Professional Qualification - Post Graduate @
Thames Valley University
Human Resources practitioner in fashion and retail recently specialising in Talent Development and Resourcing. Results orientated individual used to working in multi-cultural, cross-functional teams to drive organisational change and development. A collaborative leader who takes time to build constructive relationships at all levels. Pro-active in taking charge to resolve problems and support others, taking time to explain
Human Resources practitioner in fashion and retail recently specialising in Talent Development and Resourcing. Results orientated individual used to working in multi-cultural, cross-functional teams to drive organisational change and development. A collaborative leader who takes time to build constructive relationships at all levels. Pro-active in taking charge to resolve problems and support others, taking time to explain complicated issues and topics. Noted for a calm approach to work. Adding energy and positivity to the environment and people around to support Employee Engagement. With proven delivery experience in Europe, AMEA and the Americas.
Also qualified in 360 feedback, Hogan and MBTI
HR Manager - Europe @ From April 2015 to Present (9 months) London, United KingdomTalent Resourcing & Development Manager, Europe @ • Lead the delivery and on-going support and career management of key IHG Leadership development programmes (Career Insight) to enhance and grow the capabilities of our internal talent to fill the talent gaps, and create a sustainable talent pipeline. Identify the gaps and the buy versus grow strategy for key roles. Share that data across regions to drive the spread of knowledge and skills across our emerging markets.
• Lead the strategy for the IHG Academy programme globally to develop young or disadvantaged talent into the organisation. Raise the profile of IHG as an employer of choice through connections with educational establishments and community based projects to teach, develop, and hire core talent.
• Creation and alignment of new and existing Leadership programmes in line with Business needs to remain relevant and consistent to driving the overall ambition to be Number 1. Maintaining relationships with external training providers e.g. Ashridge to access, and tailor programmes to develop the talent that will shape our business.
• Initiate and monitor 1-2-1 coaching programmes with external coaches for the development of our band 5 and above leaders.
• Established as the Europe lead to update the existing performance management measurements to fully engage the business, and deliver against the key metrics, as part of a Company wide project.
• In charge of maintaining the cost effectiveness of the department to ensure that it remains self-funding for the leadership programmes in line with the IHG ways of working.
• Drive the development of the IHG global Recommend a Friend programme. Engage with Employer Brand team to promote roles to the outside world via our existing internal talent.
• Support the resourcing activities of General Managers and Corporate Bands 4 and below across Europe.
• Drive succession planning for corporate and hotels, identifying development opportunities for our high potential talent. From November 2012 to April 2015 (2 years 6 months) Interim Resourcing Manager IMEA @ Seconded to the Dubai office.
• Drive the resourcing strategy for General Manager vacancies in the Asia, Middle East and Africa Region and corporate roles band 4 and below in the Dubai, Singapore, Bangkok, and Sydney offices.
• Lead the People Planning agenda for India and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, to develop and drive awareness of the brand through social media, careers fairs, and targeting efforts to working within the requirements of legislative nationalisation targets.
• Create and drive the recruitment strategy for emerging market, growing local talent to feed the development pipeline of 10 budget hotels across Indonesia over the next 3 years, and work with owners to reduce the need and cost for Expat recruitment.
• Supported the re-evaluation of existing colleagues to identify role fit during a restructure of the Sales and Marketing teams for the AMEA region. Oversee the progression of the People Plan for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and work alongside the Talent, learning and Development Team to identify potential internal talent and provide continued support to the Europe team in my absence from the region.
• Engaging with recruitment agencies to negotiate terms for bespoke and specialist recruitment needs.
• Management of the candidate and owner journey. Working with Owners and Business partners to fill vacancies in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Drive the promotion of move ready internal talent ahead of external recruitment to support the room to grow value of the business. From November 2013 to May 2014 (7 months) HR Manager London 2012 @ Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express were official hotel partner to the London 2012 Games.
• Managed a £3.07 million budget for the secondment Programme. £2.5 million punds of Value in Kind work force supporting various functions including Audit, Risk, HR, Reservations, Dignitaries and operations.
• Aligning policies of both London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) and IHG to fulfil the requirements of both parties and legislative requirements these included embargos on annual leave, accrual of lieu time, social media compliance and health and safety.
• Lead the recruitment process from site design, internal advertising, collateral, design of recruitment guides, engaging global business partners to support the screening of over 200 candidates. Design and execution of selection centres, co-ordination of second stage interviews with LOCOG.
• Oversaw relocation of approximately 70 people both globally and from within the UK, establishing a strong stakeholder relationship with Price Waterhouse Cooper to obtain work permits and entry clearance for 30 people.
• Establish strong relationships quickly with LOCOG, and our own internal teams including Legal, International Mobility, Compensation & Benefits, Finance, Procurement, Sales, Marketing, Risk and Internal Communication teams to deliver results
• Lead London 2012 partner relationships with HR, Finance, and Operational functions around the IHG secondment process.
• Support IHG London 2012 activation activities, including IHG nominated London 2012 Torch Bearers, Master classes providing employees and IHG Rewards loyalty customers the opportunity to participate in both Olympic and Paralympic sporting disciplines with athletes aspiring to secure their space on their national teams for the London 2012 Games
• Delivery of the London 2012 Hospitality programme, welcoming key stakeholders of IHG from investors to front line staff to experience the London 2012 Games. From February 2011 to November 2012 (1 year 10 months) HR & Development Manager @ • Provision of Generalist HR support to 8 properties within the region
• Manage long term absence to reduce cost to the business
• Support General Managers with employment relations issues, employee engagement, recruitment, training & development
• Project work, including employee engagement focus for UK&I Human Resources Team
• Completed Compensation and Benefit project to start the alignment of salaries across functions and to provide better structure to Merit Increase process across the UK&I managed estate
• Provide statistical data for London Employers Forum on turnover, bonus payments, and other uncommonly reported information in order to benchmark against local competitors on aspects not usually generated from the commonly used reports.
• Target European hotel schools for recruiting in London and South East Region to provide our feed into the entry level pipeline From September 2006 to February 2011 (4 years 6 months) Training & Development Manager - Interim @ • Develop with external Training consultant a bespoke training package to refocus customer service and team work, to be delivered personally to the hotel work force
• Manage training budget in line with personal development plans, legislative and priority needs
• Support Hotel Duty Management
• Cover absence of Director of Human Resources, and act as interim during recruitment process From May 2006 to September 2006 (5 months) Human Resources Manager @ • Generalist HR Provision
• Managed the merger process for the property on the sale of Whitbread Marriott properties back to Marriott International. Main representative for 3 properties to ensure the TUPE process was managed for all employees. Main liaison between hotels and head office.
• Part of the Marriott International Training Cadre, delivering core internal management training programmes across the UK and globally, including both externally tailored and internally created Leadership Development Programmes and starting to process of being a 7 Habits of Highly Effective people facilitator.
• Developing and delivery of bespoke training programmes within property
• Support internship and Graduate recruitment in Europe From December 1998 to May 2006 (7 years 6 months)
Master's Degree, Human Resource Management @ Thames Valley University From 2003 to 2004 Professional Qualification - Post Graduate, Personnel Management CIPD @ Thames Valley University From 1999 to 2001 Bachelor's degree, Hospitality Management & Tourism @ Thames Valley University From 1994 to 1998 Neil Russell is skilled in: Development & delivery of training, Talent Developer, Training, Management Development, Talent Management, Personnel Management, Employee Engagement, Succession Planning, HR Consulting, Employee Relations, Hospitality, Training Delivery, Hotel Management, Performance Management, Rooms Division
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension