Research Intern, Emerging Architecture and Systems Design Group @
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) @
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
I am a graduate student in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Georgia Tech, majoring in Computer Systems and Software. I am interested in all aspects of Systems Software, specializing in Computer Architecture and Operating Systems. Lately, I have been very much interested in Distributed systems, decentralized applications and virtualization. I wish to delve deeper
I am a graduate student in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Georgia Tech, majoring in Computer Systems and Software. I am interested in all aspects of Systems Software, specializing in Computer Architecture and Operating Systems. Lately, I have been very much interested in Distributed systems, decentralized applications and virtualization. I wish to delve deeper into them.
Specifically, I am always looking for opportunities to learn more about technological as well as financial aspects involved in Blockchain and Bitcoin, and how they can promote the culture of decentralized applications, which may affect the course of future !
Graduate Student, Electrical and Computer Engineering @ From August 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Greater Atlanta AreaMTS Intern - Distributed Resource Management @ - Worked as a software development intern in the Distributed Resource Management Team at VMware, Palo Alto, CA
- Worked on the compatibility checks between Virtual Machines and Hosts in a cluster. Helped identify pain points in the compat-check infrastructure.
- Created a prototype for compat-check in Homogeneous clusters. From June 2015 to August 2015 (3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaResearch Intern, Emerging Architecture and Systems Design Group @ • Implemented correlation analysis based side channel attack on smart cards (using SOSSSE) by correlating power consumption, architecture and smart card OS with program behavior to break AES (Advanced Encryption Standard)
• Designed and wrote a better Hamming Weight attack model depending on the architecture and operating system (SOSSE) of smart card
• Used Virtual Instrument Software Architecture (VISA) I/O API to automate the experimental setup for remotely connecting the oscilloscope with PC to collect and analyze waveform data From June 2013 to November 2013 (6 months) New Delhi Area, IndiaStudent @ From July 2012 to March 2013 (9 months) New Delhi Area, IndiaSummer Research Intern @ • Wrote software in embedded C for the prototype of an embedded kit that fetches data from Internet and acts as a signal generator or programs other attached peripherals like another Arduino, home appliances, etc.
• This first prototype was used to build ‘Bit By Bit’, a recently launched pedagogy product by mLabs From May 2012 to July 2012 (3 months) New Delhi Area, IndiaSummer Trainee @ - Worked upon AVR Microcontrollers, SWARM robotics ,embedded programming in C, different types of peripherals such as Infrared, Passive Infrared and Temperature sensors, 3 axis accelerometer, Wireless Communication devices (CC2500)
- A mini-project on “Smart Alarm Clock”, an alarm clock that senses the motion and runs away from the user when tried to put off From June 2011 to July 2011 (2 months) New Delhi Area, India
Master of Science (M.S.), Electrical and Computer Engineering, GPA 4.0/4.0 @ Georgia Institute of Technology From 2014 to 2016 Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.), Electronics and Communications Engineering, 74.6% (WES iGPA 3.93/4) @ Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology From 2010 to 2014 Pranshu Jain is skilled in: C, C++, VHDL, Embedded C, Embedded Systems, Microcontrollers, Electronics, Atmel AVR, Side Channel Attacks, SOSSE, Cryptography, Arduino, Matlab, Hardware Security, EagleCAD, PCB Design, Distributed Systems, Computer Architecture, Operating Systems, Virtualization, Algorithms, Data Structures, Linux
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension