Vice President of Strategic Growth and Franchise Development @ Chili's
Area Director @ Chili's
Vice President of Restaurant Services @ Chili's
Restaurant industry expert with more than 20 years of experience including multi unit operations and leadership in numerous capacities. Currently I am a Field Culinary Director. I work with Regional and Area Directors across the country representing over 500 corporate and franchise restaurants combined. I partner with them to reduce cost and improve the overall operations of
Restaurant industry expert with more than 20 years of experience including multi unit operations and leadership in numerous capacities. Currently I am a Field Culinary Director. I work with Regional and Area Directors across the country representing over 500 corporate and franchise restaurants combined. I partner with them to reduce cost and improve the overall operations of their restaurants.
I have relocated 3 times at company's request to help turn around struggling restaurants and markets. Talents include building and developing teams, motivating others to contribute to company initiatives, and exceeding set goals.
Proven leader who has been invited to contribute to high level company teams including: Diversity Task Force, Executive Leadership Development Program, Sales and People Leadership roles.
Specialties: Developing and Implementing Systems
Leading and Managing People
Strong Financial Acumen
Restaurant Opening Expertise
Strong Human Resource Abilities
Recruiting and Training
Sr. Director of Culinary Operations @ From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Field Culinary Director @ Responsible for directing, leading, developing, and consulting Regional and Area Directors in all aspects of the culinary side of the business including: financial results, operational standards, system implementation and execution, menu enhancements and menu deployments. Responsibilities span five Regional Directors and 18 Area Directors representing more than 500 restaurants across both Corporate and Franchise markets. Other responsibilities and highlights include:
- Partner with multiple departments including Marketing, Insights, Purchasing and Quality Assurance to ensure operators have the highest quality product at the best price while focusing on ease of execution.
- Set systems in place for menu development and execution resulting in smoother menu transition and improved team member and guest feedback/experience during new item rollouts.
- Strategy planning with Regional and Area Directors to address underperforming markets and restaurants. Plans implemented and followed up on to show improvement in metrics.
- Help reduce wages by working with Area Directors to identify restaurants underperforming and establish plans for improvement.
- Work with Area Directors to improve COS and execution in restaurants by focusing on established systems, establishing new systems, and by implementing plans for restaurants to follow.
- Conduct culinary training for Regional Directors, Area Directors, and General Managers. From September 2012 to Present (3 years 4 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaArea Director @ Responsible for the operations of eight corporate restaurants with over $20 million in annual revenue. In five years directed the openings of four restaurants in two different markets including Las Vegas and Reno. Relocated twice (Reno and Salt Lake City) at the request of the company to turn underperforming markets into profitable, high quality, performing markets. Other responsibilities and highlights include:
- Set financial plan, direction, and vision for markets.
- Oversee performance management program.
- Actively recruit, hire, and develop team of eight General Managers and 30 Managers.
- Ensure restaurant/area workforce is reflective of community.
- Daily restaurant visits to evaluate and drive operations, culinary excellence, talent, guest experience, and profitability.
- Ensure brand consistency from restaurant to restaurant.
- Supervise new restaurant opening processes including staffing, training, contracts and vendor relations.
- Create business development plans for low performing restaurants in underperforming areas.
- Manage area financial plan/budget; exceeded goals all five years in role.
- Facilitate change implementation at restaurant level during company’s fiscal year initiatives.
- Oversee culinary and service test restaurant operations.
- Partner with local charities such as MDA, Make-A-Wish, and St. Jude Children’s Hospital. From January 2007 to September 2012 (5 years 9 months) General Manager @ Responsible for the everyday operations and sales building of a three million dollar restaurant inspiring, motivating, and holding accountable a team of three managers and up to 70 team members. Built strong relationships with the community, vendors, and business partners while adhering to company standards and driving initiatives. Responsibilities and highlights include:
- General Manager of three different restaurants in tenure as a GM.
- Responsible for everyday operations of the restaurant including sales, P&L, HR, etc.
- Certified Corporate Training Restaurant – responsible for execution of corporate training program for over 30 managers in four years.
- CulinaryTraining Restaurant for multiple corporate menu rollouts.
- Communicated expectations clearly and partnered with team to achieve results.
- Analyzed reporting to enhance guests experience, drive operations, and improve profitability.
- Implemented systems to build a consistent, educated, successful management team.
- Owned financial results by communicating goals to management team, celebrating successes and problem solving as a team all without compromising quality and standards. From June 2001 to January 2007 (5 years 8 months) Las Vegas, Nevada Area
BBA, Hotel and Restaurant Management @ The University of New Mexico - Robert O. Anderson School of Management From 1993 to 1997 Nathan Baldwin is skilled in: Restaurants, New Restaurant Openings, Food Service, Restaurant Management, Catering, Menu Development, Customer Satisfaction, Team Building, Leadership, Hospitality, Event Management, Management, Multi-unit, Recruiting, Business Acumen
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension