Computer Science Engineer @
Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
A proactive and enthusiastic Sr. Android Software engineer with high level IT/Computing education both in UK and Spain in addition to expertise in a wide range of mobile / back-end based technologies. Having worked in three different countries such as Belgium, UK and Spain has a wide scope of different ways of working and adaptability
A proactive and enthusiastic Sr. Android Software engineer with high level IT/Computing education both in UK and Spain in addition to expertise in a wide range of mobile / back-end based technologies. Having worked in three different countries such as Belgium, UK and Spain has a wide scope of different ways of working and adaptability to change. First class analytical and problem solving skills which provides high quality standards when designing, coding and testing all kind of applications. Those skills combined with expertise in OO design, requirements engineering and systems analysis are suitable for being a high qualified professional in Leading and Software Engineering through Android Mobile Development projects, both in Java / C++.
Languages, Platorms & Architecture:
- Java and Android development
- Clean and Mobile Architecture
- Design patterns
- UML & OO design
Information Systems Audit, Information Systems Analysis, Information Systems Technologies: Databases Design and SQL
Advanced Software Engineering,
Android Developer @ Mainly developing mobile applications that enhance TV viewing, participation, and content discovery experience for YouView’s customers.
• Design, implementation, and testing of Android applications to product and UX specification, maintaining code quality
• Component and API design supporting clean separation of UI presentation
layers and testable client-side services. Produce appropriate documentation
for a technical audience.
• Work with other developers to create solutions that support system
interactions with networked TVs and STBs, and data rich web services
• Network and UI performance optimisation
• Support the team’s development, test and release cycle From October 2015 to Present (3 months) London, United KingdomSenior Android Developer @ - Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Continuously discover, evaluate, design architecture and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Android Software Engineering: Refactoring & Design patterns, Clean code, Algorithms Efficiency, Decoupling and Structuring readable code by means of Dagger 2, MVP, Interactors, Repository pattern.
- Custom widgets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API's
- Unit-test code for robustness From May 2015 to September 2015 (5 months) Madrid Area, SpainAndroid Software Engineer & Team Lead @ - Java with a wide scope of Android SDK
- Taking Leadership duties as Team Lead since the 6th month.
- Requirements engineering duties
- Using last tendencies such as Material Design or Model-View-Presenter (MVP) architecture (with Dagger library)
- Android development with Android Studio (IntelliJ, Gradle)
- Android Native Development Kit (NDK) / JNI : C / C++ for high performance native computing
- Google Play Services: In-App Billing, Google Cloud Messaging.
- Multimedia processing and cache.
- REST API Web Services Client (Retrofit) + JSON Modeling, use of GSON.
- SQLite modeling and coding
- Modeling Data structures with UML or Entity relationship diagrams, use of best practices such as design patterns, workflow analysis, requirements Engineering, validation & verification testing
- Legacy code with Eclipse
- Control versioning by command line with Git
- Research & Development (R&D),
- Android ADT and debugging
Augmented Reality (AR): rendering with metaio, image recognition with OpenCV
Versioning control with friendly UIs such as Atlassian SourceTree, bitbucket From May 2014 to May 2015 (1 year 1 month) Valencia Area, SpainConsultant @ Software Development Engineer C++ in Amadeus Benelux´s Mid-Back Office team -- Consultant for Harvey Nash N.V. From April 2013 to April 2014 (1 year 1 month) Antwerp Area, BelgiumSoftware Development Engineer C++ @ Software Development Engineer C++ in Amadeus Benelux´s Mid-Back Office team -- Consultant for Harvey Nash N.V. in Amadeus Benelux N.V
Build the next generation of software.
Define user requirements for development of new or improvement of existing software solutions.
Design technical solutions and perform feasibility studies.
Propose viable technical solutions to Product Management and/or users for validation.
Model, design and implement databases.
Develop software according to the standards in C++. From April 2013 to February 2014 (11 months) Antwerp Area, BelgiumJunior Software Developer - Linux @ Develop new features and functionality for high transaction, large scale betting websites in William Hill (.com .it .es)
Producing robust, clear, polished, code in a short amount of time. Languages used: TCL and Bash Scripting with Informix databases and Tomcat Application Server. Management system of projects on JIRA, software control management with CVS.
Designing solutions that are modular, scalable, extendable and portable.
Working with customers to extract requirements and agree the best designs From September 2012 to March 2013 (7 months) London, United KingdomResearcher & Android Junior Software Engineer (Erasmus internship) @ Cranfield University aims thesis projects for MSc students, but this project is an own creative and challenging idea. The topic of that research is “Using Augmented Reality and Geo-location in Android Mobile Devices to Visualise time dependent data”. This thesis project is an individual project based on the more accurate and high performance techniques of software engineering and newly technologies such as augmented reality on mobile devices in addition to visualisation, geo-location and innovative ideas as time dependence is for augmented reality systems. From April 2012 to August 2012 (5 months) Milton Keynes, United KingdomTechnical Engineer In Administrative Data Processing @ Chief Medium officer in Computer Science and research area. Project Name:"Needs Assessment of employment in professional profiles towards graduated university students" Markets Research. Responsibilities and role: Information Systems and Data Analyst. Processes Manager and Requirements Engineer. From December 2010 to March 2011 (4 months) Valencia Area, SpainSoftware Engineer @ Software Engineer in PHP with MySQL and Project Manager of the project based on a
Private Virtual Platform focused
on Bio-Informatics profiles.
Facing tasks of analyst with final users of the suitable application and handling requirements engineering with such customers.
http://biotechvana.uv.es/bioinformatics From June 2010 to August 2010 (3 months) Valencia Area, SpainIT Supporting and Development Staff @ Working in Polytechnic University of Valencia by ServiPoli
MSc Computational & Software Techniques in Engineering: Software Engineering for Technical Computing, Advanced Java, C++, Cloud Computing, Advanced Software Engineering, Computer Graphics, 2:1 or 66 @ Cranfield University From 2011 to 2012 Computer Science Engineer, Advanced Software Technology, Software Engineering, Requirements Engineering, Systems and Automation, 8.2 out of 10 @ Universidad Politécnica de Valencia From 2010 to 2012 BSc (Hons - with Honours) in Information Technology, Information Strategy, Knowledge Management, Information: Society and Security, Communities of Pract., 2:2 @ Edinburgh Napier University From 2009 to 2010 Technical Engineering in Administrative Data Processing, Management of Computer Systems Projects, Business Based on Information and Communication Technologie, 7 out of 10 @ Universidad Politécnica de Valencia From 2005 to 2009 Raul Lopez is skilled in: Java, Software Requirements, Software Engineering Practices, Requirements Analysis, Android Development, C++, Group Work, Problem Solving, Software Design, English, SQL, Eclipse, MySQL, Linux, XML
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension