Finance Committee Member @ NPower Charlotte Region
Executive possessing unique blend of financial expertise, operational perspective, exceptional communication skills, and leadership, focusing on short and long-term goals while working as a business advisor to CEO. Identify issues before they become an issue and determining the appropriate resolution to maximize the positive effect. Outgoing and personable leader, partnering with operational personnel ensuring strategic imperatives are
Executive possessing unique blend of financial expertise, operational perspective, exceptional communication skills, and leadership, focusing on short and long-term goals while working as a business advisor to CEO. Identify issues before they become an issue and determining the appropriate resolution to maximize the positive effect. Outgoing and personable leader, partnering with operational personnel ensuring strategic imperatives are prioritized and executed. Experience implementing ERP systems and creating the necessary financial and operation reports from the data within the systems. Big 4 Public CPA experience working with both Publicly Held Fortune 500 and privately held companies.
Controller South Region @ From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Greater Atlanta AreaCFO @ Wilson Parker Homes builds new single family homes in Atlanta and Augusta, Georgia, Raleigh, North Carolina and Phoenix, Arizona. From May 2011 to October 2013 (2 years 6 months) Finance Committee Member @ From July 2010 to April 2011 (10 months) Chief Financial Officer @ Responsible for all accounting and budgeting functions.
Prepared records for year-end audit and tax return preparations.
Prepared and reviewed all sales contracts between Development and Home Builders
Prepared all Joint Venture statements and Multiple LLCs.
Maintained records regarding compliance with terms of contracts.
Established and maintained banking relationships with various lenders.
Evaluated REO property opportunities From June 1998 to July 2010 (12 years 2 months) Chief Financial Officer, Vice President @ Responsible for all financial and accounting duties, helping grow company from one division to five divisions for home building operations plus a corporate organization, guiding the company’s growth from 300 closings and $30mm in revenue annually to over 1300+ closings and $200mm in revenue annually.
• Strong budgeting, forecasting, analysis and long-term planning skills working closely with top management to incorporate both financial and operational information to achieve realistic results.
• Continuous focus on process improvements and cost reduction opportunities.
• Preparation of useful financial and operational reports relevant to senior leaders’ goals.
• Evaluation, implementation and upgrading of various software systems, and the establishment of all reports.
• Timberline ERP system, Microsoft, Access, ADP, Ultimate and various other HR, accounting, sales and data base software knowledge.
• Outstanding negotiation skills regarding purchasing, lender terms, contracts, benefits, etc.
• Coordinate with outside vendors, auditors, attorneys and government officials to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations relevant to industry and company.
• Establish and maintain outstanding relationship with lenders and investors.
• Supervised IT and Human Resources, including payroll processing and establishment of 401K and medical benefit plans.
• Training and development of staff with strong encouragement for personal growth.
• Simultaneously performed CFO duties for related companies of Eastwood Development (a land development company) and Clinchfield Capital (a mortgage origination company).
• Established new entities for tax planning and asset preservation of owners.
• Involved with Tax planning to minimize impact on ownership. From June 1998 to July 2010 (12 years 2 months) CFO @ CFO for Clinchfield Capital, LLC, a mortgage broker company serving primarily Eastwood Homes customers. From March 2006 to June 2010 (4 years 4 months) Accounting Manager @ From October 1997 to June 1998 (9 months) Division Controller @ From March 1987 to October 1997 (10 years 8 months) Senior Internal Auditor @ From June 1986 to March 1987 (10 months) Senior Auditor @ From May 1983 to June 1986 (3 years 2 months)
Bachelor of Science, Accounting @ University of Kentucky From 1978 to 1983 Leonard Powell , CPA is skilled in: Strategic Planning, Start-ups, Accounting, Strategy, Budgets, Finance, Forecasting, Auditing, Management, Leadership, Team Building, Financial Reporting, Contract Negotiation, Executive Management, Analysis
Looking for a different
Leonard Powell , CPA?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension