Bachelor of Science, Computer Science/Computer Engineering @
University of Southern California
Mohan Singh Randhava is a Senior Engineer at Gliimpse. Prior to Gliimpse, he notably worked at eBay, where he played a role in building its first ever Big Data analytics platform that would be used for guiding the development of its already successful nascent iPhone application. At SlingMedia, as analytics engineer, he built a comprehensive analytics platform
Mohan Singh Randhava is a Senior Engineer at Gliimpse. Prior to Gliimpse, he notably worked at eBay, where he played a role in building its first ever Big Data analytics platform that would be used for guiding the development of its already successful nascent iPhone application. At SlingMedia, as analytics engineer, he built a comprehensive analytics platform that yielded business insights and allowed for real-time monitoring of the multitude of products, hardware and software, that comprised its ecosystem. As full-stack engineer, he worked on architecting and building the suite of products that made it possible to watch your TV anywhere on earth, live. This accomplishment paved the way for the game-changing SlingTV, which led the Wall Street Journal to remark that television is "finally escaping the clutches of cable." At Ecofactor, he revamped the entire API platform of this competitor to Nest, and built its first mobile iOS and Android applications.
Today at Gliimpse, he develops UI application code, designs and implements APIs for 3rd party consumption, builds a data flow pipeline and all core infrastructure to route health data, and builds secure, strong encryption services. As an engineer he is constantly seeking gaping, hidden, overlooked needs that remain unaddressed or unseen, which if addressed, lead to changed behaviors for the better. Gliimpse is the perfect such opportunity.
These are the significant blips on my radar currently:
• sensors, wireless connected, throughout the world,
• the internet of things,
• drones, mobile knowledge gatherers and dispersers operating in real-time,
• real-time systems,
• mobile payments,
• big data collection and meaningful analysis of such data,
• enhanced and pervasive search, finding needles in haystacks,
• 3-D printing/manufacturing,
• novel user interface design,
• augmented reality,
• new media, and new devices to consume new media (eBooks),
Principal Software Engineer @ Worked on the Applications team at EcoFactor on a tight-knit team of very talented engineers.
EcoFactor is in the 'Internet of Things' space and has built a platform for 'smart' thermostats, thermostats that regulate home temperatures to maximize customer efficiency as well as providing major utilities with the ability to establish real-time demand response to regulate grid load.
The 'smart'ness of the thermostats is made possible by algorithmic machine learning which crunches big data to discern patterns in user behavior as well as bigger regional patterns to seamlessly control each customer's thermostat.
The Applications team is responsible for building a platform to allow users to remotely interact with their thermostats, giving each user a broad range of means of controlling their climate at home in real-time and for the long-term, as well as providing real-time feedback on usage patterns and cost savings.
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Application team, my achievements have been as follows:
* Developed two HTML 5 mobile applications for both the iOS and Android platforms in under 6 months for major partners Comcast and NVE Energy
* Ported a bloated and poorly performing Java codebase to a leaner, more flexible, scalable, and robust Python codebase
* Built an automated build system for the mobile apps
* Critically refactored key portions of the front-end architecture
Technologies in play on the Applications team in the above endeavors:
* Python unit testing, 100% coverage
* RESTful web services
* Distributed systems
* Git and Jenkins
Developer best practices religiously upheld:
* Functional test cases for UI
* Agile environment, metered by 2 week sprints, more than tripled sprint velocity since joining From October 2013 to June 2014 (9 months) Redwood City, CASenior Staff Software Engineer @ WebTech R&D Engineering Team
I build systems that allow people to watch their TV anywhere on earth, on an ever expanding set of devices, and to control and manage their home TV/DVR systems while on-the-go.
I proudly wear many hats:
• Software Engineer,
• Applications Developer,
• Infrastructure Engineer,
• Systems Architect,
• API Designer,
• Analytics Engineer,
• Technological Evangelist.
My working domain is a complex distributed system. It spans the *entire* infrastructure from satellite subscribers' STBs and retail slingboxes in homes all over the globe, through disparate components in the "cloud," and ultimately to end-user player applications (mobile and web) on a multitude of devices.
I serve as a full stack engineer and software architect:
• Architect: I designed systems that have been built to address concerns of scalability, modularity, ease of deployment into the "cloud," and the need to support robust API services.
• Infrastructure: I threaded the various ecosystems and far-flung devices and apps of Sling Media with an analytics framework that is tracking real-time user and device operations. I built a Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solution to make sense of the volumes of data Sling generates daily for real-time diagnostics and to guide business decision making.
• Front-End: I worked on both web and mobile (iOS/iPad) Client-Side Application Development.
• Middle-Tier: I continually work on Server-Side Application Development. I designed and implemented RESTful API’s. I designed and deployed various Database Storage Systems: SQL and noSQL.
• Back-End: I played a key role in developing a novel, self-healing mesh-networked cluster that is the main conduit for traffic back and forth between clients and STBs.
Summary: I have helped to provide Sling Media/Echostar an infrastructure to build upon for the next decade. From October 2009 to September 2013 (4 years) Senior Software Engineer (Web Analytics Solutions) @ *** Designed and implemented a web analytics tool to track user activity on all eBay sites.
*** Implemented portions of a major upgrade to the eBay Seller Tools site (heavily used by its large reseller customers) architecture, upgrading the site from the older V3 to the newer V4 architecture (proprietary to eBay). From November 2008 to October 2009 (1 year) Senior Consultant @ *** Designed, developed, and implemented custom software solutions for various Fortune 500 clients in the greater San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley(Adobe Systems, Workday, PG&E, RHI). From February 2006 to September 2008 (2 years 8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaConsultant @ Software consultant and application developer. From January 2004 to February 2005 (1 year 2 months) Research Biochemist @ *** Worked as a research biochemist creating a feasibility study for mapping the active Botulinum toxin protein. From July 1997 to July 1998 (1 year 1 month)
Master of Science, Computer Science/Computer Engineering @ University of Southern California From 2002 to 2005 Bachelor of Science, Computer Science/Computer Engineering @ University of Southern California From 1999 to 2002 Bachelor of Arts, Biochemistry/Economics @ The University of Chicago From 1993 to 1997 Mohan Randhava is skilled in: Distributed Systems, REST, Scalability, System Architecture, SQL, Agile Methodologies, Hadoop, Mobile Applications, Linux, Databases, Java, SaaS, SOA, MongoDB, Analytics
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension