CEO, Sr Enterprise Architect and Project Manager @ netConzent Consulting AB
Math, Science, Computer Science, Teaching @
Enterprise Architect and Project Manager
I create value for my customers by bringing experience, skills and professionalism. I’m very experienced with organizations in transit, growing businesses, and those exchanging solutions and processes for higher efficiency. This involves IT-solutions and process implementations as well as business strategies and creating the business case for transformation. I’m highly proficient in
Enterprise Architect and Project Manager
I create value for my customers by bringing experience, skills and professionalism. I’m very experienced with organizations in transit, growing businesses, and those exchanging solutions and processes for higher efficiency. This involves IT-solutions and process implementations as well as business strategies and creating the business case for transformation. I’m highly proficient in the field of Enterprise/Business Architecture and manage projects ranging from a few hundred hours to tens of thousands of hours.
I’ve been contracted as Enterprise Architect and Project Manager for about 20 years. I master project management methodologies like PMI, Prince2, PPS and Props. I’m also very experienced with IIBA (business analysis), IEEE 830-1998, ISO 21500 and other business analysis standards. I’ve worked for many years with ITIL, ASM and PM3 when it comes to service management. Regarding development models I’m experienced in Traditional- (waterfall, V-model test-driven and risk-driven), Iterative- (phased delivery) and Agile- (Scrum and XP) models. All of this good enough to teach and lecture about it for many organizations from LA to Kuwait and from Norway to Jakarta for the last 15 years or so, helping thousands of professionals get to understand these concepts and models
Enterprise Architect @ From October 2015 to Present (2 months) Stockholm, SwedenAssignment: Project Manager @ IT Project Manager for the Mobile Sales Co-worker Application project From May 2015 to Present (7 months) CEO, Sr Enterprise Architect and Project Manager @ This is where i work in my roll as Consultant, Enterprise Architect, Technical Project Manager or Technical Expert within my fields of expertice.
I'm hired by companies like Tieto, Logica, Softronic, Visma, IKEA etc and I also manage the employed and subcontracted consultants.
The company focuses on working with subject matter experts for mid-size and larger companies in need of professional expert consultants.
Please see Project details described as assignments below. From August 2004 to Present (11 years 4 months) President @ ExpertSSL is one of Swedens leading companies working with digital certificates. We provide certificates from GeoTrust, Verisign, GlobalSign and Thawte to several thousands of organisations.
ExpertSSL is available in Sweden (www.expertssl.se), Denmark (www.expertssl.dk), the UK (www.expertssl.co.uk), the US (www.expertssl.com) and the rest of Europe (www.expertssl.eu). From July 2007 to Present (8 years 5 months) SwedenAssignment: Instructor and Course Author @ Over the years I have been hired as Instructor, Course Author and Technical Editor and tought hundreds of events i Sweden, US, UK, Canada, Norway, Kuwait and many other countries.
I have authored several courses and also worked as technical editor for even more. I taught about 30+ course titles within business analysis, technology and security.
Sample of Course Titles carried
Business Management Courses
Project Management, Requirements Managements, Business Case Development, Use Case Development, Business Process Management
Windows Server Technologies, Design and Administration, Patch management,
Active Directory Planning and Migration, IIS Administration, SharePoint Architecture and Administration
Web and Internet Security, Deploying Intrusion Detection Systems, Network Security Assesment, Introduction to Network Security, Penetration testing, Securing Wireless Networks,
Securing Web Servers, Web Services and Web Applications
Web Site Development, Java Script Development, Server Side Java Script, Web Site Optimization
PHP, MySQL Administration From 1999 to Present (16 years) MSc Student in Professional Computing @ As of fall 2014 I'm attending the Masters program in Professional Computing as a distance Learning part-time student. From September 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Owner @ From January 1999 to Present (16 years 11 months) President @ From January 2012 to Present (3 years 11 months) Skane County, SwedenAssignment: Project Manager @ During this assignment I'm working on a migration and consolidation project in order to migrate and consolidate a numer of Cognos 8.4 applications to new Cognos 10.2 platform. From November 2013 to May 2014 (7 months) Helsingborg, SwedenAssignment: Project Manager @ During this assignment I'm hired to work in several projects for different customers of Visma in the roles of Enterprise Architect and Technical Project Manager. This involves Requirement Management, Project Initiations, Project Execution and Closing. It also includes establishing Project Processes and Service Management. From April 2012 to February 2014 (1 year 11 months) Assignment: Project Manager @ During this assignment Mathias work as the Project Manager for designing, building and rolling out 26 instances of IBM Cognos 10 and Oracle 11 based on AIX and AIX VM’s at IKEA’s Central Warehouses around the world (21 in Europe, 4 in Asia and 1 in Russia). From February 2012 to December 2012 (11 months) Helsingborg, SwedenAssignment: Sr Enterprise Architect and Project Manager @ During this assignment I have so far managed a 1900 hours Technical Improvement Project, is coordinating a CSM Team, continually contribute to Service Management and advice on potential improvements regarding performance and scalability.
• Technical Improvement Project of PharmaSuite including Retail Suite, 1 900h project
Role – Project Manager/EA
• Environment and Performance Task Force for Apotek Hjärtat, 600h project
Role – Project Manager/ EA
• Environment and Performance Task Force for Medstop, 2 000h project
Role – Project Manager/EA
• Environment and Performance Task Force for Expert, 300h project
Role – Project Manager/EA
• Establishing virtual replica of PROD Environment as scaled REF Environment, 700h project
Role – Project Manager/EA
• Release upgrades of PharmaSuite for Apotek Hjärtat, 1 500h project
Role – Managing Client upgrade team (ca 2000 systems)
• Establishment of Critical Situation Management, ongoing
Role – Project Manager
• Continually performing troubleshooting tasks and participating in Service Management for Customers Ica Cura, Apotek Hjärtat, Medstop, and Expert
• A number of shorter projects, feasibility studies and system analysis. From April 2011 to February 2012 (11 months) President @ One Stop CV AB is a company focusing on CV and Competence management for individuals, businesses and enterprise level organization providing a single repository of CV's and multiple templates for personal and business needs. From October 2011 to January 2012 (4 months) SwedenPresident @ New Horizons is today the largest independent IT training company worldwide with more than 300 centers in over 70 countries.
The focus was on individually adapted IT-training delivered just-in-time with a flexible schedule. The strategy of smaller classes and flexible content made it possible for anyone to take part in IT-training cost effective and tailor made for the personal need. From November 2009 to October 2011 (2 years) SwedenAssignment: Technical Project Manager assigned to Apotek Hjärtat @ During this assignment I worked with the overall Project Manager handling the roll out of a complete new IT-support system for Prescription Management, Retail and POS. It involved the roll out of the systems in 260 stores located across the entire country with about 2600 systems in total. It also involved continual improvements, performance analysis, new release deployments and everlasting troubleshooting of a zillion details.
This project has been awarded Project of the Year by CIO Magazine http://cio.idg.se/2.1782/1.420332/apotek-hjartats-nya-it-miljo-ar-arets-projekt-2011
• Rollout general coordinating the RoC (Rollout Center) – I was responsible for that team
• Defining and implementing system baselines for clients and server (architectural strategies and implementation)
• Managing several in-line system upgrades without interrupting the ongoing rollout
• Coordinating and handover to Service Management and documentation
• Managing back office troubleshooting team
• Defining AD and GPO-structure
• Fine tune PKI and SmartCard-implementation
• Design and implement system monitoring services
• Defining, implementing and executing deployment processes
• Creating solution designs and time/cost estimates for a number of subprojects From June 2010 to March 2011 (10 months) Assignment: Sr Enterprise Architect assigned to Apoteket AB @ When Apoteket AB outsourced all of its IT to Tieto in 2007 I was hired on a full time contact as Sr Enterprise Architect and Technical Project Manager beeing part of the Architects Office, a service provided to govern all projects and implementations of IT systems.
In addition to a number of smaller projects and assignments (less than a couple of hundred hours) I was working on the establishment of an internal SharePoint plattform for intranet, document management and as a host plattform for SharePoint-based applications.
One of the functions I performed was to guide externaly developed applications to fit into the architecture and plattforms guidelines.
• Establish a SOA-based integration environment (WebLogic, Oracle, Java), 7 000h project
• Establish www.apoteketfarmaci.se (SharePoint, .NET), 4 000h project
• Establish internal Search-platform (SharePoint, WS, AJAX) 1 200h
• Establish an internal SharePoint platform including governance and deployment processes, 1 000h project
• Redesign of infrastructure and authentication mechanisms for Apoteket.se (SharePoint)
• Database consolidation of a large number of MS SQL Servers to a common Database hotel
• Decommission of a number of applications
• Member of the Architectural Board Service Function for continuous project support of development guidelines, implementations and Service Management establishment of externally developed applications
• Internal training of Service Management staff on Microsoft and SharePoint Technologies
• Establishment of SharePoint–based project support system for LKAB (other part of Tieto)
In total he was involved in or managed about 30 different projects of new developments, improvements, consolidations, governance implementations or Service Management improvements. From November 2007 to June 2010 (2 years 8 months) Founder and CEO @ I founded this company with some staff and IT equipment from the former MK-CES and the focus of the business was web and domain hosting.
When founding the company there was about 500 competitors in Sweden and when the company was sold in 2007 it was the 8th largest domain selling company in Sweden with about 10 000 companies as customers.
For me it provided a very good teaching ground on how to design, build and maintaine a 24/7 business with thousends of customers depending on system availability and stability while keeping security and performance up.
Sample of external customer projects:
• SharePoint-based intranet for Vinge Advokatbyrå
• East Capital, Solution for SmartCards authentication
• Bellwater, Troubleshooting and establishing new IT-solution for backend systems and e-mail
• Hökerberg och Söderqvist, Complete new Windows-based backend infrastructure
• LCL Cool, Solution for SharePoint-based intranet including global WAN
• Royal Air Force Brampton, Solution for SharePoint From July 2002 to June 2007 (5 years) CEO @ I created this company for the only reason to provide some temporary work for some of my former empoyees that I had to let go from MK-CES due to the "Dead COM"-thing.
When everyone was back in regular empoyment as consultans in my own company or elsewhere, the company was closed. From August 2003 to May 2004 (10 months) CEO @ I built this company as a consultancy company focusing on web development and IT-training. We had about 20 consultants allocated at different customer projects when the "dead COM" hit in 2002 and the company was fased out.
While beeing an IT consultant working in the field I also produced several books and course materials for Docendo, Nordisk Datautbildning and IDG on Windows Server and different web development technologies. From August 1994 to August 2002 (8 years 1 month)
30+courses in Technology and Management @ Learning Tree International From 2000 to 2015 Math, Science, Computer Science, Teaching @ Stockholms universitet From 1993 to 1998 Science Program @ Nacka Gymnasium From 1988 to 1991 Master of Science (MSc), Computer Science @ Staffordshire University Mathias Karlsson, PMP, ITIL, MCTS is skilled in: Enterprise Architecture, Windows Server, Network Security, SharePoint, SOA, Process Improvement, Start-ups, XML, Technical Training, Technical Writing, Technical Analysis, Performance Improvement, Team Management, Project Implementation, .NET