Sr. User Interface Designer @ BSH Home Appliances Corporation - North America
Lead UX Designer @ DENSO TEN AMERICA Limited
Interaction Designer @ DENSO TEN AMERICA Limited
Bachelor's Degree @
I am a UX designer focused on understanding the people who will use what I design and the companies I am designing for. Throughout the UX process I work to ensure that the user and business goals are met. My experience in education, development, and research taught me the importance of understanding the people I am working
I am a UX designer focused on understanding the people who will use what I design and the companies I am designing for. Throughout the UX process I work to ensure that the user and business goals are met. My experience in education, development, and research taught me the importance of understanding the people I am working with and how to gather and apply that information. I use these skills to make the most of my user research and usability testing and create the best possible products as a UX designer.
Technical Skills: Research, Interviews, Usability Tests, Process Improvement, UX Strategy, Wireframing, Prototyping, Problem Solving
Software: Axure, Sketch 3, Photoshop, InVision, Marvel, Balsamiq, Google Apps, MS Office Suite, Survey Monkey, Instant.ly
You can find out more about me and view my work at www.nataliesacks.com.
UX Designer @ - Conducted user research, competitive and comparative analysis, and card sorting activities to determine the interests and pain points for users and construct the information architecture for the site.
- Created annotated wireframes and a clickable prototype in Balsamiq that expanded a single-landing page into an easily navigable, informative, and engaging multi-page site.
- Conducted usability tests throughout the design process and iterated based on user feedback.
- Collaborated with CTO to understand and design for possible API integrations. From August 2015 to August 2015 (1 month) Los Angeles, CAUser Experience Design Immersive Student @ 400+ hours of training in User Experience Design, Strategy, and Research. I developed a strong foundation in UX principles and practiced the UX process over the course of five projects.
- user and stakeholder research
- competitive comparative analysis
- layouts and responsive design
- user flows and storyboards
- site maps
- style guides
- iOS vs. Android design
- CSS/HTML basics
- usability heuristics and testing
- cross-functional teamwork and agile methodologies
- wireframing and prototyping From June 2015 to August 2015 (3 months) Santa Monica, CADevelopment Assistant @ - Designed user-friendly forms for volunteers and donors to ease the giving process.
-Personalized and improved webpage for online event ticketing and donations.
- Collaborated to determine reporting and communication needs and biased with Finance Department for reconciliation.
- Communicated with donors for collections on pledges, payment issues, and solicitation.
- Created clear, quantitative reports conveying donor, event, and gift information daily.
- Wrote compelling, personalized thank-you letters for each gift and pledge received.
- Managed volunteers by planning and teaching tasks, monitoring progress, and providing support.
- Manage execution of Grandparents Day including data collection, logistics, and cross-functional team collaboration. From April 2013 to June 2015 (2 years 3 months) Santa Monica, CAGoogle Ads Quality Rater @ - Evaluated web pages and advertisements to determine if search results would met users needs.
- Determined if sites listed in search results would provide a positive user experience.
- Deliberated with other raters to resolve disagreements and come to a consensus about ratings. From February 2013 to May 2013 (4 months) Field Interviewer @ - Recruited and interviewed research participants to understand motivations and habits.
- Built good rapport with businesses and participants to ensure data collection was allowed.
- Conducted complex observation-based research on driving behaviors and tobacco marketing.
- Located data collection sites, arranged travel in CA, FL, NE, OH, and MT, and kept data collection on-schedule. From March 2012 to April 2013 (1 year 2 months) Social Science Teacher @ - Designed engaging presentations, note-taking forms, and assessments to guide students attention, emphasize important points, and maintain students' interest.
- Presented complex concepts in a clear and engaging format tailored to different skill levels and language abilities.
- Taught English, Cultural Geography, and World History to more than 100 English language learners and advanced students in grades 9, 10, and 12.
- Collaborated in weekly department planning and preparation for Western Association of Schools and Colleges accreditation. From August 2011 to February 2012 (7 months) Richmond, CAConsultant/Intern @ - Conducted classroom observations, collected data, and contributed to a findings report for an elementary school principal.
- Assisted with interviews, observations, and data analyses to evaluate the national SACNAS conference.
- Compiled, reviewed, and summarized scholarly literature to support research proposals.
- Transcribed and analyzed interviews and other qualitative data used in evaluation reports. From March 2010 to February 2011 (1 year) Claremont, CA
User Experience Design Immersive @ General Assembly From 2015 to 2015 Bachelor's Degree, Public Policy Analysis - Psychology, Cum Laude @ Scripps College From 2007 to 2011 Psychology - Children in a Multicultural Context @ University of Copenhagen From 2009 to 2009 High School @ The Webb Schools From 2003 to 2007 Natalie Designer is skilled in: Research, Wireframes, Software Prototyping, Balsamiq, Writing, Axure RP, Sketch, Photoshop, InVision, Teamwork, Excel, Communication, Google Docs, Interviews, Teaching, Nonprofits, Microsoft Office, Raiser's Edge, Interviewing, Social Sciences, Social Media, Travel Planning, PowerPoint, Word, PowerSchool, Outlook, Marvel App
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension