Award-winning product manager with a passion for using new technologies to create deeply engaging media experiences for users. Proven ability to develop and communicate a compelling product vision, to define the requirements necessary to execute product vision, and to balance trade-offs in order to quickly deliver maximum value to users and business stakeholders. Established track record of
Award-winning product manager with a passion for using new technologies to create deeply engaging media experiences for users. Proven ability to develop and communicate a compelling product vision, to define the requirements necessary to execute product vision, and to balance trade-offs in order to quickly deliver maximum value to users and business stakeholders. Established track record of effectively managing cross-functional teams and executing large scale, complex projects while managing executive stakeholder expectation. Experienced with lean, agile and waterfall methodologies.
Manager, Product Management @ * Develop and evolve site and video player features, content and sales sponsorships through their product lifecycles using market analysis, user testing, competitive tracking, traffic metrics and general industry awareness.
* Responsible for site and video player product documentation including product roadmap, requirements, user flows, user stories and wireframes.
* Collaborate with mobile app and OTT product managers to develop cross platform features to increase video duration, app downloads and MVPD authentications.
* Lead product discovery team to identify minimum viable product that customers want.
* Manage Product Managers on the web platform team. From April 2009 to Present (6 years 7 months) BurbankDirector of Digital Services @ Producer for official artistsʼ websites, fan communities and ecommerce stores. Artists included Tom Petty, KISS, Robin Williams, Def Leppard, Ringo Starr, John Mellencamp, Alice Cooper and Traveling Wilburys.
* Oversaw website production from conception to launch and initiated company-wide social media strategy; created budgets, functional specifications, annotated wireframes, architected user interfaces, analyzed monthly web metrics and administered resource outsourcing.
* Designed marketing campaigns, utilizing micro-sites, targeted emails, banner ads, paid search, SEO and social media. From November 2006 to November 2008 (2 years 1 month) Founder @ Music Industry website consultant and talent management.
* Led redesigns for artists’ official websites, which included TomPetty.com, Madonna.com, FleetwoodMac.com and BillyIdol.com.
* Researched, compiled and maintained all site content (i.e. news copy, artwork, audio, video and downloads) on a daily basis.
* Liaison between clients, record labels, tour agents and publishing companies.
* Developed strategic marketing plans to promote clients’ releases and tours.
* Negotiated all contractual obligations and ensured fulfillment. From June 2002 to December 2006 (4 years 7 months) Talent Manager @ Day-to-day contact for clients such as Ali G aka Sacha Baron Cohen, Ice T, Paul Oakenfold and Cream Records (U.K.).
* Negotiated appearance fees, movie deals and live performances.
* Coordinated publicity, schedule, video, movie / TV shoots and recording sessions.
* Served as the U.S. liaison between Kinetic records and the U.K. label (Cream); developed marketing plans, A&R, planned radio promotions and directed the art department.
* Managed content for clients’ websites. From December 2000 to August 2002 (1 year 9 months)
Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, Marketing @ North Central College From 1994 to 1998 Mark CSPO is skilled in: Digital Media, Social Media Marketing, Digital Strategy, Music, Social Media, Facebook, SEO, Web Analytics, Marketing, Strategy, Google Analytics, Community Management, Brand Development, New Media, Entertainment, SMO, Agile Web Development, Content Strategy, Film, Digital Marketing, Online Marketing, Television, Video, Social Networking, E-commerce, Facebook applications, Competitive Analysis, Online Advertising, User Experience, Mobile Marketing, Interactive Marketing, Product Management