With a diverse background spanning strategy, technology, science, design and communication - it probably tells you nothing at first glance. But if you've worked with me you'd know I love the challenge of hard problems and finding creative, simple solutions. That's what has really tied my career together. Be it a tough mathematical problem, an interesting product/technology,
With a diverse background spanning strategy, technology, science, design and communication - it probably tells you nothing at first glance. But if you've worked with me you'd know I love the challenge of hard problems and finding creative, simple solutions. That's what has really tied my career together. Be it a tough mathematical problem, an interesting product/technology, finding the correct branding design, building high-performance teams and businesses, or teaching others how to execute a strategy - they all motivate me in different, but often very similar, ways.
Chief Technology Officer @ I currently help businesses innovate with technology, build effective teams and agile processes, reduce technical debt and introduce the best engineering practices. I also run Alliants's technology practice building Rails, Node and Angular applications for startups and blue-chips alike.
What keeps me awake at night:
- Emerging technology and how it can disrupt or innovate existing companies
- Effective software engineering practices and product processes
- How simple shifts in architecture, organisational design, and process can make drastic changes for my clients
- Effective architecture with modern technologies
- Waging war against technical debt, process inefficiency and lack of product innovation From January 2014 to Present (2 years) Client Director @ As Alliants first employee I helped our clients through a variety of technology strategy and delivery problems. I was also responsible for growing our clients and technology capability. Client Director is a really weird job title so here's some of the things I did:
- stabilised a startup by mentoring their CEO and CTO
- Acted as interim CTO for a SME, supporting their growth plans
- Designed operations strategies for luxury brands, technology strategies for travel middleware suppliers, and product strategies for startups
- Managed a program of 150 devs on a project which circa $1bn per annum From November 2009 to January 2014 (4 years 3 months) Transformation Manager @ Turned around a project to build workflow technology, simplifying the product's design to remove paper and increase analytics in the operations. Built small, tight, high performing team working the external vendor on the UX & Product Design. From January 2008 to November 2009 (1 year 11 months) Process Analyst @ Joined Skandia to learn about Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma, and their application to non manufacturing environments. Really helped shaped my current thinking on startups and software engineering. From December 2006 to January 2008 (1 year 2 months) Communications Consultant @ From 2002 to 2002 (less than a year) Editor @ From 2000 to 2002 (2 years)
PhD, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance @ The University of Manchester From 2002 to 2006 MChem, 1st class (hons) @ The University of Manchester From 2001 to 2002 Lee-Jon Ball is skilled in: Strategy, Program Management, Business Transformation, Change Management, E-commerce, Start-ups, Web Development, User Experience, Agile Methodologies, Process Improvement, Consulting, Idea Generation, Ruby on Rails, Management, CRM
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension