Technical Program Manager / Architect with over 20 years of extensive experience in Database Applications development and Data Warehouse building. Proficient in gathering requirements, data modeling, designing and coding ETL, data conversions, interfaces, screens and reports. Experienced in managing projects, mentoring developers through the entire lifecycle of a software project and DBA related activities like DDL, Performance
Technical Program Manager / Architect with over 20 years of extensive experience in Database Applications development and Data Warehouse building. Proficient in gathering requirements, data modeling, designing and coding ETL, data conversions, interfaces, screens and reports. Experienced in managing projects, mentoring developers through the entire lifecycle of a software project and DBA related activities like DDL, Performance Tuning, Backup and Recovery. Also working on multiple data-driven voluntary projects for non-profits in my free time.
Companies worked for:
Seattle City Light
G. Heileman Brewing Co.
Technical Program Manager @ From April 2015 to Present (7 months) SeattleTechnical Product Manager @ Currently working on a Big Data Analytics project being implemented in a fast-paced agile environment. The solution would provide performance metrics to assist management in Customer Service Agent compensation calculation.
Requirements gathering, solution design, data modeling, source to target data mapping and release planning. In addition, I act as the liason between the users and the dev/qa team and make sure both groups are marching forward to get projects completed successfully.
Extracting the booking and call data from multiple sources into a Hadoop landing zone. Consolidating data into Atomic Data store and then transforming it into a de-normalized data mart.
In parallel, working on a single-row view of data in Hadoop stitching the above data from the data warehouse From July 2013 to April 2015 (1 year 10 months) Bellevue, WASr Systems Analyst @ Working on multiple BI projects based on requirements from Campaign Management Systems, Marketing and Accounting users. These projects primarily measure usage of various new products that T-mobile is launching into the market. My responsibilities include
• Creating High Level Solution Design (HLSD) before Capital Assessment of the projects.
• Analyzing and investigating source data for the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
• Working with Business Analysts, Project Management, data architects, developers and QA to ensure data flows from Source Systems into our Data Warehouses and our users get the desired reports.
• Teradata, Informatica, Oracle, SQL Server, MS Office. From March 2011 to June 2013 (2 years 4 months) Bellevue, WAProject Manager @ Designed a Salesforce based CRM for FeetFirst. From September 2010 to May 2011 (9 months) Consultant @ Worked on migrating student data and functionality from a legacy VAX system into a newer Student Information System (eSIS). The project included improving functionality based on best practices, cleaning data, and methods to keep it clean in the future. Improvements were made in making the functionality more sustainable and maintainable by a leaner Central office.
• Built a data repository and ETL for storing valid addresses from County records. This data repository is used to clean Students’ addresses and correct faulty student assignments.
• Designed an interface between eSIS student information system in Oracle and Windows WCF web service transferring Student details to VERSATRANS transportation system.
• Designed multiple demographic screens and reports based on users’ requirements.
• Created an interface transferring data between eSIS and PCS/PayPams nutrition system so that students can be provided lunch in their respective schools.
• UNIX, Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader From December 2009 to March 2011 (1 year 4 months) Consultant (web analytics) @ Worked on analyzing data obtained from users of MSN and Bing. Provided Data Quality analysis as data travelled from Web user logs through the Data Warehouse to the cubes and BI reports.
• Created aggregated FY10 reports for Unique Users and Page views based on both geographic dimensions and business group dimensions.
• Reported on data loss and latency while collecting data from MSN and Bing users. Provided a scorecard and newsletter to Management with summarized numbers.
• DBA activities like backups, DB maintenance and account management.
• Provided Data Quality feedback about data collection strategies as well as improvements to reporting for Marketing users.
• Windows, SQL Server, MS Office tools. From July 2009 to December 2009 (6 months) Data Analyst @ Designed a SalesForce based Donor Database to keep track of campaigns, events and donations. From March 2009 to December 2009 (10 months) SafeStreets - Pro Bono work through TaprootData Architect / consultant @ T-Mobile provides phones and wireless voice, messaging and data services through multiple Retail and Partner outlets. In order for these partners to sell the latest offers from T-mobile, an up-to-date and robust Retail Product Catalog needed to be developed and maintained by the Company. The Partners and T-mobile Retail planned to develop a catalog based on an SOA based messaging system.
• Worked on all phases of the S/W life cycle - gathered requirements, built data models, DDL and creating APIs for the Product Catalog. This catalog included rate plans and services as well as phones and other accessories.
• Designed and developed ETL to bring data over from the Billing (SAMSON) and CRM (SAP) systems.
• Provided database interfaces in PL/SQL for the Service layers for Rateplan inquiry, Phone Activation, Account Management etc.
• DB Designer, ERWIN, XML Spy, Visio, PL/SQL, Oracle tools, Toad. From May 2008 to July 2009 (1 year 3 months) Consultant @ Microsoft is offering its Software Products like LiveMeeting, Exchange Hosted Services (EHS) as a Service to most customers worldwide. The quality of Service provided is captured in a Data Warehouse that is used for External/Internal reporting and Quality Analysis.
Enhancing the Data Warehouse to include Customer Service data.
Designing Scorecard for Sales and Operations.
Providing reports to External and Internal executives using ProClarity, T-SQL etc. From 2007 to 2008 (1 year) BI Consultant @ Coinstar had acquired multiple Lines of Business and needed a Corporate Datawarehouse and a stable and user-friendly reporting infrastructure.
• Worked as Architect and Mentor for the BI group.
• Hiring /interviewing DBA’s and developers in the group.
• Worked on gathering requirements from multiple Lines of Business owned by Coinstar, and designed a Corporate Data Warehouse that could be used for Reporting. Worked on testing and implementation of the Data Warehouse.
• Creating a data model to contain clean Customer data and Customer-chain hierarchy.
• Gathered requirements and created multiple operational reports for Operations, Sales and Marketing Departments.
• Worked on understanding complex Cognos Reports and converting them to be used in SQL Server Reporting Services. From 2006 to November 2007 (1 year) Consultant @ Salire Partners provides assessment, analysis, and business case tools that accurately reflect investment return. They help demonstrate the business value of existing or proposed IT investments to key executives in the company.
Salire was ready to move from their existing technology to something newer. I helped create a technology roadmap for their new products. This consisted of conceptual data models, architecture diagrams which showed servers, web services, reporting tools etc. Along with the Roadmap, we also provided time schedules, budgets and resource needs to complete the redesign of their project. From 2006 to 2006 (less than a year) Consultant @ Marchex enables leading ad aggregators like yellow page publishers and newspapers to sell search marketing packages to their local businesses. They accomplish this by creating and managing these local paid listings campaigns across several leading search engines like Yahoo and Google.
Worked on developing a robust service oriented ETL application, reporting data warehouse, and Portal. Also worked on developing an Internet based domain parking system for Marchex. From 2005 to 2006 (1 year) Senior Software Developer @ From 2003 to 2005 (2 years) Consultant @ Worked on implementing Oracle Process Manufacturing at all the roasting plants owned by Starbucks.
• Designed and developed key interfaces from OPM to/from JDA (for inventory), Manugistics (for planning), Warehouse Management System, PsP (scheduling) and OASIS (Process Control system).
• Worked on a strategy for data conversion; designed, developed and implemented the same for North America. Designed and developed data conversion programs for their Europe plant too.
• Mentored developers in setting up, configuration and registration processes in Oracle’s suite of Applications. Setup best practices for registering programs, user responsibilities and program configuration.
• Oracle Process Manufacturing, Oracle Applications, Forms, Reports, PL/SQL, Pro*C, UNIX. From 2001 to 2003 (2 years) DB developer @ This city govt. office provides important summarized customer related information to the Mayor’s office, General Accounting, Customer Relations and other city departments.
• Worked on creating a data warehouse containing city-wide billing system data.
• Built data objects containing aggregated information and created reports using Oracle Discoverer.
• Oracle, PL/SQL, Oracle Discoverer. From 2000 to 2001 (1 year) Consultant @ AT&T Wireless was acquiring smaller cell phone companies on the West Coast, and needed to integrate their financial information.
• Designed and developed the conversion of Purchasing and Accounts Payables data from acquired cellular phone companies.
• Modified the cell phone returns interface to include newly acquired wireless companies and their customers.
• Designed and developed custom Positive Pay process as part of Oracle Accounts Payables module.
• Oracle Payables, Purchasing, UNIX Shell, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms and Reports, PRO*C, SQL*Loader. From 2000 to 2000 (less than a year) Redmond, WAConsultant @ This manufacturing company provides innovative In-flight entertainment products and services to airlines worldwide.
• Designed the data conversion from existing Repairs database to Oracle Service as part of the Oracle Applications Rel 11 implementation. Also worked on Customer and Item master conversion.
• Designed and developed all Oracle Discoverer reports needed for Matsushita repair shops worldwide and some finance, inventory and Receivables reports too. Mentored Matsushita Repair shop employees in Oracle Discoverer Report development.
• Oracle Service, CRM, Oracle Manufacturing, UNIX Shell, PL/SQL, Oracle Discoverer, SQL*Loader. From 1999 to 2000 (1 year) Bothell, WASoftware Engineer @ This software development company provides easy-to-use customized database views based on Oracle Applications tables. These views are used extensively by customers in creating reports.
• Developed the interface between Noetix views and Oracle Discoverer 3.0 and 3.1. The interface consisted of populating Oracle Discoverer’s back-end database objects also called the EUL objects. Also provided customer service and beta testing help for the EUL generator and Noetix views.
• Worked on building a views based product that would make data warehousing simpler for any Oracle Applications customer.
• Oracle Applications, UNIX Shell, PL/SQL, Oracle Discoverer. From 1997 to 1999 (2 years) Bellevue, WAConsultant @ This Telecommunications company provided Cellular Service to most of Western United States.
• Technical lead on development of the TalkAlong Inventory Tracking System. This was an add-on custom module to Oracle Manufacturing Release 10.6. Designed the database, forms and reports, mentored two developers and helped with the development of the reports.
• MS Word, Visio, Oracle Applications, UNIX Shell, PL/SQL, Oracle Discoverer. From 1996 to 1997 (1 year) Bellevue, WAConsultant @ This Petroleum products company sells gas wholesale and retail all over the country. They had newly bought over all the BP gas stations in the northwest and Exxon gas stations in Arizona. In a short period of time, they had to get off BP and Exxon systems and have their own billing systems in place. The system involved getting data from all their terminals that sold their gas and invoicing the customers after taking care of taxes and discounts.
• Provided Production support for daily invoicing, credit card payments and EFT transactions to customers. I was responsible in streamlining most of these processes after implementation leading to huge cost savings.
• SQL*Loader, PL/SQL. From 1995 to 1995 (less than a year) Seattle, WAConsultant @ This Utility company provides Lighting to customers in Seattle area.
• Designed a new Streetlight Inventory Management System for Seattle City Light. Studied the existing system (which was in FOX PRO), analyzed the needs of the users and problems with the existing system. Created the logical and physical model diagrams using VISIO. Also helped in developing the system and converting data.
• MS Word, Visio, Oracle Forms and Reports, SQL*Loader, PL/SQL. From 1995 to 1995 (less than a year) Seattle, WAConsultant @ As a leading manufacturer of PCs, Micron was implementing Oracle Financials and Manufacturing to support its increasing market and demand for its PCs.
• Designed and developed customizations of Oracle Work In Process module to meet the business needs. Created new screens, reports and database objects to handle the customization of the Work in Process module.
• Oracle Work in Process, Inventory, Oracle Forms and Reports, PL/SQL. From 1994 to 1994 (less than a year) Nampa, IDConsultant @ McCaw cellular was implementing Oracle Financials in place of their legacy software for Financials .
• Designed and developed the Risk Management module as an add-on to Oracle Fixed Assets module.
• Tuned and improved performance of several Oracle Assets reports.
• Oracle Payables, Purchasing, Inventory, Assets, SQL*Loader, PL/SQL. From 1994 to 1994 (less than a year) Kirkland, WAConsultant @ Implemented complete suite of Oracle Applications.
• Designed and developed data conversion for Vendors, Invoices, Purchase Orders, locations from MSA (legacy) into Oracle Applications.
• DBA activities like object creation, account management.
• Customized General Ledger posting process. Modified Sales and Use Tax processing in Oracle Payables. Converted BOM components and FA Mass Additions from Purchase Orders. Created Business Objects reports.
• Oracle Payables, Purchasing, Inventory, General Ledger, MRP, Oracle Forms and Reports, PL/SQL, Pro*C. From 1993 to 1994 (1 year) Bellevue, WAConsultant @ Implemented JIT’s manufacturing system.
• Converted Item Master/Bill of Material and Purchasing systems from Burroughs Mainframe based system to JIT’s Manufacturing System.
• Designed and implemented an interface between JIT’s Menu system and Oracle’s Concurrent Manager to handle reports and batch processes related to the Manufacturing System.
• JIT Manufacturing, Oracle Payables, Purchasing, Inventory, PL/SQL, Pro*C. From 1991 to 1992 (1 year) Lacrosse, WASoftware Engineer @ CMC is a leading software company in India involved in Research and Development as well as many projects having significant social impact in the country.
• Worked on getting the first email communication between India and the rest of the world.
• Designed and implemented a Data Acquisition and Remote Control system for an electrified traction segment of Indian Railways. The data at substations were captured using Remote Terminal Units (RTUs) and then transmitted to the main system at the control center.
• Designed an X.400 based protocol for communication between any two electricity utilities, a project funded by the Dept. of Science and Technology under the Govt. of India. Also developed a prototype of this protocol based on OSI’s 7 layered model on two PCs connected by an X.25 link. From 1988 to 1991 (3 years)
MCA, Computer Science @ University of Hyderabad From 1985 to 1988 B.Sc, Mathematics @ University of Madras From 1982 to 1985 Rathi Thekkemadathil is skilled in: Data Warehousing, ETL, Business Intelligence, Databases, Software Project..., Systems Analysis, SDLC, Business Analysis, Data Modeling, Enterprise Architecture, PL/SQL, Agile Methodologies, Informatica, Oracle, Unix, Visio, Integration, Solution Architecture, SOA, Microsoft SQL Server, Requirements Analysis, Business Process, SSRS, Testing, Web Services
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension