I have a passion for designing, developing, and deploying elegant and useful software applications. For me, nothing surpasses the satisfaction I feel watching people use something I built. In college I was a co-founder and co-leader of Grinnell AppDev, a student group dedicated to creating apps for the Grinnell College community. I am a strong self-teacher and
I have a passion for designing, developing, and deploying elegant and useful software applications. For me, nothing surpasses the satisfaction I feel watching people use something I built. In college I was a co-founder and co-leader of Grinnell AppDev, a student group dedicated to creating apps for the Grinnell College community. I am a strong self-teacher and an independent problem solver, with a drive for learning new skills and tools. I have experience building Android, iOS, and Web apps, and working within small focused teams of developers and designers.
Co-Founder & CEO @ - Manage startup based around Voyse, an encrypted, self-destructing voice messaging app.
- Engineer the application for Android, in collaboration with the concurrent iOS development. From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) Maintenance Engineer (Seasonal) @ - Worked to close down the Grant Village area in preparation for winter.
- Hands on experience with plumbing, electrical engineering, and other maintenance oriented tasks. From September 2015 to October 2015 (2 months) Student Data Scientist @ - Query and parse data using a variety of RESTful apis.
- Store and analyze data using Node.js backends with mongoDB databases.
- Create front-end web interfaces for data presentation and exploration, using Angularjs, jQuery, D3, and Bootstrap. From January 2015 to May 2015 (5 months) Co-Leader and Head of Android Development @ - Lead, motivate, and educate a multidisciplinary team of students dedicated to producing useful mobile applications for the Grinnell College community.
- Work closely with iOS team in all stages of development for each application.
- Expand group to 40 active members, manage a $150,000 3-year budget.
- Establish new developer training program and Android curriculum.
- Manage development and maintenance of 7 apps in production on the Google Play Store. From September 2013 to May 2015 (1 year 9 months) Joe Rosenfield Center Information Desk Attendant @ - Provide information about the college to confused students and curious visitors.
- Set up and troubleshoot A/V equipment for events and presentations From September 2012 to May 2015 (2 years 9 months) Mobile Developer @ - Engineer Android application to connect community health organizers with urban doctors in order to improve access to accurate, personalized medical information.
- Work with multidisciplinary team to learn how best to build and test the application with the goal of improving maternal health in rural Ghana.
- Optimize application to perform well in West Africa, where internet connectivity can be slow or non-existent. From June 2014 to August 2014 (3 months) Archery Instructor / Cabin Counselor @ - Taught archery at rustic overnight summer camp in Vermont.
- Developed productive solutions to problems such as homesickness and bullying.
- Unleashed creativity to invent fun activities and tell exciting bedtime stories. From June 2013 to August 2013 (3 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension