Regional Sales Manager - Northeast (NY, CT, MA, RI, VT, NH, ME) - School Education Group @ McGraw-Hill Education
State University of New York at Binghamton
Account Executive @ Workday (NYSE: WDAY) is a leading provider of enterprise cloud-based applications for human capital management (HCM), payroll, financial management, time tracking, procurement, and employee expense management. Our applications are designed to manage complex and dynamic operating environments. We provide our customers highly adaptable, accessible, and reliable applications to manage critical business functions that enable
Account Executive @ Workday (NYSE: WDAY) is a leading provider of enterprise cloud-based applications for human capital management (HCM), payroll, financial management, time tracking, procurement, and employee expense management. Our applications are designed to manage complex and dynamic operating environments. We provide our customers highly adaptable, accessible, and reliable applications to manage critical business functions that enable them to optimize their financial and human capital resources. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans: Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday combines a lower cost of ownership with an innovative new approach to enterprise applications. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Enterprise Account Executive @ • Responsible for meeting and exceeding new sales and renewal objectives selling technology solutions, including software and services (SAAS) to higher education clients in an effort to build long-term relationships with Executive level clients (Provost, Chief Information Officer, Chief Technology Officer, President, Director, and Vice President of Academic Affairs).
• Promote creative solutions across all Blackboard platforms (Learn LMS, Cloud based Managed Hosting, Training, Consulting, Educational and Strategic Services, Analytics, Mobile, Collaborate Web Conferencing, Connect SMS Texting and Emergency Mass Notification Systems.
• Operationalize annual plans with the assistance of Solution Engineers, Product Specialists, Sales Management and other functional leads as appropriate.
• Conduct quarterly onsite client business reviews (including preparation and follow-up).
• Have final responsibility for contract renewals (as part of assigned book of business) including price negotiation, deal approval, client interactions regarding the renewal and ensuring overall client satisfaction with Blackboard. From July 2013 to July 2015 (2 years 1 month) District Sales Manager - Northeast (NY, CT, MA, RI, VT, NH, ME) - School Education Group @ • Recruit, train, develop and manage an effective sales district consisting of 10 sales representatives selling Pre K-6 educational print and digital solutions to elementary school districts, Superintendents, Principals, Assistant Principals, and key decision making Coordinators in NY, CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, and VT.
• Accountable for achieving sales goals totaling to approximately $32 million, implementing sales strategies, strategic territory analysis, responding to RFP’s, event planning, financial management, forecasting (via Salesforce CRM), goal setting, price negotiation with prospective clients, expense and budget control. From April 2011 to July 2013 (2 years 4 months) District Sales Manager @ • Recruit, train, develop and manage an effective sales district consisting of 7 sales representatives selling print and digital E-Learning solutions to colleges and universities.
• Accountable for achieving sales goals totaling to approximately $15 million, implementing sales strategies, strategic territory analysis, event planning, financial management, as well as soliciting editorial and marketing support. From November 2010 to April 2011 (6 months) Senior Field Sales Representative/ Custom Editor - Selling Print and Digital E-Learning Solutions @ • Acquired over 100 new titles, managed multiple revisions, recruited authors, negotiated contracts, managed deadlines and budgets, and prepared manuscripts for production.
• Coordinated and conducted various training sessions with new and experienced sales representatives across all disciplines— representatives achieved an increase in custom print and media sales.
• Worked with University Provosts, Chairs, and Deans to create customized websites, videos, USB drive devices, and DVD’s to support campus wide E-Learning initiatives. From July 2007 to November 2010 (3 years 5 months) Sales Representative @ • Proven track record for increasing Allyn & Bacon/Longman sales by $900,000 in a $2.7 million Humanities, Social Sciences, and Education territory consisting of ten colleges and universities in Long Island, Queens, and Manhattan. Increased 2007 QI – QIII Allyn & Bacon/Longman sales by $300,000 (11%) and 2006 Allyn & Bacon/Longman sales by $450,000 (17%). Increased 2006 custom sales by $205,000 (80%), following a $250,000 (9%) Allyn & Bacon/Longman increase in 2005. Increased Allyn & Bacon/Longman sales from Feb. – Dec. 2004 by $190,000 (18%).
• Won numerous district, regional, and national sales, marketing, and editorial contests, including: Member of the Pearson Chairman’s Club/ Leadership Council (awarded Trip to Dublin Ireland in 2006); #1 Custom Editor in 2009 Bookstore purchase order contest, #1 Custom Editor in 2008 Bookstore purchase order contest, #1 sales representative in nation at 2006 August NSM; Allyn & Bacon/Longman 2006 National Closer’s Club; Million Dollar Club Winner for selling most English titles for the Northeast Region Q1-Q3 2006; #1 Education Northeast Representative for Allyn & Bacon at August 2006 NSM; 2006 Q1-Q3 District Tracking Contest; 2006 Q1-Q3 District Sales Contest; 2006 First Day of Class District Technology Sales Contest; 2005 Q4 National Sales Contest; 2005 Q4 District Takeaway Contest; Q1-Q3 2005 District Rolls Contest; #1 National MR Submissions 2004; #1 Team at Spring 2004 New Representative Training.
• Awarded District Socrates CRM Champion role and trained several colleagues in CRM tracking and “MyLab” media..
• Presented to entire company at two National Sales Meetings at National Sales Manager’s request, ran Socrates CRM training session at National Sales Meeting at Addison Wesley Higher Education Sales System team request, led CRM tracking session at Regional Sales Meeting at Regional Manager’s request. From September 2003 to July 2007 (3 years 11 months) Kindergarten Teacher @ • Taught 30 students, 50% ESL, trained and managed full-time paraprofessional, in a Corrective Action school.
• Incorporated technology into the curriculum, including PowerPoint presentation and videos at commencement to motivate and showcase student achievement.
• Asked by principal to be the lead teacher and model math and literacy lessons to help other teachers improve instruction in their classrooms. From May 2001 to August 2003 (2 years 4 months)
MS ED, Education, 3.95 GPA @ St. John's University From 2001 to 2003 BA, Sociology, Spanish, 3.53 GPA @ State University of New York at Binghamton From 1997 to 2001 High School Diploma @ Horace Mann School From 1994 to 1997 Kim Yuster is skilled in: SaaS, Enterprise Software, Salesforce.com, Academic Publishing, E-Learning, Textbooks, Learning Management Systems, Training, Publishing, Leadership, Sales, CRM, Books, Content Development, Digital Media
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension