with a commercial awareness, and strive to deliver tailored, realistic solutions to any given challenge. I am able to adapt and relate to stakeholders on numerous levels; tailoring my approach to a situation, whilst remaining professional and inclusive. Foundation level CIPD qualified, I possess hands on people management experience and am able to identify and empathise with the unique challenges this role brings.
Human Resources Business Partner - Infrastructure Projects (Southern) @ From August 2015 to Present (4 months) London, United KingdomHuman Resources Business Partner Support - Thameslink Project @ Responsible for providing pragmatic support of strategic HR initiatives to assist delivery of the Thameslink Programme, whilst liaising with internal departments to both enable and assist effective people management to achieve desired business results. Providing day to day support to Senior and Lead HRBP to ensure essential tasks, such as Org Change, Performance Rating collation and submissions, are completed in a timely manner. Also signposting managers and employees to relevant teams within HR to resolve queries and provide bespoke solutions to increase capability. From July 2014 to August 2015 (1 year 2 months) London, United KingdomResourcing Advisor @ Responsible for the management of the recruitment process of both temporary and permanent vacancies, working closely as Client Partner to Hiring Managers across various business functions, including Asset Management, Operations & Customer Service, IP and Telecoms, with direct involvement from Graduate to Senior Exec level placements.
Initially covering contractor positions, I worked closely with the company’s PSL to ensure short to medium term roles were filled in a timely and cost effective manner, overseeing delivery of volume vacancies to ensure smooth delivery of work.
Moving over to the Permanent Recruitment team in late 2011, my main focus was within "Project Delivery", recruiting high caliber Project Management, Project Engineers, corporate and support roles, including Finance, Commercial, HR, IT and Admin, within Network Rail’s Infrastructure Projects Function.
Infrastructure Projects is a regionally-based business unit of Network Rail. Its remit is the efficient delivery of renewals and enhancements on our railway through professional control and management of capital projects. From the rejuvenation of King’s Cross station and the upgrade and expansion of Thameslink, to Europe’s largest civil engineering project – Crossrail – the function is involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures the UK has ever seen.
Managing the lifecycle of an average of 50 – 70 vacancies, key skills include: Pro-active Vacancy Management, Role Profiling, Advertising, Internal Recruitment, Direct Sourcing, Candidate Screening, Assessment Centre Design & Delivery, Vendor Management, Stakeholder Management, Benchmarking & Budget Control. From January 2011 to June 2014 (3 years 6 months) London, United KingdomSabbatical travelling around India, Malaysia, China and Central Asia. @ From October 2009 to December 2010 (1 year 3 months) In-House Recrutiment Consultant @ Responsible for achieving monthly revenue targets, via an internally owned managed service provider, through placement of quality candidates, on both a temp and perm basis, and generation of internal business through the forging of strong client relations. This was achieved by regular liaison with Recruiting Managers to discuss recruitment needs and providing quality candidates for interview in order to meet business requirements, whilst maintaining consistently high service levels. Areas covered range from HR, Training and Development, Finance, Administration and Customer Services on all levels.
Key achievements include:
-Successfully implemented divisional procedures and policies
-Billed £135,000 in first twelve months, over a difficult period for recruitment industry as a whole
-Attained 75% fill rate on perm vacancies, 100% on temp
-Implemented Assessment Centres for all Customer Service candidates
-Consistently achieved agreed revenue targets From May 2008 to September 2009 (1 year 5 months) Recruitment Consultant @ Responsible for building and maintaining a profitable temp desk to achieve set monthly revenue targets, through matching appropriate immediately available candidates to suitable vacancies. This was achieved by daily cold calling to generate vacancies as well as utilising all client and candidate contact to maximise business generation, identifying and maintaining key and target clients to maximise business, effective candidate management, establishing thorough job specs/assignment briefs, managing client and candidate expectations through defining essential and desirable requirements, effective interviewing and selection process of candidates.
Key achievements include:
- Built a successful temp desk from a ‘cold start’ through geographical area development
- Achieved all set targets, highest billing month £16k on temp margin within nine months
- Consistently placed in top three ‘Rookie of the Month’ Divisional competition, out of 12 new consultants
- Secured ‘preferred supplier’ agreements with two new clients and one existing.
- 80% overall ‘Direct Fill’ rate on temp placements From September 2007 to May 2008 (9 months) Advertisng Field Sales Representative @ Responsible for achieving set targets, typically between £35k-£45k, through advertising sales into the BT Phone Book, Classified section and associated website. Based purely in the field, the role involves generating daily appointments with businesses through purely cold calls to identify potential business needs with a view to boost income through effective, tailored advertising. Production of accurate paperwork and weekly figures together with maintaining a fast pace approach is key to success, with an adaptable yet professional approach to individual customers. Exceeded five out of seven ‘book’ targets, exceeding 80% on those not met (first two ‘books’ worked). From 2005 to 2007 (2 years) Advertising Field Sales Consultant @ Responsible for achieving monthly sales targets through advertising sales within a weekly Entertainments ‘What’s On’ supplement. This was achieved via face-to-face visits & telesales, recommending appropriate advertising solutions tailored and designed for individual clients needs, designing creative visuals and creating regular Ad Features in conjunction with Editorial. Working toward individual targets as part of a team, the role involved both cold calling new business and servicing a regular client base to ensure high standards of customer service and satisfaction were maintained, ensuring relations were of the highest standard to optimise business potential From 2001 to 2005 (4 years) Business Centre Manager - Events, Restaurant & Bar @ Responsible for the smooth and efficient running of a busy hotel restaurant, bar and function suite, through recruitment and selection, training, ongoing development, and daily management of a team of six full time and 20 part time staff. This was achieved through effective delegation, communication and regular performance reviews and NVQ skills training, both one to one coaching and via group sessions. Also responsible for delivery of statutory and job related training. As Duty Manager, responsible for ensuring customer issues and concerns were handled quickly and resolved to satisfaction. From 1996 to 2001 (5 years)
Richard Walmsley is skilled in: Recruitment Advertising, Interviews, Technical Recruiting, Graduate Recruitment, Contract Recruitment, New Business Development, Performance Management, Recruiting, Executive Search, Management, Human Resources, Training, Team Management, Team Leadership, Coaching
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension