Executive Education @
Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Sloan School of Management
Vision-driven, entrepreneurial technology expert and accomplished executive leader with a wealth of expertise in leading world class Data and Analytics oriented initiatives. Today, recognized as one of the leaders for strategy and adoption of Big Data Technologies. Demonstrated ability to learn and teach new concepts, adapt to change and manage multiple concurrent tasks. An innovative, entrepreneurial professional
Vision-driven, entrepreneurial technology expert and accomplished executive leader with a wealth of expertise in leading world class Data and Analytics oriented initiatives. Today, recognized as one of the leaders for strategy and adoption of Big Data Technologies. Demonstrated ability to learn and teach new concepts, adapt to change and manage multiple concurrent tasks. An innovative, entrepreneurial professional with excellent organizational and communication skills, and a track record of success. Effective in creating Big Data Strategy and Data Platform at NAVTEQ (Nokia) and Kaiser Permanente.
KAISER PERMANENTE, 2012 – Present
• Leading the strategy and architecture to build a Single Data Platform using Big Data Technologies with focus on Data Management and Analytics.
• Demonstrated ability to engage in high bandwidth conversations with the executives on both the business and technology side to define the Big Data Platform roadmap at KP.
• Awarded "Exemplary Performance" – Big Data Strategy at KP.
• Awarded "Big Data Innovation" – Identification of Technology with Broad Application.
NAVTEQ, INC. 2003 – 2012
• Championed the use of Apache Hadoop, Cassandra, and NoSQL solutions for data storage and processing at Petabyte scale across eight verticals.
• Conducted architectural analysis and thought leadership for a new growth opportunity in location content; authored and presented proposal to the Board of Directors which resulted in approval of a $50 million investment.
• Recognized as the “Father of Location Reference Objects”.
Chief Architect, Big Data Strategy @ • Surpassed all expectations in delivery of 5 use cases in partnership with business units to prove out the vertical applicability of the new horizontal Data Platform.
• Leading a team to design and build out a template based Data Ingest Solution with "Metadata-First" and "Governance-First" approach.
• Created a phased, systematic adoption approach for the Big Data Platform with demonstrable business value.
• Enabled the rapid introduction of cutting-edge, high-performance technologies through agile collaboration with business and fostering a culture that encourages innovation. From April 2012 to Present (3 years 9 months) Director, Strategic Architecture @ • Shepherded the data analytics initiative to bring visibility to sourcing, ingestion, usage and processing of data through numerous product verticals.
• Set the technical direction, solution definition and architecture definition for a service-oriented, event-driven, loosely coupled, highly scalable system for location content management system to handle batch and real-time content processing and content distribution requirements.
• Revitalized the POI System Generation III project; drove the turn-around for a dysfunctional project by leading a team of 50 engineers. Worked closely with stakeholders to develop comprehensive understanding of business objectives. Aligned requirements, refined architecture and design through agile prototyping, kept management abreast of the progress, resulting in an increased performance in ingesting and processing of Points of Interest (POI) from 1K to 14M within five months.
• Surpassed expectations of rapid content inclusion initiative to benchmark Informatica Data Quality and ETL tools as part of a global cost shrinking strategy. From October 2003 to March 2012 (8 years 6 months) Greater Chicago AreaFounder and Principal @ • Spearheaded the architecture and development of the change summary infrastructure (CSI) system to publish quarterly changes to map and point of interest (POI) data at attribute level.
• Enhanced internal data alignment and data change mining capabilities, offloading the mainframe reporting and analytics engine for “what changed since and why” queries.
• Orchestrated the incremental update product vision in conjunction with the product management team by delineating and architecting key findings from data gathered from customers. From August 2002 to September 2003 (1 year 2 months) San Francisco Bay AreaCofounder & CTO @ • Collaborated with CEO to raise $9.1 million first round and $19.8 million second round venture capital.
• Created and presented technology roadmap and product strategy to investment community.
• Identified, recruited, hired, trained and mentored a world-class team of engineering professionals, growing team from one to 40 with no resignations during tenure.
• Constructed multiple levels of abstraction among various components; data conversion module, search engines, server, infrastructure components and customizable delivery formats for numerous devices. From October 1996 to July 2002 (5 years 10 months) Lead Architect GAT Group @ • Member of the team that defined the Secure Electronic Transaction protocol and chip card programming interface.
• Led the architecture of the Next Generation Visa Access Point Configuration System to remove performance bottlenecks and to provide remote configuration management and update capabilities. From April 1995 to October 1996 (1 year 7 months) Sr. Systems Consultant/Team Lead @ • Led a team on a strategic communication project for SEI/Enroute to develop an interface between the end-user and the IDS server.
• Developed the first off-board route calculation and strip-map delivery system.
• Strategic consultant during the critical stages of Alpine’s first in-vehicle navigation product design and launch. Traveled to Japan to coordinate the system design and training.
• Member of the product development team at AAA for two for their major route guidance and travel content management systems. From August 1991 to March 1995 (3 years 8 months) Greater Los Angeles Area
MS, Computer Science and Engineering @ Oakland University From 1988 to 1990 BE, Mechanical Engineering @ Punjab Engineering College From 1982 to 1986 Rajiv Synghal is skilled in: C++, Enterprise Architecture, HBase, J2EE, Scalability, Java Enterprise Edition, Agile Methodologies, Software Design, Architecture, Web Services, Unix, Software Development, Cloud Computing, Software Engineering, Product Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension