Multidisciplinary designer with six years of professional experience in design for console and social gaming, user interface, print, editorial, exhibition and web. A quick learner with experience as both a leader and individual contributor for projects with clients such as Chef Jamie Oliver and Food Network’s Robert Irvine. Extensive experience in the game design arena and
Multidisciplinary designer with six years of professional experience in design for console and social gaming, user interface, print, editorial, exhibition and web. A quick learner with experience as both a leader and individual contributor for projects with clients such as Chef Jamie Oliver and Food Network’s Robert Irvine. Extensive experience in the game design arena and a fierce yearning to explore other areas of creative design to grow further as a heavy-hitter contributing artist.
Oh, and I can also bake a mean Oreo Coffee Cupcake.
Art Director I @ Visual design and interactive solutions for Epsilon's wide array of corporate client projects including American Express, Wells Fargo, Oceanic Trails, Hitachi Data Systems, Delta Airlines, and more. From September 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) San Francisco, CAVisual Designer, Illustrator, Art Director @ Provide captivating and intuitive design solutions for variety of clients ranging from corporate identity, mobile app development, illustration design for film and gaming.
Services: Illustration, Visual Design, Art Direction. From April 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) San Francisco Bay AreaAssociate Art Director @ ASSOCIATE ART DIRECTOR:
- Led an art team of upwards to 22 artists, animators and UI designers.
- Worked with lead Art Director to establish creative design of ChefVille including gameboard assets, UI elements, animations and marketing promotion materials.
- Oversaw the art direction and design of business partnership materials and likenesses of Jamie Oliver and Food Network’s Robert Irvine, as well as gameplay materials for California Milk.
- Implemented and continue to refine the art process to streamline production and build collaboration between art and all other studio disciplines.
- Managed all six outsourcing vendor accounts, communicating between HQ and Art Producers overseas, and working within studio budget and schedule requirements.
- Trained art team members in the tools, styles, and processes of ChefVille’s art production.
- Mentored and coached art team members, assisting each individual’s continued growth towards his/her creative career goal and the development of the art team as a whole.
- Communicated frequently with studio leadership (Executive Producer and General Manager) regarding art team health, creative solutions and ideas, potential blockers and any other concerns, and foster openness and transparency between studio leadership and the art team.
acting ART PRODUCER:
- Collaborated with Studio Management, other Producers, Designers, and Product Managers to determine design, spec information, production scope, and financial budget of game features.
- Assessed art needs for feature designs; create timelines and pipeline for art team and daily deliverables.
- Helped to establish and optimize production pipelines, internal team and external vendor schedules.
- Coordinated between Art, Design, and Development teams to ensure on time delivery of art assets.
- Reviewed game designs and provide direction to artists and external vendors with respect to all aspects of production, including game play, UI, performance, and source file constraints. From 2012 to March 2014 (2 years) San Francisco, CASenior Graphic Artist @ - Developed a wide array of concept designs for various characters and environment layout themes.
- Worked closely with Designers and the Art Director, taking full ownership of large production tasks, such as Aspirational Gameboard Layout designs, assisting in setting the art-tech standards for character avatar system, and establishing the visual style for dish-art production.
- Trained art team members in the tools, styles, and processes of art production for ChefVille.
- Produced a variety of illustrative materials and assets consistent with ChefVille’s evolving visual style, striving to create the most outstanding art possible. From May 2011 to January 2012 (9 months) San Francisco, CAOutsource Art Director @ - Work in parallel with lead Art Director to establish basic design and approach for the various visuals of ChefVille including style of graphic assets and animation assets.
- Review, provide feedback for, and direct in-game art materials (concept design, character design, user-interface design) created by multiple vendors.
- Manage outsourcing accounts and projects, conferring with multiple points-of-contact, working within budget and schedule requirements.
- Collaborate with Producers, Designers, and Product Managers to determine concept design, spec information, production budget, and deadlines of game features.
- Present finalized assets to executive producers and management for final approval.
- Train art houses and vendors in the tools, styles, and processes of art production for ChefVille. From 2012 to 2012 (less than a year) San Francisco, CAGraphic Artist @ - Designed a wide array of in-game assets for Casino City, Barworld, and Slot City.
- Designed layouts for various user-interface experiences across all three games.
- Supported the animation team by animating various game assets for Casino City and Barworld with Adobe Flash.
- Regularly created marketing advertisement assets and cross-promotional materials to further the overall visibility and monetization of Casino City and Barworld.
- Established the overall visual style standards of Slot City, under the supervision of the Art Director, through various explorations of differing art styles and
techniques. From September 2010 to May 2011 (9 months) San Bruno, CAMarketing - Graphic Designer @ - Supported the Director of Marketing Communications and the Chief of Operations in marketing and product development/enhancement.
- Designed layouts for user-interface experiences including multi-media player/editor, DVD and BluRay thematic menu design, and cloud-storage UI for regular product line.
- Responsible for the overall visual design and rebranding of all existing and upcoming YesVideo products, including dated UI design, packaging design and branding identity. From November 2005 to September 2010 (4 years 11 months) Santa Clara, CAVector Graphics Designer @ - Worked closely with art leads to take approved concepts and render the finalized production assets, environment layouts and user-interfaces for in-game use.
- Provided support to marketing team to design web layouts, company branding identity - such as business card design, and layout designs for trading card merchandise. From November 2009 to January 2010 (3 months) San Francisco, CA
BFA, Animation/Illustration, Political Science @ San Jose State University From 2004 to 2008 Laguna College of Art and Design From 2002 to 2003 Marsh Mendez is skilled in: Traditional Animation, Illustrator, Photoshop, Vector Illustration, Texturing, Maya, Animation, Concept Design, Flash, Character Animation, 3D Modeling, Texture Painting, Digital Painting, Conceptual Art, User Interface Design, Illustration, Storyboarding, Computer Graphics, 3D Studio Max, Art, Level Design, Layout, Digital Sculpting, Game Design, Drawing, Environment Art, Game Development, Graphics, Matte Painting, 3D, Art Direction, Digital Photography, Modeling, Digital Illustration, Premiere, Video Games, Flash Animation, Rigging, Digital Art, Graphic Design, Creative Direction, Motion Graphics, Comics, Character Designs, Lighting, Game Art, Computer Animation, Texture Artist, InDesign, User Experience