Vice President, New Business Group @ Sony Electronics
Director, Corporate Marketing @ Sony Electronics
An accomplished and multi-lingual marketing executive with a track record of high performance and success with leading global brands in the consumer products industry. Michiko is an exceptional, cross-functional leader who leverages strong team building and analytical skills in the architecture and execution of consumer oriented go-to-market plans and strategies. A proven leader with a Kellogg MBA,
An accomplished and multi-lingual marketing executive with a track record of high performance and success with leading global brands in the consumer products industry. Michiko is an exceptional, cross-functional leader who leverages strong team building and analytical skills in the architecture and execution of consumer oriented go-to-market plans and strategies. A proven leader with a Kellogg MBA, key highlights include:
• Brand and product marketing across multi-faceted channels including online, retail, CRM and traditional media
• Multi-million dollar marketing campaign planning and execution
• Go-to-market planning and execution
• Partnership marketing
• Profit and Loss (P&L) Management
• Marketing Effectiveness Measurement
Vice President, Marketing Strategy & Planning @ • Spearheaded marketing communication strategy and planning for overall consumer product categories, including TV, Audio, Personal Computing, Tablet, Mobile Phones and Digital Imaging.
• Managed $180M annual Advertising and Promotion budget in order to drive 10:1 ROI.
• Defined marketing strategies for multi-million-dollar campaigns through clear goal setting, target customer segmentation and positioning and budget management of the featured products.
• Successfully led cross-functional team to build strong go-to-market plans that included 360 degree marketing touch points such as media advertising, CRM, digital marketing, retail executions, Social media, and PR.
• Built and leveraged strategic marketing partnerships with sister companies such as Sony Mobile Company, Sony Pictures Entertainment and Sony Music Entertainment.
• Established a strong retail marketing partnership team and represented Sony for Target account as a marketing liaison
• Managed and developed team of 15 directors, managers and staff.
• Work Culture Programs – Created, initiated and led STEP (Sony Team of Enterprising Parents) working parent network group (200+ members). Proposed Back-Up Care Program to President and HR and successfully implemented in 2013. Established Take Your Kids to Work day annual events with 95%+ satisfaction by participants.
• Samurai Award – Inducted as a lifetime member as a company Samurai in 2011- Sony’s most prestigious individual award.
• Sony Global Leadership Program – Selected as a “key company talent” to participant in Sony’s first Global Leadership training program with UCLA Anderson Business School in 2013. Program culminated in individual and group projects that were presented to top management at Sony’s Tokyo headquarters. From August 2010 to Present (5 years 4 months) Greater San Diego AreaDirector, Corporate Marketing @ • Spearheaded marketing communication strategy and planning for Information Technology Products Division, Personal Audio products and Sony’s video and music service by managing $85M annual advertising and promotion budget
• Led 7 subordinates and a cross functional go-to-market team
• Played vital role on strategizing and implementing $60M integrated campaign in 2010, which resulted in $930M incremental sales.
• Successfully planned, implemented $5M test marketing campaign for Dash personal internet viewer, which resulted in 170% incremental sales.
• Ideated and executed VAIO Graphic Splash design contest by leading the cross functional team including Engineering, Design Center and Marketing
• Received a CMO Award for a successful launch of VAIO P series computer due to its innovative marketing ideas and flawless executions
• Co-Marketing campaign, Rocket Project, with Intel by leveraging upcoming social media resulted in 250M earned media impressions
• Innovation Committee Leader - Initiated the formation of Innovation Committee and implemented two Innovation events to promote innovation culture in Sony. The full-time position was proposed and approved after the success of two events.
• Sony Global Marketing Programs – Selected as a “key company talent” participant in two Global Marketing programs with Kellogg Graduate School of Management. From February 2008 to July 2010 (2 years 6 months) Greater San Diego AreaSr. Product Manager, PC Category @ • Managed product lifecycles and P&L responsibility for VAIO laptop product lines and accessories which account for over $490 million of annual revenue.
• Spearheaded a multi-functional team and developed marketing plans for new products including retail collateral, PR, website, merchandising, and CRM.
• Proposed and developed VAIO online community as a pilot for the whole company
• Led the cross functional team to strategize, and implemented an integrated marketing campaign with $22M budget for VAIO computer category in 2007
• Successfully led cross-functional teams to develop product launch plans for new products every quarter and managed $1.6 million marketing budget in 2005
• Hired and managed two subordinates From April 2006 to February 2008 (1 year 11 months) Greater San Diego AreaHuman Resources @ Including summer internship in The Coca-Cola Company headquarter in Atlanta in 1999. From April 1994 to June 2000 (6 years 3 months)
MBA, Marketing, OB @ Northwestern University - Kellogg School of Management From 1998 to 2000 BA, Music Education @ Yokohama National University From 1989 to 1994 Michiko Kelley is skilled in: Product Marketing, Marketing Management, Segmentation, Multi-channel Marketing, Consumer Electronics, Strategy, Product Launch, Competitive Analysis, Marketing, Strategic Planning, Strategic Partnerships, Product Management, B2B, Advertising, Marketing Strategy, Cross-functional Team..., Go-to-market Strategy, P&L Management, New Business Development, Market Research, Social Media Marketing, Marketing Communications, Product Planning, Integrated Marketing, Market Planning, Brand Management, Market Analysis, Mobile Devices, CRM, Digital Marketing, Management, Tablets, Mobile Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension