Max Orelus has ten years of experience in full stack web development, web design, UI/UX, wireframes, user interfaces, rapid prototypes, systems integration, and technical implementations. Max is well versed in identifying requirements and working with cross-functional teams to design web strategies that meet business objectives. He also specialized in front-end/back-end development for internal and external web sites
Max Orelus has ten years of experience in full stack web development, web design, UI/UX, wireframes, user interfaces, rapid prototypes, systems integration, and technical implementations. Max is well versed in identifying requirements and working with cross-functional teams to design web strategies that meet business objectives. He also specialized in front-end/back-end development for internal and external web sites that are responsive/cross-browser compatible and designed for accessibility and 508 compliance. Max Orelus has experience working with the following Content Management Systems (CMS):
● WordPress (theme development / plugins / API)
● Drupal (theme development / plugins)
● Joomla (theme development / plugins)
● Teamsite (theme development / plugins)
Web Development Tools:
✔ Bootstrap Framework
✔ Foundation Framework
Senior UI Software Engineer @ From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Senior Web Developer @ ● Lead web developer for Embassy redesign initiative using WordPress Multisite to support digital and public diplomacy campaigns.
● Develop Wordpress best practice documentation for securing government websites.
● Install and configure WordPress and plugins using standards set by the Bureau.
● WordPress development including theme and individual template development, plugin tweaks, custom fields, custom post-types, widgets, and new feature development.
● Integrate websites with social media and third-party tools via APIs (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Salesforce, DigitalGov Search, etc.).
● Compile code changes using node modules such as: Bower and Gulp. Deployed added plugins/changes using Composer for dependency management, pushing commits to git repository, and Jenkins for the build process.
● Develop within a multiple server configuration including development, staging and production servers on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
● Train/Perform code reviews with junior level web developers. From January 2015 to September 2015 (9 months) Web Developer @ ● Responsible for developing and maintaining several dashboard-style web reports for federal clients.
● Developed and integrated global style classes and Layout Component Reference (LCR) for all Cognos 10 reports.
● Restructured the standard practice of reports by creating SOPs for building reports, using style classes, and lead a brown bag training session with the attendance of 5 Cognos report developers within the first 3 months of on-boarding the client’s project.
● Created executive briefing materials for identifying staffing, equipment, and organizational support needs for Enterprise Operations project.
● Supported maintenance and upkeep of the weekly status reports, early deliverables, and prototype progression. From January 2014 to December 2014 (1 year) Web Application Developer @ ● Tier III development/application support for the following applications: Autonomy Teamsite, Tripwire Enterprise, Remedy CMDB, and Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping, Atrium Orchestrator.
● Ensured web pages and data are secure, remediated any security issues on existing web sites, and collaborated in a team environment to produce a quality product.
● Responsible for developing the User Interface based on the Business and System Requirement tickets.
● Developed/Supported multiple projects using both Agile/Scrum and SDLC development environments.
● Reviewed internal Teamsite platform for Section 508 and security/FISMA compliance.
● Enhanced and evolved existing web properties based on best practices and user-centered design.
● Configured back-end integration and server-side templating.
● Created compelling mockups, comps, and wireframes based on project requirements.
● Collaborate with engineering teams in project planning and management using agile development methodologies..
● Wrote well-structured code, effectively documenting changes and additions to projects, and solicited feedback from peers.
● Observed client's site up-time and provided recommendations on security measures based on content management system (CMS).
● Implemented content delivery networks (CDN) for clients based on their website traffic.
● Developed plugins/themes using Wordpress hooks, custom fields, overriding functions, taxonomies, and post-types.
● Implemented Bootstrap or a similar framework for Responsive Web Development.
● Collaborate with Product Managers, QA, and other team members to shepherd changes through development, staging, and up to production environments. From June 2009 to November 2013 (4 years 6 months) Web Developer @ ● Designed and developed Wordpress sites in HTML, CSS, and PHP. Client list consisted of lawyers, car dealers, shortsale brokers, bakery shops, and locally owned businesses.
● Coded custom plugins, themes and templates, from the ground up for WordPress CMS / API.
● Analyzed opportunities for automating or generating reusable code.
● Configured performance optimization, caching, and WP Multisite.
● Created designs for websites (responsive), logos, flyers, cards, and social media profile pictures.
● Contributed to code repositories using Git, review Pull Requests and modified code, critique and provide constructive feedback.
● Provided consultation for search engine optimization (SEO) for ranking high in Google's organic search.
● Advised on brand growth via social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest).
● Implemented CMS platforms for clients (WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal).
● Controlled and verified that all web pages appear correctly on the majority of web browsers and platforms. From June 2005 to June 2009 (4 years 1 month) Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
Master's degree, Information Technology @ Virginia Tech From 2013 to 2016 Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Management Information Systems, 3.6 @ Florida International University From 2009 to 2011 Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Management Information System @ University of Central Florida From 2005 to 2008 Max Orelus is skilled in: Social Media, SEO, Web Design, Business Intelligence, Google Analytics, Wordpress, Microsoft Office, PHP, CSS3, HTML 5, MySQL, Web Development, Product Development, New Business Development, Online Advertising
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension