Inclusion & Diversity Sourcing Strategy Leader @
Bachelor’s Degree, History/Education @
Diversity Recruitment Strategy Lead @ Proactively seek out the best, most qualified talent from across the demographic spectrum from the professional to executive level. Track and report on diversity staffing metrics, initiatives, and source effectiveness. Conduct analysis, assess results and identify areas of opportunity and change. This data supports the evaluation of the organizations source effectiveness, progress
Diversity Recruitment Strategy Lead @ Proactively seek out the best, most qualified talent from across the demographic spectrum from the professional to executive level. Track and report on diversity staffing metrics, initiatives, and source effectiveness. Conduct analysis, assess results and identify areas of opportunity and change. This data supports the evaluation of the organizations source effectiveness, progress and process improvements. Present recommended courses of action to Recruiting and the Business based on the findings.
• Managed effort to create value proposition for expanding Diversity Recruitment nationally.
• Collaborate with an all-star team of strategist and diversity champions.
• Develop on-going national custom targeted diversity recruiting event strategy for digital/innovation labs, technology, brand/marketing, audit, café retail expansion team, mortgage, auto, and bilingual Spanish opportunities.
• Build relationships with key senior level managers, Diversity and Inclusion, and Human Resource Consultants to align initiatives, resources, processes, and tools to ensure internal talent is identified for current and future roles.
• Serve as liaison and a partner with the Women’s Network, Women in Technology Organization, African-American Network, and Hispanic Network.
• Facilitate Internal Diversity Roundtables to implement and support business engagement and seek solutions related to recruitment process and initiatives.
• Provide industry foresight by recommending and implementing best practices and bringing innovative ideas to the organization. Educate recruiters and hiring managers on diversity trends, best practices, and issues.
Corporate Conference Sponsor of the following Diversity Digital/Technology Events:
Grace Hopper Conference
National Black Data Processing Professional Conference
Girls in Tech Conference
“Debugging the Gender Gap” Sponsor - Tribeca Film Festival
Tech Superwomen Pre-Conference Networking Event Host & Conference Sponsor From 2011 to Present (4 years) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaTalent Acquisition Management Consultant - Finance and Technology Recruiting @ Chicago, IL (Base Lewisville, TX)
Supporting Blue Lynx Media, Tribune Interactive, and Tribune Hiring Solutions
Responsible for full cycle recruiting of multiple Blue Lynx Media positions encompassing Accounting and Finance from the director level to support, IT roles to include Application Configuration Specialist, Business Intelligence/DataWarehouse, and SQL Financial Reporting roles.
Direct all aspects of recruitment for the Tribune Company’s launch of Tribune Hiring Solutions. Tribune Hiring Solutions is a full service staffing firm focusing on two of the most critical industries in today’s business environment: Healthcare and IT.
Responsible for full cycle recruiting of multiple Tribune Interactive roles encompassing Marketing, Product, Creative, and Advertising leadership and support roles. From 2011 to 2011 (less than a year) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaTalent Acquisition Management Consultant - Corporate and Executive Recruiting @ Bank of America Home Loans and Insurance
• Responsible for sourcing and recruiting for various roles including Change Leaders, PMO, and Analyst.
• Expert level of knowledge in all full lifecycle recruiting components including, but not limited to, sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, legal, job analysis, wage and salary trends, relationship management, and due diligence.
• Provided outstanding guidance to clients to shape their talent needs to best match the needs of Bank of America and the talent in the market. From 2009 to 2011 (2 years) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaSenior Recruiting Consultant - Diversity Recruiting @ Wachovia’s Recruiting Division, FirstPlace Staffing for contract and contract-to-hire positions across the footprint including direct placements
Goal focused ensuring that day-to-day activities are complete to ensure success. Sourcer and Recruiter wearing “two hats” on the team. Skilled in switching between the two job functions as dictated by business volume.
Responsible for full cycle recruiting across all lines of business to support FirstPlace Staffing.
Developed partnerships to create alternative sourcing pipelines that included: National Black MBA, Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting, Urban League, Women’s Employee Resource Network, Hispanic and Latino Employee Resource Network, Military Recruitment, and other Community Organizations.
Coordinate with management at several different levels to define requirements and conduct necessary strategic sourcing and recruiting activities.
Successful support of the merger activities for US Bank, AGE, World Savings, and Wells Fargo to include significant hiring needs and displaced employee support.
Led high volume projects in Mortgage, Annuities, Retail Sales, Anti-Money Laundering and Wachovia Securities Help Desk (now Wells Fargo Advisors).
83% - 86% Diversity
6.5% out of 7% New Hire Satisfaction score
4 out of 5 Performance Review = Excellent Performance
2 to 1 Submittal to Hire Ratio From 2005 to 2009 (4 years) Charlotte, North Carolina AreaRegional Support Officer @ STRAYER UNIVERSITY — Charlotte, NC
Helping adults continue their education to advance their careers since 1892. Programs that make it possible for adults to manage all of the different facets of life while achieving their educational goals
Supported New Campus openings within the Carolina and Florida Region.
Identified talent for New Campus Openings in the area of financial aid, recruitment, and retention.
Trained and Developed employees within the region.
Served as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in Admissions, Academics, and Administrative Support.
Facilitated information sessions, lunch meetings, delivery of marketing materials, and presentations to companies within the Region to create, maintain and enhance relationships and partnerships. From 2003 to 2005 (2 years) Charlotte, North Carolina Area
Master’s Degree, Entrepreneurship @ Southern Methodist University - Cox School of Business From 2011 to 2012 Bachelor’s Degree, History/Education @ Cabrini CollegeSpringfield High School Michele Rufus is skilled in: Pipeline Development, Diversity Recruitment, Talent Acquisition, Sourcing, Talent Management, PeopleSoft, Recruiting, Leadership, Temporary Placement, Onboarding, Human Resources, Internet Recruiting, Interviews, Hiring
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension