Khurram P. Sheikh, 44, is presently President of SiBEAM -a gigabit wireless technology company based in Silicon Valley. SiBEAM is the pioneer of millimeter wave wireless beam-forming technology that is shaping the future of 5G. He is also an active board member of a number of start-up companies focused on breakthrough technologies that are shaping the communication
Khurram P. Sheikh, 44, is presently President of SiBEAM -a gigabit wireless technology company based in Silicon Valley. SiBEAM is the pioneer of millimeter wave wireless beam-forming technology that is shaping the future of 5G. He is also an active board member of a number of start-up companies focused on breakthrough technologies that are shaping the communication ecosystem from the device to the cloud.
Most recently Mr. Sheikh was the Chief Executive Officer at Powerwave Technologies, Inc. Previously he was the Chief Technology Officer & President,Global Business Units where he lead product development, engineering, R&D, business development and global product/business units for the company. Mr.Sheikh was ranked in the Top 10 CTOs for 2012 by ExecRank for his leadership in the wireless and Internet industry.
Mr. Sheikh was employed by Time Warner Cable from August 2005 through 2007, as Vice President, Wireless Strategy and Development where he was responsible for the cable and media company’s entry into the wireless space. Between 2000 and 2005, Mr. Sheikh was Chief Technology Advisor for various divisions within Sprint where he led the next generation advanced technology efforts for the company.
Mr. Sheikh is widely recognized in the industry for his pioneering efforts in the development of mobile wireless broadband or “4G” wireless technology. He had the distinct honor of building the world's first 4G network. He developed the concept of "Inside Out " Networks that is the corner stone of next generation small cell wireless base stations for indoor and outdoor data capacity and ubiquitous coverage.
Specialties: Executive Management, Technology Strategy and Planning, Network Architecture, Mobile Internet and Broadband Wireless Communications, IP Software Defined Networking, Global Business Development, Product Development, Intellectual Property Management, Global Outsourcing, Corporate Restructuring, Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
President @ SiBEAM is a pioneer in developing intelligent millimeter wave technologies for wireless communications. The company was the first to build 60GHz chipsets using standard CMOS technology. SiBEAM is a global leader in driving next-generation architecture and semiconductor implementation of wireless connectivity solutions in the consumer electronics, mobile, enterprise and infrastructure markets. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Silicon Image, Inc From December 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) Chief Strategy & Technology Officer @ Silicon Image (SIMG) is a leading provider of multimedia connectivity solutions and services for mobile, consumer electronics and PC markets. Silicon Image's semiconductor and intellectual property products feature wireless and wired technologies that deliver connectivity across a wide array of devices in the home, office and on the go. Silicon Image has driven the creation of the industry standards HDMI®, DVI™, MHL® and WirelessHD®, and offers manufacturers comprehensive standards interoperability and compliance testing services via its wholly-owned subsidiary, Simplay Labs. For more information, visit http://www.siliconimage.com/. From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaFounder & Chief Executive Officer @ From September 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) Charter Member @ From 2007 to Present (8 years) Chief Executive Officer @ • Promoted to CEO position to execute strategic sale of company assets.
• Raised funds for sales process through credit agreements, customer early payments and global restructuring.
• Successfully sold IP and technology assets to multi-billion dollar private equity firm. From April 2013 to September 2013 (6 months) Orange County, California AreaChief Technology Officer & President,Global Business Units @ • Corporate officer responsible for product development, engineering, R&D, business development and global product business units.
• Product portfolio management responsibility for $500M-900M annual revenue with $50-90M R&D budget
• Lead a global team of over 500 engineers and product managers globally in diverse areas of RF, IP, wireless systems and software networking technologies: antennas, filters, amplifiers, remote radio heads, distributed antenna systems (DAS) and small cells.
• Developed and nurtured an IP portfolio of over 1500 global issued patents and patent applications.
• Chairman of the Technical Advisory Board comprising Gov. Tom Ridge, Secy. Whit Peters, Prof. Ted Rappaport, Prof. A. Paulraj and Gen. David Deptula.
• Developed and deployed the world’s first LTE-WiFI small cell base station
• Ranked in the top 10 CTOs by Exec Rank for 2012. http://execrank.com/2012/08/top-chief-technology-officer/ From August 2007 to March 2013 (5 years 8 months) Vice President, Wireless Strategy & Development @ • Corporate officer at Time Warner Cable (TWC) $38B market-cap cable company subsidiary of the world’s largest media company Time Warner Inc.(TWX).
• Lead executive responsible for defining, planning and executing the cable company’s wireless strategy, technology/engineering and development plans. Also, leading the development of a converged services architecture bridging wireless and wireline services. From August 2005 to August 2007 (2 years 1 month) Chief Technology Advisor @ Nov-2003- Aug 2005 Sprint- Technology Development Chief Technology Advisor
- Lead enterprise-wide technology assessment, research & development, end-end network architecture & design, technology trials and strategic development of next generation wireless solutions
Lead strategic development & incubation efforts for ecosystem enablement across different domains: chips, infrastructure providers, device manufacturers, software providers and international operators
Oct 2001-Oct 2003 Sprint- Mass Markets Business Unit
Chief Technology Advisor
- Lead the world’s largest full-scale technical trials of second generation NLOS broadband wireless technologies in 2001-02 in Houston & Montreal using Navini & IP Wireless technologies
- Evaluated over 100 technology solutions from start-ups to major network providers in diverse areas of broadband & and advanced wireless technologies
Jan 2000-Sep 2001 Sprint- Broadband Wireless Group (BWG)Chief Technology Advisor-Senior Director
- Create technology and business evolution plans for new business unit for fixed wireless broadband, both first generation and second generation technologies
- Leader of end-end technology and architecture group for new business unit and “shepherd”/incubate numerous start-ups in silicon valley From January 2000 to August 2005 (5 years 8 months) Senior Consultant @ Sep 1997-Dec 1999 Sprint-Advanced Technology Labs
Senior Consultant/ Senior Manager
- Lead technical due diligence for acquisition of MMDS spectrum (2.5-2.7 GHz) nationwide ($1.2B investment)
- Implemented the largest smart antenna (MIMO) channel simulator testbed for technology evaluation and testing. Co-author of “Stanford- Sprint RF channel model” that is now part of IEEE802.16 standards
- Lead technical evaluations and lab testing for 3G/IMT-2000, 1xRTT, 1x-EV-DO, 802.11a/b, MIMO, OFDM, free-space optics, software radios, millimeter-wave systems, Bluetooth, Mobile IP, WML/WAP technologies.
Oct 1996-Sep 1997 Sprint-Advanced Technology Labs Burlingame
Consultant/ Lead Engineer
- Lead joint R&D efforts on advanced wireless technologies with Stanford, NEC Princeton labs, UC San Diego, UC Berkeley & HP labs and created advanced wireless research group
- Worked on advanced broadband technologies including DOCSIS cable, fiber based WDM, 802.11, & millimeter wave radios
June 1996-Sep 1996 Sprint-Advanced Technology Labs Burlingame
- Implemented the world’s first LMDS (28-31 GHz) radio system in collaboration with HP labs, Palo Alto From 1996 to 1999 (3 years)
Design Thinking Bootcamp, d.School @ Stanford Graduate School of Business From 2010 to 2010 Product Development @ Harvard Business School From 2005 to 2005 EE- Wireless Communications @ Stanford University From 1994 to 1999 BSEE, EE @ North West Frontier Province University of Engineering and Technology From 1989 to 1993 Khurram Sheikh is skilled in: Product Development, Network Architecture, Outsourcing, Executive Management, Global Business Development, Wireless, Product Management, Mobile, Mobile Devices, LTE, Strategy, Start-ups, WiFi, Business Development, RF
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension