Graphic Designer and Marketing Specialist @ Graphic Products Inc.
The University of Wolverhampton
Making change in business has been goal number one since graduating business school. My focus is to be a changing force in whatever position I am to be a more effective team. I am a "take the responsibility" type and want to take on the challenges to move forward both professionally and personally. My focus has been
Making change in business has been goal number one since graduating business school. My focus is to be a changing force in whatever position I am to be a more effective team. I am a "take the responsibility" type and want to take on the challenges to move forward both professionally and personally. My focus has been on digital since the beginning of business school and I have been doing everything to strengthen my skills in both online/digital marketing and print design. I specialize in online marketing and have been taking on other freelance opportunities to expand my portfolio outside the normal workday. My next step is to move into a digital marketing position and return to school for an MBA in Marketing.
My work is fun and exciting. I get to do something new everyday and be effective. I am a "swiss army knife" employee and can do just about anything I put my mind to. If I can't find a way, I will research and create a new method. I optimize my workload to make it easier on the business and create more time in my schedule. If there was one thing I would want to work on, it is developing marketing automation services and working in online marketing.
I have a few ideas and am currently thinking of an entrepreneurial venture.
-Skills: All Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Keyword Planner, Google Analytics, strong technology background, SEO tools and bidding, HTML, CSS, Goldmine Database software/CRM, Salesforce, background in web design and website development, integrated marketing, efficient marketing, and social media integration.
• AD2 member
• Certified professional in Direct Digital Media by the Direct Marketers Association (DMA)
Specialties: digital marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), web design, copy writing, email marketing, efficient/effective marketing solutions, integrated marketing, market research, branding development
Design Specialist, Client Services @ Working with Rhino 3D, Illustrator, and Photoshop, I make inventors idea come to life on paper. Working with existing inventors, I tackle tough design challenges to create something that only started as a rough sketch on a napkin or a thought in their head. I work with client's over the phone, handle concerns, and give updates on services. Clients have a variety of needs in regards to the services offered and my job includes handling all requests and doing whatever it is to keep in touch with clients.
• Developed, lead, and executed a department wide roll-out of new Adobe CC and InDesign based workflows to help facilitate faster art and writing development.
• Coverted old templates to new InDesign versions in accordance with creative and client services to aid in consistency of the finalized prints.
• Take on difficult design revisions based on client requests. I do the tough work for the clients with high expectations.
• Work with direct mail and other direct communication to inform clients of services and distribute timely information.
• Aide a nationwide sales force with information for gaining and maintaining current clients.
• Solve problems constantly: Can be anything from tracking down old files for new artwork to ensuring compliance with the client to handling client concerns.
• Work collaboratively across numerous departments on behalf of the client.
• Oversee the art and artists as they work with clients.
• Facilitate the continuing training and technical problems solving for all on staff artists.
• Manage client related art and track all incoming and outgoing projects. From December 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) Greater Pittsburgh AreaGraphic Designer and Marketing Specialist @ I design for a variety of companies and work with a wide range of materials and techniques. Using branding guides from companies or creating completely unique artwork, I represent the customer and work with them to create the best visibility. I work with large format printers, plotters, cutters, and screen printing. Using materials and techniques beyond the traditional, new and interesting things come out of my work in the shop.
I have recently taken on work as a Marketing Specialist here as well. I have been developing their E-commerce expansion while revising all their previous digital marketing efforts. I have begun setting strict priorities to drive sales online and rebrand their online presence with a new, up-to-date feel. My days consist of working in the shop as a Designer for half my day. The second half of my day can be anything dealing with digital and online marketing. I have been able to turn about 25 hours a week to develop that as a primary channel for engaging new customers while also offering a new resource for current customers. The E-Commerce shop is currently up and in the finishing stages of development. After that is finished, my attention will turn to the company's current website and expand all the exposure of their new digital channels with an extensive digital and direct marketing campaign.
I work with:
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Flexi 10
• Onyx Production House
• Mimaki Wide Format Printer and Plotter From April 2013 to December 2014 (1 year 9 months) Marketing Coordinator @ I create marketing materials, follow up on leads, research, and provide marketing services to aid the sales people and boost brand identity. I would do something new everyday and constantly creative. I do everything from websites to print media to information packages for customers. The marketing is full scale and my job is to keep it integrated and focused. I am a one man marketing machine.
In my time at Allegheny Educational Systems, I took the email marketing from a 13% open rate to a 16% open rate using better segmentation, focused subject lines, cleaner HTML based template, and in conjunction with an extensive database cleanup effort. I also reorganized the CRM system for segmenting while filling in necessary fields and improving data quality. There were a few design based elements I put together that became popular sales tools with the sales staff. I designed and put together a 20 page catalog that included a strong category of products in relation to promoting a new lab concept. It featured wide range of products from 8 different manufacturers and included information about about 30 products. In total, I was working on developing marketing materials across more than 25 product lines that expanded to over 100 products total. I developed a variation of some marketing materials for direct mail and cross channel campaign development. I created print ads, email campaigns, coordinated with manufacturer's marketing departments, worked trade shows/events, did on-site work with installations, monitored ongoing campaigns, created new materials, made demo products for prospective customers, customer service work, data entry, CRM maintenance, lead generation, lead tracking, and created branded materials from original copy or provided content pieces. I also vectorized the company logo for use in large format, made templates for a consistent email experience, create an image library of products, and created expandable templates for print materials. From April 2012 to March 2013 (1 year) Development Intern @ I really enjoyed my time working at Make A Wish Foundation. It was an inspiring and interesting time. It was about the connect with the purpose of the foundation that drives the work done here. I liked working with a non-profit. I developed skills with content and letter writing. I also did some basic design workout and layout work for direct mail and web based content.
- Organized auction items for Big Wish Gala event in the spring
- Wrote Wish Bios for Wish children
- Direct mail, fundraising
- Created materials for corporate donor "Thank You's" From November 2011 to December 2011 (2 months) Cleveland/Akron, Ohio Area
BBA, Marketing Management @ The University of Akron From 2007 to 2011 The University of Wolverhampton From 2010 to 2010 High School Diploma @ Peters Township High From 2003 to 2007 Nicholas Pustay is skilled in: Marketing, Digital Marketing, Market Research, Integrated Marketing, Marketing Communications, Creative Concept Development, Marketing Strategy, Microsoft Office, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Creative Problem Solving, Web Analytics, Web Design, Leadership, Strategy Development, Creative Marketing Solutions
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension