Self-starting entrepreneur (featured on the next gen den dragon's den... check out the episode link below) with a passion for software, coupled with 16 months of industry experience. I specialize with backend solutions like servers and distributed systems. At IBM I have worked with Big Data problems on a regular basis and know about the complexities that
Self-starting entrepreneur (featured on the next gen den dragon's den... check out the episode link below) with a passion for software, coupled with 16 months of industry experience. I specialize with backend solutions like servers and distributed systems. At IBM I have worked with Big Data problems on a regular basis and know about the complexities that come with them(unfortunately this does not include hadoop...yet). I have built my own software company(featured on se01ep09 of the next gen den, dragon's den) and led it for 6 months and have worked in another startup for 6 months.
I am a full-stack developer and have worked with these technologies:
NodeJS / ExpressJS (advanced)
PhoneGap / Cordova / Ionic (advanced)
Ionic framework developer(1 year experience). I have been with these guys since the beta days ;)
Software Engineer @ From August 2015 to Present (3 months) Founder and Chief Architect @ I oversee all technical aspects of our business and make sure that the technical strategy conforms to our business strategy. This ranges from platform selection of technologies that we will/may use to develop the infrastructure of the product. We have currently deployed our app on to the Android and Apple and blackberry app stores.
Migrated our backend system from a single server solution to a fully distributed solution in order to improve scalability.
Used elasticsearch as the framework for our matching algorithm.
Implemented the base of the brand and marketing From August 2013 to August 2015 (2 years 1 month) Toronto, Canada AreaFull Stack Developer @ Built the CMS from on AngularJS and the api on python's flask framework.
Built a mobile app using the ionic framework for inventory management.
Worked on features end-to-end. So I would built angular templates and controller (along with styling) then build the corresponding flask endpoints and business logic. Plus build tables and do any database migrations if necessary From February 2015 to July 2015 (6 months) Brightlane, 545 King St. WTest Data Developer for Websphere Commerce (Big Data) @ • Managed all test data operations in North America and called on for emergencies in China
• Understood how the home grown data generation tool worked without any formal documentation so I could use it to build test data for the all the teams
• Generated big datasets for the performance team for multiple projects (Sears replication, Walmart benchmark, Proof of concept(POC) for Target, etc), Handled the process from data structure design, generation to accurate ETA so the team could have their environment ready by the same time the data is ready
• Invented new ways to optimize current data generation by figuring out all the bottlenecks in the data generation process, resulting in reduced time per dataset and giving the team data sets with rich data
• Developed tools to unblock the team from any database related issue and optimize the process
• Administered the internal defect website that queried the defect database which was used by upper level management to track defects in an easy to use web site. From May 2012 to August 2013 (1 year 4 months) 8200 Warden Av. MarkhamLab supervisor @ Monitored the lab and loaned out lab equipment to students. From September 2011 to May 2012 (9 months) ECE design centreCall Center Representative @ Worked as a call centre representative for the research and development department.
Conducted customer satisfaction surveys with current and previous customers of UNB. From May 2010 to August 2010 (4 months) Electra street
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension