Business Analyst @ Available for new opportunities
Business Analyst (Contract) @ Home Retail Group PLC
Benilde High, Bankstown, Sydney
An adaptable IT professional graduate with a broad experience of roles, responsibilities, systems, technologies and industries. Able to motivate staff and deliver high profile projects either leading or participating in teams of internal and external resources. A great communicator from board level to the shop floor, internal and external, well liked and respected, but a hard negotiator.
An adaptable IT professional graduate with a broad experience of roles, responsibilities, systems, technologies and industries. Able to motivate staff and deliver high profile projects either leading or participating in teams of internal and external resources. A great communicator from board level to the shop floor, internal and external, well liked and respected, but a hard negotiator. Interested in delivering cost effective business focussed solutions. Possessing an analytical mind, able to rapidly understand and describe with simplicity complex systems, processes or problems at both a detailed and high level.
Specialties: Multi site support, WANs, LANs, POS, Retail, Distribution, Manufacturing, Business Analysis, Project Management
Business Analyst @ Engaged as Business Analyst on Supply Chain and Service Systems From November 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Business Analyst @ After completion of my last contract I am now immediately available. From September 2014 to November 2014 (3 months) Business Analyst (Contract) @ I worked on 2 Homebase kitchen fulfilment projects. As part of these projects the following was undertaken:
• Perfomed stakeholder analysis and management.
• Run requirements workshops.
• Produced requirements documentation
• Produced AsIs and ToBe business process flow documentation.
• Produced detailed Use Cases.
• Assisted Testers in producing test plans.
• Worked closely with Solutions Architects and technical leads to produce solutions options and validated these satisfied the business requirements.
• Produced Home Retail Group proprietary business analysis documentation which included other models.
The projects were working with SAP, Icom, Every Angle and DHL’s Homesmart, Red Prairie and Paragon.
In addition to the project work I assisted with improving the Homebase Business Analysis practice, specifically creating a new business process flow template and stencil within Visio and rolled this out to BA colleagues. From June 2014 to September 2014 (4 months) Milton Keynes, United KingdomBusiness Analyst (contract) @ Business Analysis for North Highland's clients.
Contract is finishing in September and so available soon for my next opportunity. From June 2014 to September 2014 (4 months) Milton Keynes, United KingdomSenior Business Analyst @ My role was to:
- Define project scope.
- Keeping abreast of relevant industry innovation.
- Work with stakeholders to generate requirements.
- Produce design documentation
- Define solutions.
- Working within the ASDA Systems development life cycle.
- Working closely with the remainder of the project team to deliver project phases/projects.
Chiefly working with the Logistics Business area I have worked on the following projects:-
- Warehouse management system integration for an imports Distribution Centre.
- Generation of an operational data warehouse for Business Intelligence.
- Setup of a third party solution for the management of delivery of online sales to customer locations by Asda. The solution included automated customer contact & delivery tracking.
- Advanced Shipping Notices (ASN) EDI integration into the Walmart Global Warehouse Management system.
- Enhancement to customer tracking system for web placed orders for instore collection.
- WMS enhancements:- Imports centre order filling, Multi store order fulfilment, Automated DC enhancements.
In addition have been involved heavily in the ISD Department Transformation programme:
-During a secondment, generating requirements for implementation of the CA Clarity, project, programme and portfolio management software.
-Being a member of the department wide "Changemakers" team which provides resource to transformational activities, the primary being to improve enagagment with Walmart ISD. From November 2011 to June 2014 (2 years 8 months) IT Manager @ Lead a team of 5 supporting all aspects of IT for a discount grocery chain of circa 200 stores and 2 multi temperature distribution centres.
- Managed an Annual budget if £1.5million
- Managed support, maintenance and management of external support contracts to an annual value of approximately 500K for server hardware, LANs, WANs, EPOS, Accounting, Payroll, Supply Chain, WMS, Access Control and IT service systems.
- Managed projects to upgrade Hardware, Networking, Infrastructure systems, application systems. From December 1995 to November 2011 (16 years) IT Coordinator @ Providing local IT resource to the Knitwear group and then Textile division of this manufacturer. From August 1992 to October 1995 (3 years 3 months) IT Project Leader @ Supporting business with implementation of Manufacturing Resource Planning system. From 1988 to 1992 (4 years) Programmer @ Programmer developing manufacturing systems and steel mill simulation software. From January 1986 to December 1988 (3 years) Watford, United KingdomAnalyst/Programmer @ During this time I worked as a programmer in COBOL on Honeywell and Digital systems within the legal, broadcasting and retail industries. From January 1985 to October 1986 (1 year 10 months) Sydney, Australia
BSc, Computer Science, Elect Eng., Physics, Maths @ University of Sydney From 1982 to 1984 Benilde High, Bankstown, Sydney From 1980 to 1981 Paul Mullens is skilled in: IT Operations, Leadership, Manufacturing, E-commerce, Security, Negotiation, Business Process Improvement, Integration, IT Strategy, Change Management, IT Management, ITIL, Requirements Analysis, SAP, Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension