Senior IT Platforms, Operations and Data Centre Manager, enthusiastic, focused and highly motivated ITIL certified and Prince2 Practitioner. Skilled in day-to-day management and strategic planning of large data centres and support. With a proven record building and leading strong technical teams delivering stable and highly available critical systems in large organisations. Managing Windows, UNIX, Storage, Service Desk
Senior IT Platforms, Operations and Data Centre Manager, enthusiastic, focused and highly motivated ITIL certified and Prince2 Practitioner. Skilled in day-to-day management and strategic planning of large data centres and support. With a proven record building and leading strong technical teams delivering stable and highly available critical systems in large organisations. Managing Windows, UNIX, Storage, Service Desk and IT Operations teams. Over 14 years’ experience within Information Technology across multiple industries, including 7 years in Financial Services and 7 years’ across Defence, Aviation and Managed Services.
Head of IT Technical Platforms @ From January 2015 to Present (11 months) IT Platforms & Operations Manager @ Reporting directly to the UK Head of IT Service Operations, leading 5 multi-site teams, Windows, UNIX, Storage, Service Desk and IT Operations. Supporting 1.5m customers, 800 users across 3 sites.
• Responsible for managing the provisioning, effective support, maintenance and availability of the bank’s core infrastructure.
• Responsible for leading and motivating Infrastructure teams delivering multiple projects within the current Programme of Transformation. Most recently, successfully leading the IT Infrastructure streams for the full bank migration of 1.5 million ING Direct Savings and Mortgage customers to Barclays’ core banking platforms within agreed project timelines, cost and quality measures.
• Experienced managing multiple vendors, holding service reviews and negotiating cost effectively to ensure competitive advantage.
• Effectively matured ITIL processes and implemented a new ITSM toolset. From June 2013 to January 2015 (1 year 8 months) Reading, United KingdomIT Service Desk Team Manager @ Responsible for leading a team of 12 engineers across two sites, responsible for desktop applications, SCCM builds and Group Policy, edge network and IP telephony configuration. Ensuring SLA’s and KPI’s were met and service reviews carried out with key departmental heads.
• Successful implementation of problem and major incident management and a known-error-database.
• Creation of a new service desk rota, role based model to increase availability during core hours whilst maintaining SLA’s and OLA’s, providing support across two sites over a 107.5 hour working week.
• Directed and led a service improvement plan within Service Delivery to improve Service Levels by implementing a new IVR system to divert calls to relevant support staff in order to improve time to answer and first time resolution with notable enhancements on SLA. From March 2013 to July 2013 (5 months) Reading, United KingdomIT Service Desk Team Leader @ From January 2011 to March 2013 (2 years 3 months) Reading, United KingdomSenior Technical Engineer @ Enterprise Management & Infrastructure Support From June 2002 to December 2010 (8 years 7 months) Bracknell, UK
Paul Jefford is skilled in: ITIL, IT Service Management, IT Strategy, Service Improvement, IT Management, Team Leadership, Incident Management, Service Desk Management, PRINCE2, Service Delivery, Active Directory, Stakeholder Management, Problem Management, Service Management, Cisco Technologies, ITIL Certified, Disaster Recovery, Solution Selling, Infrastructure, Management, Service Desk, Availability, IT Infrastructure...
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension