B.S., Mathematics @
University of Central Arkansas
Ten years of information technology experience in quality assurance, project management, data warehousing, and data integrity across multiple industries. A wide range of previous experience allows me to draw from various strategies and methodologies in order to complete the project at hand, within the deadlines, and without loss of quality. I have led and supported teams through
Ten years of information technology experience in quality assurance, project management, data warehousing, and data integrity across multiple industries. A wide range of previous experience allows me to draw from various strategies and methodologies in order to complete the project at hand, within the deadlines, and without loss of quality. I have led and supported teams through the entire project life cycle, from collecting business requirements to implementation. One of my many strengths resides in my ability to easily communicate complex, technical language to the customer in plain terms when necessary. This ability allows me to bridge the gap between business and technical divisions in order to get a complete understanding of all issues involved and then facilitate communication companywide.
SQA Engineer @ ● Define automation test strategy. Create guides for peer review, coding standards, and automation best practices.
● Drive adoption of testing best practices and standards. Work with cross functional team automation leads on improving automation processes. Recognized as test automation subject matter expert.
● Collect and analyze metrics from automation projects, report results to project stakeholders and leadership during weekly meeting, adjust internal goals to meet published goals by stated milestones.
● Manage Python training courses. Recommend third party training organization. Define curriculum. Organize training schedules. Provide training for 20+ students per quarter. From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Sr. SQA Analyst @ ● Led five teams of developer/quality assurance analyst pairs in automated test design and implementation. Used paired programming to bring developers and quality assurance analysts together to increase unit tests cases by 15% and functional test cases by 10% for Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security, and Norton 360.
● Developed a Python training course which introduced the language to quality assurance and development teams.
● Managed a team of six fellow software quality assurance analysts for over and under install testing. Worked with offshore counterpart to ensure coverage of over 600 test cases per project milestone.
● Organized quarterly team outings providing opportunities for team members to work together outside of the office on fun activities helping relieve stress and fostering camaraderie. From October 2009 to June 2014 (4 years 9 months) Data Collections Manager @ ● Initially hired to build quality assurance team. Quickly became known as a client oriented, technical leader, earning a promotion within eight months.
● Managed team of four CATI programmers. Introduced new quality measures and practices reducing issues with new interview requests by 15%.
● Completed proof of concept automated test framework using Watir for J2EE web portal From April 2008 to October 2009 (1 year 7 months) Technical Specialist: Quality Assurance/Support @ ● Established quality assurance policies, practices, and procedures that took into account the small team, three developers, and limited hardware resources, two Redhat Linux servers, one for production and one for test. Enabled an increased number of enhancements per release while reducing customer found issues by 35%.
● Handled second tier technical support issues and training relating to client’s marketing research web portal.
● Maintained web portal including, updating client metadata and organizational structure MySQL databases for the web portal. From October 2007 to April 2008 (7 months) Test Manager @ ● Mentored new testers in Acxiom’s business culture and testing methodology during the week long ATUnite training program.
● Led a quality assurance team of ten people, in multiple location across the United States and in Poland, on a Win32 data mart engine project.
● Provided quality assurance support for a web based proof of concept data mart engine. From 2004 to October 2007 (3 years) Test Lead @ ● Helped found Acxiom Corporation quality assurance organization providing training and support to new associates.
● Gained experience testing Unix, Linux, and Win32 applications. From 2000 to 2004 (4 years) Bill of Materials Analyst @ • Trained and managed twenty employees for database conversion project and various special project teams
• Implemented and managed plant materials validation program
• Implemented new methods and procedures to increase productivity for database conversion and configuration management teams From 1998 to 2000 (2 years)
RHIA (Pending), Registered Health Information Management, 3.9 @ University of Illinois at Chicago From 2011 to 2013 B.S., Mathematics @ University of Central Arkansas From 1993 to 1998 Orbra Wortham is skilled in: Git, Vagrant, Python, IronPython, DevOps, Jenkins, Continuous Integration, Chocolatey, Packer, Powershell, Scrum, Automated Software Testing, Test Automation, Agile Testing, Software Quality Assurance
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension