Event Coordinator @ Sequoia Company of Restaurants
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Communications @
The University of Calgary
Sales Manager @ From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Catering Sales Manager @ Report to Director of Sales & Marketing. Handle complex social and local corporate catering opportunities that are above sales office parameters (100+ covers). Contract and close local catering business and then over business in a a properly and timely fashion for quality service
Sales Manager @ From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Catering Sales Manager @ Report to Director of Sales & Marketing. Handle complex social and local corporate catering opportunities that are above sales office parameters (100+ covers). Contract and close local catering business and then over business in a a properly and timely fashion for quality service delivery. Achieve catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue. Implement brand service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Respond to incoming catering opportunities for the property as well as proactively solicit new accounts and grow new markets in local catering
• Identify, qualify and solicit new catering business to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
• Use negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Work with the sales & marketing team to create and implement a catering sales plan addressing revenue, customers and market.
• Design, develop and sell creative catered events.
• Maximize revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and beverage and develop specialty menus that drive sales and target specific markets and clientele
• Build and Maintain successful client relationships
• Host client events. mixers and attend trade shows to target accounts and bring in new leads
• Work collaboratively with off-property sales channels to establish coordinated sales efforts that are complementary
• Execute exceptional customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and during their event
• Understand customer needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott brand.
Markets Include: Local Corporate, SMERF, Association, Non-Profit, Wedding From May 2011 to Present (4 years 8 months) Vancouver, Canada AreaEvent Coordinator @ Report to Sales Manager for the Sequoia Group of Restaurants. Handle all on property inquiries for events 12-200 pax. Maintain and build relationships with repeat customers.
Monitoring Event & Restaurant Sales
• Responsible for meeting and exceeding on-property sales goals.
• Driving menu prices, average cheque, and up selling all existing bookings
• Contributing to daily, weekly, and monthly financial reports
• Assist in putting together yearly budget and targets
• Lead all client site visits and tours
• Drafting BEO (Banquet Event Orders), meeting with culinary, operations, and management team to go through event details
• Planning and serving event details (floor plans, timeline, menu and wine selections)
• Responsible for billing, payment, invoicing, and collecting payment.
• Event follow up, re-solicitation, and event post mortems
• Build and maintain relationships with relative vendors From 2009 to 2011 (2 years) Sales Specialist @ • Responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals,
• Maintaining excellent customer service, clientele development, and relationships.
• Responsible for organizing and executing successful client events
• Maintaining client relationships, trust, and brand loyalty
• Contributing to head office → reports, budget, and sales successes
• Communicating needs for changing product & clients changing needs,
• Visual Merchandising of ladies department From 2006 to 2007 (1 year) Sales Associate @ • Responsible for meeting daily targets (sales per hour)
• Was within top 5 Sales Associates of Aritzia Canada
• Assist in organizing and executing special clientele events
• Contributing ideas regarding purchasing, sales, and merchandising
• Communicating regularly with Sales Office From August 2003 to April 2006 (2 years 9 months)
Culinary Arts @ Vancouver Community College From 2008 to 2009 Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Communications @ The University of Calgary From 2002 to 2006 Koreena Singh is skilled in: Catering, Hospitality, Hotels, Hotel Management, Event Management, Banquets, Food & Beverage, Sales, Meeting Planning, Hospitality Industry, Hospitality Management, Event Planning, Customer Service, Corporate Events, Social Networking
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension