“Rome wasn't built in a day” As much as it takes to have that genius bulb above the head moment you need talented people around you to get your idea/business up and running to eventually continuous growth. Even Walter Frederick Morrison (Inventor of the Frisbee) needed to get his idea off the ground (sorry about the pun).
“Rome wasn't built in a day” As much as it takes to have that genius bulb above the head moment you need talented people around you to get your idea/business up and running to eventually continuous growth. Even Walter Frederick Morrison (Inventor of the Frisbee) needed to get his idea off the ground (sorry about the pun). That’s where I come in….
With over 4 year’s experience in recruiting the best national and international talent both externally and in-house I can happily say I haven’t seen everything! As the market is constantly changing with new technologies and bespoke skills a technical recruiter’s toughest challenge is keeping an eye on this and being one step ahead of their clients in being ready to tap up these future talent pools. I feel that the number of roles in the various areas I have recruited for has shown that I am constantly meeting this demand.
Some of the roles I have successfully recruited for:
• Software Developers
• Test Engineers
• Linux Engineers
• System Engineers
• Data Centre Technicians
• Mobile Developers (Android & iOS)
• C# Developers
• Web Development Managers
• Field Quality Engineers
• Project Managers
• Business Analysts
• Deployment Engineers
• Executive Assistants
• To name but a few....
At the moment I am working in a dream job recruiting the best talent for PADDYPOWERS Global operations. Who can walk into work in the morning and throw on Sky Sports News with a cut out of Nicholas Bendtner beside you. Every day is a new adventure in there and with the people that the team and myself has recruited it truly is a great place to work. If you’re interested in talking to me about opportunities with PADDYPOWER or if you want to chat about other opportunities please feel free to get in contact with me.
Talent Acquisition Partner - Technology @ • Responsible for generation of active and passive engineering candidates from job portals, networking sites, contact lists and internal databases through research.
• Building relationships with hiring managers and understanding their recruitment needs.
• Partnering with recruiters and staffing leadership to create innovative sourcing strategies.
• Responsible for candidate management that includes validation of interest, availability, work authorization, compensation, technical fit and qualifications.
• Attracting and generating candidates for the graduate program. From March 2013 to Present (2 years 10 months) Talent Sourcer @ Sourcing and developing candidate pipelines for open roles.
Identifying qualified candidates through user groups, social media, conferences and blogs.
Phone screen candidates using competency based interviewing skills. Provide support to the recruitment team with projects and initiatives. From April 2012 to February 2013 (11 months) IT Recruitment Specialist @ I am currently a Recruitment Specialist and Account Manager at GemPool.
I am responsible for:
Writing job Specs
Managing Our Candidate Accounts
Giving Candidate Advice
Social Media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)
All Company VJS's
Dealing With All Aspects of the Recruitment Process
• Account Manager for two major multinational companies
• My work with one company was instrumental in being able to work with two other major clients as well
• Sourcing CV’s through the use of jobs boards, social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube) and Monsters CV database
• Communicating with candidates and establishing a relationship of trust so if they have or haven’t being successful they will be more than likely to work with myself in the future.
• Working with clients and answering any questions or queries they may have
• Some of my clients have very specialised requirements and as such I have attested myself in delivering these requirements through Head Hunting. My main tool is LinkedIn’s Recruiter Professional Services (RPS) Tool.
• Meeting clients and keeping them up to date with our progress and listening to their needs and necessities
• Was involved in giving training to a new colleague on the team.
o Showed them how to do direct sourcing
o How to talk and engage with candidates
o Administration Duties
o Preparing a candidate for interview From May 2011 to April 2012 (1 year) IT Recruitment Consultant @ • Searching for candidates for specific external and internal roles
• Communicating with candidates about the roles and getting their salary package and benefits requirements
• Submitting candidates to my team leader/ account manager
• Designing and implementing candidate mock interviews
• Being at every stage of the hiring process from searching to job offer
• Working with our sister company The Now Factory (which I continue to do in GemPool) I have built strong relationships with each of the teams managers. I believe this is because I can communicate and understand what each team looks for in their ideal candidate and thus this does not waste time and second each of the managers knows that I can deliver.
• Was responsible for running the permanent desk from January 9th until a Team Lead Manager was recruited in early March
o In this capacity I was in charge of three major multinational clients and had to immediately meet each external client to establish a rapport with them and also state that I have the skill to meet their targets
o Take on extra work load to keep the permanent desk profitable as well as maintaining a professional relationship with any client that was interested in VERO/GemPools recruitment services From August 2010 to May 2011 (10 months) IADT Marketing Manager @ Marketing GRADIreland in IADT college campus. Running lunchtime campaigns to encourage students to sign up to the website. At the two Grad fairs I was in charge with running a team of four during the vent to make sure that the people at each stall had all their needs and questions taken care of. From September 2009 to May 2010 (9 months)
Bachelor of Science, Psychology Applied to Information Technology @ Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology From 2006 to 2010 Secondary Level @ St. Macartans College, Monaghan From 2000 to 2006 Richard Snowden is skilled in: IT Recruitment, Direct Sourcing, Job Analysis, inhouse recruitment, Organizational Psychology, Job Search Strategies, Fantasy Football, Talent Acquisition, Java, Social Psychology, Talent Management, Cognitive Psychology, Shell Scripting, Bash, Strategic Sourcing