Along with 10 years experience in web and marketing leadership and delivery across corporate, small business and start ups, I also have a varied creative background across music and film. My Marketing & Technology Agency, Artlivemedia was founded after I left the corporate world 2 years ago. Artlivemedia is a service provider built by marketing managers, for
Along with 10 years experience in web and marketing leadership and delivery across corporate, small business and start ups, I also have a varied creative background across music and film. My Marketing & Technology Agency, Artlivemedia was founded after I left the corporate world 2 years ago. Artlivemedia is a service provider built by marketing managers, for marketing managers, with each service designed with client side challenges in mind. It's the agency I wish I had been able to work with when I worked at Telstra.
My career and personal highlights include increasing online revenue by 300% to $15m within a year for Telstra Business, producing feature film Taj with 400+ crew and 26 locations and getting a Top 20 track in the Aria club charts!
As a Board Director of Startup Victoria, Australia’s largest Tech Entrepreneur member group, I'm very proud to be part of a growing community of tech entrepreneurs who live and breath innovation and are always humble and open to learning new things which I think is such a critical part of both personal and professional stability and growth.
Integrity is the personal quality I really value - people who say they'll do things when they say they're going to do them, who turn up on time, who communicate their needs and expectations clearly. I try to ensure the people in my life: my colleagues, business partners, employees and suppliers, share those same values so that working with Artlivemedia is always a fantastic experience that delivers excellent results.
CEO @ Artlivemedia is a marketing and technology agency focused on driving positive economic, social and environmental outcomes by helping marketing leaders convert and engage more happy customers through:
- Creating custom, evidence driven strategies
- Delivering innovative marketing campaigns
- Developing user friendly web and mobile apps
- Focusing on ROI measurable results
Public Transport Victoria, OfficeMax, Wine Selectors, Momentum Energy, QBE, onthehouse.com.au, eReports, Greg Grant Saddlery, Yarris, Ovarian Cancer Australia and MediSecure.
When it comes to generating demand and acquisition, we’re specialists in earned, paid and owned online media. That means paid and organic search, social, email, automation and analytics across your entire digital sales funnel. Here's a few ways we're different:
1. We reverse engineer searcher behaviour to help you understand your search market audience and focus on the best mix of SEO and PPC for maximum results. No more digital marketing silos.
2. We use technology that enables us to predict exactly what level of improvement we could achieve.
3. We take a return driven approach. This means if you’re able to give us the average value and cost of a sale, we can provide an estimate, not just of results, but on return for your marketing spend.
4. Our world-class team have worked to deliver results for start ups through to Walmart, Apple, Toyota, eBay and Target US.
5. We have added capabilities and speciality in dealing with unique SEO and PPC challenges that need an innovative approach to solve.
6. We see every website, email, landing page or piece of advertising creative, copy or video content we create as a key part of conversion and we rigorously test and refine what works. You benefit from that experience.
7. We promise a gauranteed non-competitive service custom made for enterprise clients. This means, we will not work with any of your competition. From September 2012 to Present (3 years 4 months) Melbourne, AustraliaBoard Director @ As Board Director I play a key role in governing the organisation by establishing broad policies and objectives, selecting/appointing/supporting our CEO, approving annual budgets and accounting to our members and stakeholders.
As founding lead of the female founders committee I am responsible for systematically addressing the gender imbalance within the local tech startup ecosystem with the help of inspiring female and male leaders who appreciate the economic and cultural benefits of founding team diversity. From 2014 to Present (1 year) Speaker, Moderator and MC @ 2015
- Moderator: Entrepreneurism in Australia Panel, Future Assembly - with Alan Jones from BlueChilli, Matt Beeche from Startup Daily, Tim Watt the Federal Labour Member for Gellibrand MP and Phil Vafiadis from Innovyz.
- Speaker: Young Professionals Network, Bendigo
- Panel Member: GA Female Founders Panel moderated by Women's Agenda
- Moderator: The Digital Economy, Pause Festival
- Speaker: Ladies Lunch Guild, carsales.com.au
- MC: Official Stripe Launch, Australia - Founder of Seek Paul Bassat and Co-Founder of Stripe John Collison
- Moderator and Interviewer: Fireside chat with leading Silicon Valley VC Jonathan Teo
- MC and speaker: Music Edge Series From January 2012 to Present (4 years) Melbourne, AustraliaFounder @ Part of the Artlivemedia technology suite, Bambi is a centralised customer communications and channel preferences management platform built for enterprise marketing managers who want the benefits of technology startup growth hackers. It's marketing automation meets customer lifecycle mapping. Send one to one ad-hoc campaigns or trigger communications via email, mobile app notifications or SMS based on customer behaviour.
Functionmate is for venue managers who can now easily add and manage new functions, event organisers who can invite their guests, and guests who can easily choose and pay for meals beforehand. No more waiting for your meal, no more awkward split bills at the end of the night. From 2014 to Present (1 year) Melbourne, AustraliaOnline Adoption & Channel Manager @ RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead high performance team of marketing and online specialists
• Shape the strategic direction and delivery of benchmark quality online programs for commercial success in alignment with high level business unit strategy
• Measure, manage & optimise program deliveries to meet targets
• Be the key interface to business online for centralised marketing/product departments and sales/service channel
Achieved 131% of 11m target and 300% YoY growth
2. WEB CHAT
Reduced Average Wait Time from 6.5 mins in Q1 to 2.26 mins in Q4
3. LIVE CALENDAR
Quadrupled number of appointments being made online
4. BoH & BoH SLA’s
Provisioned 14 248 transactions (a 569% increase YoY) and Improved SLA from 24 days Q1&2 to 51 hours Q3 to 11 hours Q4
5. TOTAL TRAFFIC
4.6m site visits / 100k leads à 25% over target and 64% growth YoY (from 2.8m in 09/10)
Bounce rate Improved from 75% in 08/09 to 50% in 09/10 to 45% in 10/11
Open Rates: 31%, Clickthru 11% (higher than email industry benchmarks)
6. SALES OFFERS
Sales increased more than 950%, achieved 10% of total TB winback
Set strategy and business requirements for projects worth 2/3 of TB entire CAPEX spend
8. ONLINE REGISTRATION
Redesigned customer registration process in order to remove 75% of errors occurring
9. SELF SERVICE PORTAL
Launched all new Telstra Business My Account + three new self service forms
10. ONLINE SHOP
Delivering an entirely new business shop for mobiles & mobile broadband
11. MOBILE APP
Completed design and development for new app – opportunity of 2m SIOs
12. VOICE OF CUSTOMER
Online CSAT avg “Easy to Use” 8.4 out of 10 | Sales team CSAT 4.3 out of 5 From July 2010 to September 2012 (2 years 3 months) Executive Producer @ RESPONSIBILITIES
• World premiere at Dungog Film Festival (NSW, Australia – May 2011)
• International premiere and screenings at Busan and Boston Film Festivals (2011 and 2012)
• Full project management of the film from pre-production through to distribution
• 10 direct reports and 63 indirect reports (crew) plus 20 main/supporting cast and hundreds of extras shooting for 6 full weeks at 35 locations across Melbourne.
• Interviewing and hiring of staff, contractual arrangements with cast and crew
• Insurance/OHS/Accounting, scheduling and budget management
• Dealing with escalated HR and cashflow issues
• Strategic decision making affecting the vision
1. PRIVATE CAPITAL RAISING
Raised $250 000 in private funds
2. PUBLIC RELATIONS
11+ news articles across local and national press, 2 front covers and 1 ABC TV interview for News Hour
3. WEB MANAGEMENT
Created website (www.tajthemovie.com) live in March 09 now with unique visits of 20 000+
4. GRANT WRITING
Submitted for further funds of $350 000 to funding body Screen Australia. (documentation included finance and recoupment structure, sales projections, international distribution plan, marketing strategy, audience analysis) From January 2009 to January 2011 (2 years 1 month) Online Marketing Manager @ RESPONSIBILITIES
• Management of business online marketing strategy and segment engagement
• Management of the 0910 Online Marketing budget
• Monitor program level and campaign level effectiveness for review and optimization
• Alignment of online comms activities within overarching communications strategy
1. CONTENT REDESIGN
Bounce rate reduction: 75% to 45% (a 30% decrease –600k visitors p.a.)
2. PRODUCT LAUNCH SUPPORT
Strategic support for all ATL campaigns in 09/10: Mobile Plus Phase 2, All-4-Biz Phase 2, TMB Elite, Embedded Laptops, TBB re-pricing, TBS new vendors, iPad…etc
3. ONLINE PUBLICATION
Delivery of www.telstra.com/business/insights - 50% cost reduction in Acct Managed print/postage ($200 000 per annum)
4. MOBILE POST PURCHASE EXPERIENCE
Delivery of www.telstra.com/business/masteryourmobile
Detailed Online User Guide for Mobiles (an extension of NextG™ Business Advantage
5. TTL DELIVERY
Extension of major ATL campaigns through to online including “Ern and Cheryl” videos
6. IVR MESSAGING
The first to delivery IVR messages on to every queue driving customers online and contributing to the success of the online forms – 120% of target for EOFY
7. SOLUTION ADVISORS
Customer friendly, flash and complex solution advisor tools to support all products
- Yellowpages: First BU to deliver advertising all throughout yellowpages.com.au with integrated “Welcome to Business Class” messaging.
- Telstra.com: Agreement for regular banner advertising on T.com driving 4k in traffic per month From September 2009 to June 2010 (10 months) Campaign/Project Manager @ RESPONSIBILITIES
• End-to-end campaign and channel management of Business Insights – a SME focused publication with an Australia wide quarterly distribution of 100 000 and monthly email distribution of 20 000+
• Retention & cross sell campaigns across call centers, account executives, dealers and licensed shops
• Correspondence approver for all Telstra Business ATL and BTL copy
• Management of 2.5 million dollar marketing budget total across multiple suppliers and finance sources
• Reporting and documentation of PIR (post implementation reviews) for GTM (Go to market) review panel
• Agency, mail house and consolidated print outsource briefings
• Management of internal marketing intranet site (Site Manager)
1. SALES PROGRAMS
Delivered new support call program across 500 sales people for Telstra Business and Telstra Country Wide including the hosting of monthly briefing sessions live across the country.
Increased readership of Business Insights Magazine by 30% from 07-08
3. CROSS SELL CAMPAIGNS
Lift in revenue per contacts of $12 ($69 $81) from 08 to 09, achieving 1% revenue lift with 29% less contacts.
4. CROSS SELL OFFERS
Delivered targeted broadband direct mail campaign which generated a 27% strike rate from inbound calls plus $170 000 incremental and $500 000 worth of retained broadband revenue – plus industry recognition as a bronze medalist in the Australian Direct Marketing Awards.
297% lift over previous fin year for OTM recontracting campaigns From September 2007 to September 2009 (2 years 1 month) Marketing Manager @ RESPONSIBILITIES
• People management (5 marketing staff across Australia and New Zealand)
• Strategy and Planning (across 7 branches in two countries)
• Competitive Intelligence
• Events & PR
• CRM & Operations
• Email marketing
Increased product awareness by over 50% in some product lines despite competitor with sales of $12 billion pa.
2. EVENTS & PR
Managed $20 000 tradeshow budget for a $200 000+ return on activities/leads. Organised media relations in Sydney for sponsored World Record attempt of Eco Fuels vehicle
Overhauled company CRM. Decreased company non conformances by 25% in first 6 months.
4. EMAIL MARKETING
Implemented inhouse email marketing, decreasing outsourcing costs by $12 000 per annum From May 2005 to September 2007 (2 years 5 months) Marketing Consultant @ From January 2000 to December 2005 (6 years) Image Editor @ From May 2005 to August 2005 (4 months) Web Communications Manager @ From June 2003 to June 2004 (1 year 1 month)
N/A - Single Unit Only, Plant Biology, 95.6% with Distinction @ Tel Aviv University From 2013 to 2013 N/A single unit, Biotechnology, 92.3% with distiction, Distinction @ University of Maryland College Park From 2013 to 2013 4 Day Leadership Course @ LEADERSHIP From 2011 to 2011 My Mentor People Performance Program @ EMBERIN, Distance Education, Australia From 2009 to 2009 Value Based Selling, Value Based Pricing, Market Based Management @ Australian Institute of Management From 2008 to 2008 Senior First Aid – Level 2 @ RED CROSS, Bendigo, Australia From 2008 to 2008 Project Management, Project Management @ SEEK ONLINE LEARNING, Melbourne, Australia From 2007 to 2007 Business and Website Management Short Course, Customer Service Management Short Course, Process and @ SWAGELOK UNIVERSITY ONLINE, Cleveland, USA From 2007 to 2007 Bachelor of Communications, Marketing @ University of Notre Dame Australia From 2003 to 2005 Internet Marketing Certificate @ STORES ONLINE, Utah, USA From 2004 to 2004