Strategic and Insightful Engineering Leader who leverages product development, strategic leadership, talent acquisition and people management abilities to achieve exceptional results. Drives top and bottom-line performance within energy, electronics and technology markets. Sought out repeatedly for success in articulating direction, creating order out of chaos, and instilling a culture of both technical and operational excellence. Builds and
Strategic and Insightful Engineering Leader who leverages product development, strategic leadership, talent acquisition and people management abilities to achieve exceptional results. Drives top and bottom-line performance within energy, electronics and technology markets. Sought out repeatedly for success in articulating direction, creating order out of chaos, and instilling a culture of both technical and operational excellence. Builds and develops high performing teams while influencing and building consensus among cross-functional, multinational teams around the world. Drives technical excellence, adaptability and sustainability in organizations ranging from Fortune 50 to start-up and fast growth.
Notable areas of contribution include…
Product Development Life-cycle:
Assembled and led a team to bring SolarBridge Technologies’ first 50 Hz AC international product from concept to market in six months. This was the first product in the company’s history to be delivered on time, while meeting quality and cost targets. Instituted a culture of ownership and accountability across all disciplines. Identified and mitigated key regulatory and product safety risks to drive successful launch within Australian market.
Identified strategic requirements and designed SolarBridge Technologies’ first cross-functional phase review program management process. This led to reduced meeting churn and seat time for engineers and individual contributors.
Facing loss of Phase 2 funding for SolarBridge’s alpha concept microinverter, undertook de facto leadership role, taking ownership of mechanical and thermal development. Capitalized on deep relationships within design consultancies and the Asian ODM community to complete massive amounts of development work in a compressed six-month cycle. Resultant form factor and packaging solution key to helping secure multiple, competing offer letters for Phase 2 funding on favorable terms
Founder and Principal Mechanical/Thermal Engineer @ Providing Mechanical and Thermal Engineering consulting and design services for selected engagements. Assisting both Startup and Fortune 50 Companies with advanced concept generation, detailed design, analysis, and manufacturing solutions. From June 2013 to Present (2 years 7 months) Director of Hardware Engineering @ Nimboxx's mission is to bring the benefits of the proven hyper-scale data center model enjoyed by large cloud providers to enterprises of all sizes.
In addition to ownership of all mechanical and hardware engineering deliverables, charged with defining and implementing company’s first Hardware Phase Gate Process linked to and tracked together with the firm's existing Agile Software Development Process and Tracking tools. Amid rapid growth, identified and implemented the company's first Configuration Management Process and Tool (Arena).
- Delivered to production a differentiated Hardware Platform for Nimboxx within 6 weeks of joining the company.
- Developed a low-touch but striking Industrial and Mechanical Design that could be quickly put into production to meet market demands.
- Identified and managed external Industrial Design and Mechanical Engineering resources to allow rapid and efficient product development and delivery in a Capital-Efficient manner.
- Responsible for identifying and vetting all Hardware Platforms, Components, and Vendors for performance-critical HCI appliance offering. From June 2014 to July 2015 (1 year 2 months) Director, Engineering and Program Management @ SolarBridge Technologies, a leader in integrated microinverter technologies for the solar industry, is accelerating the adoption of rooftop solar energy in residential and commercial applications.
In addition to oversight of mechanical and sustaining engineering, charged with defining and implementing company’s first Phase Gate and Program Management process. Identified, mentored and trained junior program managers on process and key competencies.
- Delivered double-digit percentage product cost reductions during a key growth period for the company, through aggressive, cross-functional cost reduction programs.
- Drove accelerated product development program that delivered the company’s first international product, which was a huge success and accounted for majority of company’s revenue from Q1/2013.
- Created an improved, predictable scalable product development organization by instituting a cross-functional core team structure and approach.
- Developed and implemented a defined phase-gate driven product development process. From March 2012 to June 2013 (1 year 4 months) Director, Product Engineering @ Facing critical go-to-market challenges, stepped up to recruit and staff world-class mechanical and electrical teams to add much needed expertise and dept to young engineering group. Directed development, validation, supplier selection and delivery of all enclosure, cabling for company’s second-generation microinverter while developing and launching first solar microinverter management system.
- Drove development from concept to production of the second generation microinverter form factor and mechanical solution designed for 30 yr. life in harsh environments.
- Delivered 25% product and assembly (MVA) cost reduction of mechanical components over the first generation design.
- Conceived and delivered mechanical and interconnect solution optimized for ease and speed of end-user installation that created intrinsic value and significant competitive advantage for SolarBridge. From November 2010 to March 2012 (1 year 5 months) Austin, Texas AreaSenior Mechanical Engineer @ Joined early-stage, 13-person company, to provide subject matter expertise on forming mechanical, thermal, and interconnect solution for the world’s first module-integrated solar microinverter. Managed and reviewed work of in-house and external engineers, including Chinese-based ODM supplier engineers.
- Conceived, designed and delivered the electronic packaging and interconnect solutions for the company’s first module-integrated microinverter design for a 25 yr. warranty in harsh environments.
- Directed development of complex, ruggedized AC connector and cable harness design, which led to several patents for SolarBridge.
- Led the design of an outdoor-mounted, ruggedized PC designed to communicate with the rooftop microinverter array and relay data to the web. From January 2009 to October 2010 (1 year 10 months) Senior Mechanical Engineer @ Sought out for expertise garnered at Dell to serve as mechanical/thermal engineer on a variety of programs, with primary focus on the design of Dell’s Adamo premium laptop computer.
- Managed Adamo’s Asian ODM engineering team on Adamo to ensure product goals, schedule and quality requirements were met.
- Performed on-site machined-part approval and troubleshooting on behalf of Dell at Chinese-based CM. From March 2008 to December 2008 (10 months) Product Marketing Manager @ Proactively sought out and chosen for position that effectively leveraged technical and business education to build OptiPlex as a sub-brand while transitioning from Intel to AMD as a provider. Liaised with Shanghai marketing group, traveling extensively to Asia and completing two-month onsite stay to foster relationships with Dell’s Chinese CDC team.
- Prepared and managed CPU roadmap for OptiPlex CPU line on Intel and AMD offerings.
- Drove competitive advantage and maximized margins through the preparation, presentation and dissemination of marketing collateral and sales tools to worldwide sales teams.
- Participated in tech tours throughout Europe, Asia and Latin America to conduct customer research and deliver product launch presentations. From November 2006 to February 2008 (1 year 4 months) Lead Mechanical Engineer @ Oversaw rapid development of desktop enclosures to meet growing demand. Areas of accountability encompassed mechanical and thermal design activities for desktop computer platforms, in roles ranging from sustaining to lead engineer. Coordinated multi-site internal and international ODM engineering teams in Taiwan and China. Trained and mentored junior-level engineered and served as subject matter expert in FEA, tolerance analysis and light pipe design.
- Led development of, and listed as inventor on four US design patents, for two-high volume desktop computer platforms from concept to deployment
- Developed design improvements that reduced Dell’s packaging costs $60M, annually.
- Directed 10-person business initiative team in creation of best practices process and manual for mechanical-electrical data transfer.
- Contributed to $12M annual cost reduction by developing and qualifying alternate cable suppliers for mass production of desktop computer chassis. From May 2000 to November 2006 (6 years 7 months)
MBA, Marketing/Marketing Management, General @ The University of Texas at Austin - The Red McCombs School of Business From 2002 to 2005 BS, Mechanical Engineering @ The University of Texas-Pan American From 1994 to 2000 Marco Marroquin is skilled in: Product Development, Engineering, Electronics, Engineering Management, Manufacturing, Design for Manufacturing, PCB design, Program Management, Systems Engineering, Product Design, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Six Sigma, Product Management, FMEA, Electrical Engineering
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension