Diploma of Engineering (5 years, M.Sc. equivalent) @
University of Patras
I am a software engineer whose mission is to help companies solve their complex problems in the simplest way possible in various business areas. I care about clean, robust code and use agile techniques to deliver tested and high quality solutions. I enjoy staying on top of technology by participating in tech talks and writing about different
I am a software engineer whose mission is to help companies solve their complex problems in the simplest way possible in various business areas. I care about clean, robust code and use agile techniques to deliver tested and high quality solutions. I enjoy staying on top of technology by participating in tech talks and writing about different kind of open-source tools and practices. Recently, I led the back-end development of a highly efficient, distributed algorithm for taxi-sharing and public transport commuting in London.
Interested in Software Engineering, Big Data, Real-Time Streaming, Functional Programming, Agile Methodologies, Clean Code, Batch Processing, Randomized Algorithms, Data Visualization, High Performance Databases, Web Development and Mobile applications.
Senior Software Engineer @ To be completed soon. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) London, United KingdomFull Stack Engineer @ • Architected and developed the matching engine of the ride-sharing taxi application
• Designed and implemented the routing algorithm for the public transportation feature
• Algorithm development on Computational geometry, Combinatorics, TSP
• Leveraged the capabilities of real-time processing using Storm, Java, Scala
• Implemented a Cassandra cache which improved the system performance by 60x
• Cordova-based app development (JS, css, HTML) and usability improvements
• DevOps (AWS, Cassandra, Jenkins, Tomcat, Storm, networking) From January 2014 to July 2015 (1 year 7 months) London, United KingdomReal-time Analytics Engineer @ As the lead software engineer, I was responsible for the design and development of a real-time system that evaluates public relations and media coverage across multiple streams such as blogs, news and social media.
• Built the back-end system to gather, process and model web / social data into multiple storage layers.
• Visualized web content shared by users using D3.js visualization tool.
• Tackled big data issues using cutting-edge technologies such as Storm, Cassandra, ElasticSearch and Titan GraphDB.
• Involved in prototyping of new ideas and start-up business development. From October 2012 to November 2013 (1 year 2 months) Edinburgh, United KingdomWeb Developer @ My responsibilities laid in the area of Web Design and Development as well as participation in Mister Call Accounting project on Cisco IP Phones. Also, offered Email and chat support in Mail Customer service and owned the role of Domain and Hosting Administrator.
Demonstrated persistence and willingness in such a demanding work environment. Moreover, developed strong programming skills, diligence, consistency, teamwork and efficient time management abilities. From December 2010 to August 2011 (9 months) Digital Terminal Crypto-devices Operator @ • Transworld Radiotelex Operator
• Camp security From April 2010 to September 2010 (6 months) Software Developer @ Software development in Java language / XML ( Full-Time )
• Worked as a member of a team of 3 in a ticketing project that creates and modifies xml data in demand of greater projects. Improved my programming skills and teamwork ability. From June 2008 to August 2008 (3 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension