I am a senior talent strategist leader who thrives in a culture hungry for growth & global success. I am passionate about driving change through people (human behavior!) & disrupting “business as usual" to help power bottom-line results! I am motivated by opportunities to build & transform businesses - vision/culture/inspirations – by shaping the capabilities of its
I am a senior talent strategist leader who thrives in a culture hungry for growth & global success. I am passionate about driving change through people (human behavior!) & disrupting “business as usual" to help power bottom-line results! I am motivated by opportunities to build & transform businesses - vision/culture/inspirations – by shaping the capabilities of its human leaders and rising stars. Change is good and if the payoff for change is always a better result - why stop!
My 19+ year career in Management Consulting has required adaptability, agility, & curiosity. I have applied these traits across multiple industries & functions in an organization that has grown from 75,000 to > 320,000. My expertise is on the human aspect of business – the people! I lead global workforce change initiatives. I build trusted relationships with sr. leadership, I seek to undrstand the business strategy, and then develop human capital strategies & programs to impact change:| EXECUTIVE LEADESHIP | development of streamlined leadership career models to provide clear progression based on skills, behaviors & expertise. Includes assessment of ‘potential’ & programs to develop & plan for succession | DIGITAL LEADERSHIP | design strategies to enable leadership in a digital world – talent profiles, career development & digital communication strategies utilizing digital platforms | INNOVATE CULTURE | utilize creativity, drive & passion to design/develop actions to fuel employee engagement. Develop talent management (career level/competency frameworks), reward/performance management strategies/programs customized onboarding expeiences. | ANLYTICS | Relentlessly utilize metics & analytics to measure success & drive decisions. | OTHER SPECIALTIES | Global Talent Planning & Management • Communication Strategy • Creative Problem Solving • Relationship Building • Inclusion & Diversity • Change Management • Employee Engagement • Organizational Governance Design • Benchmarking
Global Talent Strategy Leader - Accenture Digital @ In this newly created Accenture Business Area, I am charged with the talent stategist role focused on establishing and implementing a global talent strategy and programs for a 7,300-member digital consulting group across the world.
Highlights to date include:
- Communicating a vision and roles for a demographically and professionally diverse global workforce;
- Developing and implementing the Digital Careers program with talent profiles and career paths;
- Developing early blueprint for what became the Digital World leadership development program to strengthen the skills of future digital leaders From November 2013 to Present (2 years 2 months) Talent Architect Leader – Global Talent Architecture Center of Expertise @ For 13,000 leaders of a global management consulting business, created and implemented a simplified executive model that spurred company competitiveness and performance.
- Producing a Leadership Career design/model that simplified and strengthened the career paths of management consulting senior executives;
- Developing frameworks for talent management, career levels, and competencies that aligned with Accenture’s overall new workforce framework.
- Developing our leaders to understand and sponsor the change from the top. From May 2011 to November 2013 (2 years 7 months) Global Senior Executive People Matters Leader / Senior Manager @ For 700+ senior executives in 15 geographic units worldwide, I established and managed HR programs and processes. Much of my work focused on setting a foundation that prepared the firm for a leadership model transition.
- Developing best practices for compensation, succession planning, annual performance management, objective setting, and workforce optimization;
- Developing an award-winning and pioneering recognition program;
- Shaping communications and presentations for the CEO / COO of Management Consulting.
- Oversaw all business processes for senior executives focused on performance, career rewards management. From June 2009 to June 2011 (2 years 1 month) Evaluate and Reward Talent Human Resources Leader / Senior Manager @ For 8,000 consultants in 15 geographic units worldwide, I established rewards and performance strategies and programs.
- Developing a performance management program using analytics to determine compensation ranges, skills structure, and performance metrics;
- Developing a total rewards strategy including a People Developer Recognition Program and Senior Executive Incentive Rewards Program. From September 2006 to July 2009 (2 years 11 months) Global Workforce Strategy and Planning / Senior Manager @ In this newly created global position, I led a huge, worldwide change initiative to design and implement a new workforce model. This work required a framework (workgroups) for role definition, performance management, KPIs, training, and rewards.
I also led the initial launch of the Capability Specialist career (expert) model to maximize the engagement of people with deep expertise and a preference for individual contributor roles. From May 2004 to September 2006 (2 years 5 months) Human Resources Manager @ Supported a Senior Leader as a HR Business Partner/HR Generalist - heading a 3,000-member group. Spearheaded several reengineering efforts. Responsibilities also included leading and participating in several virtual teams. From May 1999 to September 2002 (3 years 5 months) Change Management Consultant @ Joined Accenture in a consulting role, guiding change at Fortune 500 utility clients with plans, communications, and training (e.g. customer system and service) that helped their workforces transform and thrive. Specific focus areas included human performance improvement, organizational design, change readiness and customer service training. From June 1996 to May 1999 (3 years)
MS, Counseling Psycology/Vocational Psychology @ The University of Kansas From 2002 to 2004 BA, Psychology and Communications @ Denison University From 1992 to 1996 n/a, International Business @ Institute of Government and Business Affairs From 1994 to 1994 n/a, Studied abroad in Florence Italy @ Wells College From 1994 to 1994 High School @ Gwynedd Mercy Academy From 1988 to 1992 Melissa McManamy is skilled in: Program Management, Performance Improvement, Stakeholder Management, Negotiation, Organizational Design, Talent Management, Performance Management, Human Capital, Employee Engagement, Change Management, HR Transformation, Management Consulting, Organizational Development, Succession Planning, Workforce Planning
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension