Chief Social Media Officer @ Olivier is the Social Media Strategists behind more than 100 LinkedIn groups and Twitter profiles, including Linked:HR, the largest professional group on LinkedIn worldwide (http://bit.ly/linked_hr), Linked:Energy with 229K members (http://bit.ly/Linked_Energy), Next Dimension Careers with 121K members (http://bit.ly/Linked_CM), and Linked:Seattle with 54K members (http://bit.ly/Linked_Sea).
Olivier is at the front line of tomorrow’s social media: Vertical business networks. He believes that today’s catchall networks like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook have shown their limits. Venture Capitalists, including LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman, have recently invested more than $750M in what they believe is the future of social media: social business networks catering to the needs of specific functions or industries, such as software development (GitHub), Information Technology (Spiceworks), education (Edmodo), or healthcare (Doximity). He is an Executive Consultant on Vertical Business Networks product marketing and technology developments. From June 2012 to Present (3 years 7 months) Greater Seattle AreaFounder @ Founder and social media strategist behind the success of Linked:HR, the largest online HR community and largest professional group on LinkedIn worldwide. From June 2007 to Present (8 years 7 months) Greater Seattle AreaVP, Social Media & CEO, AccelSocial @ - Heading Social Media corporate strategy
- In charge of creating and launching new Social Media services and technologies
- Heading the development of advanced web solutions using LinkedIn APIs From July 2010 to June 2012 (2 years) Greater Seattle AreaPrincipal @ ULP Networks was an independent consulting company, doing business under its clients' names:
- As acting VP Business Development for Themis Vision, the successful spin-off of a NASA Lab specialized in imaging (www.themisvision.com), developed the European sales & marketing strategy that led to several customers.
- As an independent consultant for APEC, the French Employment Agency for executives, developed a LinkedIn marketing campaign to promote ICF'08 (International Career Fair 2008). Campaign brought on board GE, Microsoft, and Dell.
- As acting VP Europe for Trigon Components & AV Link, open European office and organized meetings with 12 major European OEM accounts
- As acting VP Sales & Marketing for Tandis, a contactless smart card assembly lines manufacturer, developed Tandis brand and introduced company to 8 of the 10 largest industry players.
- As acting VP Business Development for Proxyconn, developed ISP and OEM Strategy; Responsible for 70 ISP agreements and 2 OEM agreements in a six-month time frame.
- As acting VP Sales & Marketing for FarStone, developed a successful marketing strategy to launch company's first backup recovery software and won company's first OEM: Intel.
- As business development consultant for Brecis Communications, a semiconductor startup later acquired by Cavium Networks, introduced the company to 12 major network device manufacturers. The Introduction to NETGEAR led to an OEM agreement. From March 2002 to July 2010 (8 years 5 months) Greater Seattle AreaDirector, OEM Sales @ **After Acquisition of BeadleNet by WatchGuard***
- Established an OEM sales strategy for embedded security software that led to several major OEM agreements including Accton, Conexant, Compaq, NEC, and SMC Networks.
- Established and implemented the marketing program which allows OEM customers to purchase upgrades, add-ons, and subscription-based services from their gateway.
- Developed a strategic marketing partnership with Conexant Networking Division From 2000 to 2001 (1 year) Orange County, California AreaVP, Sales & Marketing @ ***Acquired by WatchGuard***
- Instrumental in the $10M acquisition of 11-month-old BeadleNet by WatchGuard
- Established the marketing and channel sales strategy for BeadleNet, a start-up that launched the first fully-upgradeable consumer and SOHO firewall/router.
- Fully responsible for product positioning, marketing communications, public relations, product branding, and channel partner relationships.
- Created, developed, and implemented the first back-office system for a low-cost gateway, allowing automated upgrades, support, and add-ons sales.
- Established and managed a distribution network of resellers, VARS, integrators, retailers, and e-tailers, including Ingram, Fry’s, PC Mall, and PC Warehouse.
- Designed and launched with a very limited budget an award-winning website and a successful e-store. Produced the marketing materials and product packaging. Established an efficient and low-cost 24/7 help desk. From 1999 to 2000 (1 year) Orange County, California AreaVice President, Sales, Worldwide @ Responsible for Global Sales division, including planning & budgeting, product management, marketing campaigns, sales operations, and human resources.
- Managed 3 directors of sales and a team of field engineers and sales assistants
- US sales increased by 33% ($12M of new business). In last quarter, achieved sales of nearly $9M (193% over previous year), with growth margins multiplied by 2.
- Initiated and grew business in Japan to $500K in less than six months.
- Increased European sales from $1.5M in 1994 to more than $12M in 1998 despite a staff reduction from 12 to 4. Grew European revenue from less than 5% to 40% of CPI sales.
- Established OEM sales new strategy that led to ten OEM agreements, including Acer, Gateway, Hewlett Packard, Olivetti, Siemens, and Sony
- Initiated the design and launched the first “universal DAA” analog modem for the OEM market. From June 1994 to July 1999 (5 years 2 months) Orange County, California AreaSales Coordination Manager @ Coordinated software licensing programs across all Computer Associates divisions. From 1992 to 1993 (1 year) Paris Area, FranceOEM Sales Manager, Southern Europe @ Won for $20M worth of new business with companies such as BULL, D2 Electronique (now LaCie), Electronique Serge Dassault, or Investronica. From April 1990 to July 1992 (2 years 4 months) Paris Area, FranceOEM Sales Executive France @ *** Acquired Imprimis ***
Won for $10M worth of new business with companies such as BULL, Electronique Serge Dassault. Was the first major manufacturer sales executive to bet on D2 Electronique, a company which later acquired and merged with LaCie From 1989 to 1990 (1 year) Paris Area, FranceOEM Sales Executive, France @ OEM Sales executive for Imprimis, the Disk Drive division, and then subsidiary of Control Data, later acquired by Seagate (see my accomplishments at Seagate). Customers include French OEM Bull. From 1988 to 1989 (1 year) Paris Area, FranceProduct Manager, Industrial Imaging, France @ - Product Management: Development and launch of a new industrial imager
- OEM Sales: Matra, Honeywell, Tektronix From September 1985 to December 1988 (3 years 4 months) Paris Area, France
Master Business Adminisration (MBA), Strategic Marketing & Management of Information Systems, 3.87 @ Pacific Lutheran University - School of Business From 1983 to 1985 BBA, Marketing, International Business @ Ecole de Management de Normandie From 1980 to 1983 Associate Degree, Law @ Université de Rouen From 1980 to 1982 Baccalauréat, Scientific @ Stanislas From 1965 to 1978 Olivier Taupin is skilled in: Social Media, Social Networking, Brand Development, Strategic Partnerships, Business Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Product Management, Lead Generation, Business Development, LinkedIn, Start-ups, Management, CRM, Social Media Marketing