Bachelors, Business Administration @
Northeastern State University
Detail-focused, highly ethical accounting professional with an MBA and work experience demonstrating consistent achievement of organizational and fiscal objectives and goals. Able to pinpoint discrepancies and errors to prevent continuing and potentially unnecessary cost expenditures. Willing to accept responsibilities beyond immediate job duties and take on special projects and management request. Proficient in Excel, Access, other MS
Detail-focused, highly ethical accounting professional with an MBA and work experience demonstrating consistent achievement of organizational and fiscal objectives and goals. Able to pinpoint discrepancies and errors to prevent continuing and potentially unnecessary cost expenditures. Willing to accept responsibilities beyond immediate job duties and take on special projects and management request. Proficient in Excel, Access, other MS programs, JD Edwards and proprietary software.
Specialties:CMA Candidate, CPA Candidate, Financial Statements Analysis, Financial Contract Analysis, General Ledger Accounting, Bank Reconciliations, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Software Conversions, Payroll, Month End Close, Variance Adjustments, Inventory, Budgeting
Accounting Manager @ • Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
• Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
• Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions.
• Direct month-end close, quarterly reporting, and year-end close process, including audit interface
• Support Senior Management with due diligence responses as the company entertains investment offers.
• Collaborates with the other Business department managers to support overall department goals and objectives. From October 2012 to Present (3 years 1 month) Claremore, okOwner @ • Individual and Home based business tax returns.
• Bookkeeping and financial statement preperation for small business. From December 1995 to Present (19 years 11 months) Consultant @ From November 2012 to August 2014 (1 year 10 months) Financial Analyst @ From 2011 to 2012 (1 year) Tulsa, OKFinancial Analyst (Contract) @ From November 2011 to November 2011 (1 month) Hillcrest Hospital South, Tulsa, OKController @ From November 2008 to February 2011 (2 years 4 months) Accounting Manager @ From 2011 to 2011 (less than a year) Tulsa, Oklahoma AreaSenior Accountant @ From January 2007 to October 2008 (1 year 10 months) Senior Accountant @ From November 2006 to January 2007 (3 months) Assistant Controller @ From April 2005 to September 2006 (1 year 6 months) Senior Accountant @ From October 2003 to August 2004 (11 months) Account Receivable/Credit Manager @ From September 2002 to August 2003 (1 year) Accounts Payable Manager @ From April 2002 to September 2002 (6 months) Staff Accountant @ From April 2001 to October 2001 (7 months) Store Cash Accounting Analyst @ From November 1997 to March 2001 (3 years 5 months)
Masters, Business Administration @ Columbia College From 2008 to 2010 Bachelors, Business Administration @ Northeastern State University From 1998 to 2000 Associates of Arts, Business Administration @ Rogers State University From 1995 to 1998 Diploma, General Education @ Claremore High School From 1993 to 1995 Rachel Spencer, MBA is skilled in: Month End Close, Financial Reporting, Budgeting, Accounting, Account Reconciliation, Journal Entries, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Internal Controls, QuickBooks, Accruals, Financial Analysis, Invoicing, Fixed Assets, Financial Accounting, Microsoft Excel, Variance Analysis, Auditing, Budgets, Bookkeeping, Bank Reconciliation, Finance, ADP Payroll, Internal Audit, Analysis, Human Resources, Process Improvement, Sales Tax
Looking for a different
Rachel Spencer, MBA?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension