Passionate about working in Children's Television Development. Currently serving as Coordinator of Disney Junior Original Programming. Previously worked as Executive Assistant to Nancy Kanter, EVP Original Programming & GM Disney Junior Worldwide. Other past experience with Disney as a production assistant/coordinator for Disney Junior and Disney Channel On-Air-Promotions in LA. Awarded the honor of being a 2011
Passionate about working in Children's Television Development. Currently serving as Coordinator of Disney Junior Original Programming. Previously worked as Executive Assistant to Nancy Kanter, EVP Original Programming & GM Disney Junior Worldwide. Other past experience with Disney as a production assistant/coordinator for Disney Junior and Disney Channel On-Air-Promotions in LA. Awarded the honor of being a 2011 IRTS Summer Fellow, where I interned at NickJr and MTV News & Docs in NYC. Previous internship and production assistant experience at WGBH (PBS) and Powderhouse Productions in Boston. Professional goals include production and development positions within children's programming.
Specialties: Extremely organized
Strong communication skills
Experienced with Microsoft Office
Proficient with Photoshop and Avid/Final Cut Pro Editing
Coordinator - Disney Junior Original Programming @ From May 2015 to Present (6 months) Burbank, CAExecutive Assistant - Disney Junior Programming @ Executive Assistant to Nancy Kanter
EVP, Original Programming & General Manager, Disney Junior Worldwide
• Executive support to the EVP Original Programming & GM Disney Junior Worldwide
• Coordinate feedback and provide notes on series shorts between creative team and producers
• Produce and edit sizzles and footage for presentations both internal and external
• Manage show property requests and updates and provide coverage for pitch submissions From February 2013 to May 2015 (2 years 4 months) Burbank, CAProduction Assistant On-Air-Promotions @ Disney Channel - Disney Junior OAP
• Coordinated with producers, vendors, and executives on the development, production and completion of all on-air-promotions
• Managed paperwork, assets, databases, and assisted Disney Channel and International teams
• Provided production support throughout the launch of Disney Junior the Channel From September 2011 to February 2013 (1 year 6 months) Burbank, CA2011 Summer Fellow @ IRTS - International Radio and Television Society
(Helen Karas Memorial Fellow)
• 1 of 23 students selected from 1000 applicants in National Competition
• Networked with high level media executives and gained extensive industry knowledge through panels, lectures and group discussions
NickJr - Dora the Explorer
• Created and updated music cue sheets, character lists and storyboard edits
• Assisted with preparation for production meetings, debriefs and edits
• Handled timesheets, expense reports and office deliveries
MTV News & Docs
• Prepared and delivered production materials and documents
• Organized and filed tapes and production footage From June 2011 to August 2011 (3 months) Greater New York City AreaStudent @ Major: Communications (Mediated)
GPA: 3.83 - Magna Cum Laude
Honors Senior Thesis: Assessing the Distinctions between Educational and Commercial Children’s Television Websites: A Quantitative Content Analysis From 2007 to 2011 (4 years) Easton, MAProduction Intern @ Production Intern for NOVA mini series "Making Stuff"
• Transcribed documentary based series
• Researched content for segments From May 2010 to August 2010 (4 months) Greater Boston AreaProduction Intern/Production Assistant @ Production Intern for children's show "FETCH with Ruff Ruffman"
• Researched and assisted with preparation for production shoots
• Produced call sheets for cast and crew with shoot information
• Assisted with field shoots and in-studio production From May 2009 to August 2009 (4 months) Greater Boston AreaProduction Intern @ Production Intern for children's shows "Between the Lions" and "Arthur"
• Edited voice-over scripts, managed part’s lists and created rundowns
• Logged production footage and dubbed and labeled tapes
• Researched and compiled data for a focus group study From May 2008 to August 2008 (4 months) Greater Boston Area
Bachelor of Arts, Mediated Communications @ Stonehill College From 2007 to 2011 Nicole Velez (Jaques) is skilled in: Filemaker Pro, Final Cut Pro, Microsoft Office, Mac OS, Television Production, Video Production, Photoshop, Keynote, Outlook, Television, Documentaries, Facebook, Voice Over, Avid, Video Editing, Editing, Entertainment, Social Media, Video
Looking for a different
Nicole Velez (Jaques)?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension