Postgraduate Diploma in International Business Development @
Dublin Institute of Technology
Hi I’m Louise, I’m a Fashion Blogger, Digital Marketing Specialist and Marketing Graduate based in Dublin, Ireland. I currently work in the Publicity & Co-operative Marketing Department with Tourism Ireland, who are responsible for growing overseas tourism revenue and visitor numbers to the island of Ireland. Throughout my time working with them I have seen the visitor
Hi I’m Louise, I’m a Fashion Blogger, Digital Marketing Specialist and Marketing Graduate based in Dublin, Ireland. I currently work in the Publicity & Co-operative Marketing Department with Tourism Ireland, who are responsible for growing overseas tourism revenue and visitor numbers to the island of Ireland. Throughout my time working with them I have seen the visitor numbers grow 14% to the island of Ireland.
Over the past 3 years I have graduated from a very media focused course ‘Communications Studies’ and have completed a Masters in Marketing in which I received a 1:1 distinction. I am currently studying a post-graduate diploma in International Business Development and am taking part in the first ever 10 week cohort of an Online Fashion Course ran by Teen Vogue and Parsons School of Design. (My experience has been documented on TeenVogue.com)
What does my work day entail? Well let’s just say no 2 days are ever the same – and that’s what keeps me on my toes. From distributing daily content to the 22 International markets in which Tourism Ireland operates in to creating ideas and photoshoots for my fashion blog, my day’s are filled working on my two passions: marketing & fashion.
I spent the last year in New York with Tourism Ireland where I got to exercise my strong communication, time-management and creative skills. Previous experience includes working for the renowned Irish brand Fran & Jane, the New York based ‘Raine Magazine’ and the Connecticut based ‘Inspira Marketing Agency’.
Blogging has given me invaluable experience in website design and management, digital marketing and project management. I am an extremely creative, hard-working and outgoing person and I look forward to meeting new, interesting people. Feel free to reach out and send me a message here or you can contact me directly on: [email protected]
You can also follow me on Twitter & Instagram at @louisecooney_
Contributor @ • Take part in first ever cohort of 'Certificate of Fashion Industry Essentials'
• Complete 10 week course which includes 5 different sections & assignments
• Report to Teen Vogue with article every two weeks describing my experience with the course From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Digital PR and Co-operative Marketing @ • Administrate publicity budgets & procedures
• Assist with the delivery of a full set of market publicity plans to Failte Ireland and Tourism Northern Ireland. This includes the successful execution of planning workshops during Q4 2015.
• Assists in providing the means by which markets can deliver world class publicity programs including liaison with National Tourist Boards & industry
• Distribute news, press releases and imagery to over 20 markets in which TI operates
• Ensure that global segmentation is reflected in publicity messaging and activity.
• Create blogger database and evaluate blogger statistics in order to create effective online content
• Manage the Media Room including uploading fresh content centrally (news releases, story ideas, itineraries, imagery and video content), facilitating user access & training needs for as well as addressing ongoing maintenance issues that may arise
• Assist with the curation of the @media_ireland twitter account, planning & posting content as well as engaging with media.
• Develop Tourism Ireland’s Major Festivals and Events listings and work with the event organisers, Failte Ireland, Tourism NI and markets to roll out dedicated marketing activities. Project manage bespoke cross-market campaigns for priority festivals where appropriate.
• Report on results to internal and external stakeholders From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Blogger @ louisecooney.com is a fashion, lifestyle & travel blog based on an Irish graduates experience living and working in New York City and Dublin.
http://www.teenvogue.com/story/teen-vogue-parsons-online-fashion-education-class-correspondent From May 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) Greater New York City AreaMarketing Assistant - US Market @ Tourism Ireland promotes the island of Ireland around the world as a premier holiday and business tourism destination.The United States is the second largest market for tourism to the island of Ireland, after the UK. My primary responsibilities in this role are Public Relations and Business Tourism for the North American Market.
• Maintain and update PR database. Work on identifying and tagging Tier 1 and Tier 2 Media.
• Source and distribute story ideas, content & information to entice journalists to write and travel to the island of Ireland.
• US PR Liason for migration of current US Media Room.
• Maintain, support and update stakeholder relationships.
• Curate & monitor Twitter account for PR for US market (Username: @Media_IrelandUS).
• Organise & help run PR events to generate publicity for Tourism Ireland in US
• Maintain high standards of organisation on Business Tourism database.
• Provide clients with information on Irish partners through which corporate trips can be planned.
• Manage and improve stakeholder relationships with all business clients.
• Created and manages Twitter account for Business Tourism in US Market (Username: @MeetInIrelandUS).
• In charge of generating new leads through online research
As part of the Tourism Ireland International Graduate Program, I participate in continuous assessments linked to my work experience. In this I will complete 12 assignments as well as a research project over the course of 2 years. I will graduate with a Post Graduate Diploma in International Business Development from the Dublin Institute of Technology in 2016.
http://blog.usit.ie/2015/07/28/usa-graduate-visa-the-irish-girls-taking-new-york-by-storm/ From August 2014 to September 2015 (1 year 2 months) Marketing Assistant @ Retail (B2C):
• PR and Media Relations - liaised with stakeholders, informed stakeholders of upcoming events
• Updated website regularly - blog posts, sale prices, imaging.
• Social media moderation: Planned, curated and scheduled posts for Facebook & Twitter.
• Managed and Directed Fashion shoots for TV3 Xposé and RTÉ
• Market Research for upcoming Ecommerce site
• Administrative work such as: Staff Incentives & Targets, Social Media Statistics.
• Heavily involved in creative process: designed sale posters, invitation for A/W launch.
• Conducted buying meetings with potential companies From June 2014 to July 2014 (2 months) Brand Ambassador @ • Assist team to ensure corporate events run smoothly which adds to the clients satisfaction with the event.
• Good time keeping, reporting, planning and problem solving skills used in this role to ensure events run on time and without problems.
• Assist customers with any queries or issues they may have in a friendly and timely manner. From January 2014 to July 2014 (7 months) Model @ • Rendered modeling services to promote various clothing brands to increase sales of retail and fashion industries
• Great interest in fashion and current trends
• Collaborated and worked closely with photographers on photo shoots
• Well capable of working in fast-paced and demanding environments
• Featured in well known Irish television programs such as: Ireland AM, Xposé, Off The Rails, RTE News, Celebrity Come Dine with Me
• Featured in well known Irish publications such as: The Irish Independent, The Weekender Magazine, The Evening Herald, The Star, and local Limerick newspapers. From August 2010 to June 2014 (3 years 11 months) Marketing Intern @ • Organised and co-ordinated events from conception through to execution.
• Commissioned and analyzed market research about competitors.
• Liased and networked with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organisations about current projects to ensure their accurate completion.
• Utilized time management skills to ensure deadlines were efficiently met. From May 2013 to August 2013 (4 months) Greater New York City AreaModel/ Sales Assistant @ • Attentive and very high quality customer service focused
• Understand the basics of working in a clothing store
• Satisfaction in creating a positive customer experience From October 2012 to May 2013 (8 months) Editor @ • Excellent team leadership skills.
• Capable of delegating jobs and meeting deadlines.
• Experience with working in different environment for photo shoots, documentaries, interviews etc.
• Collaborated with people in a variety of professions, with different experience levels a in order to create one publication
• Ran “The Look” Facebook Page gaining over 200 new likes in my time as editor. From September 2012 to May 2013 (9 months) Sales Assistant and Journalist @ • Experience working with cash registers
• Great team player
• Comfortable with writing about and reporting on events in the store
• Helped with the running of “Jack Wills Ireland” social media. From October 2011 to October 2012 (1 year 1 month) Marketing Intern @ • Researched consumer products and events relevant to current projects that helped obtain and retain new and current clients.
• Comfortable presenting innovative ideas to staff that were used in campaigns and reflected in profits.
• Used Adobe Photoshop and Bridge to create the best possible images of new ideas for clients and events ran by the company.
• Monitored competitor activities to ensure our plans were in keeping with trends but also unique. From June 2011 to August 2011 (3 months)
Certificate, Teen Vogue: Fashion Industry Essentials @ Parsons School of DesignPostgraduate Diploma in International Business Development @ Dublin Institute of Technology From 2014 to 2016 Master of Marketing, 1:1 @ Dublin Institute of Technology From 2013 to 2014 Bachelor's degree, Communications Studies, 2:1 @ DCU From 2010 to 2013 High School, 520 points @ Laurel Hill Secondary School From 2004 to 2010 Louise Cooney is skilled in: Social Media Marketing, Social Media, Marketing, Teamwork, Facebook, Photoshop, Social Networking, PowerPoint, Marketing Communications, Advertising, Retail, Customer Service, Public Relations, Time Management, Fashion
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension