Category Manager - Transport, Distribution & Packaging @
Enfield Grammar School
Delivery focussed procurement professional with a proven track record at Royal Mail, Mercedes Benz, BP, Unipart & Calor Gas. A self-starter, trained to the highest standards in purchasing practices that can demonstrate strong negotiation skills and commercial awareness based on results. Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to continuously deliver specific procurement projects within budget and
Delivery focussed procurement professional with a proven track record at Royal Mail, Mercedes Benz, BP, Unipart & Calor Gas. A self-starter, trained to the highest standards in purchasing practices that can demonstrate strong negotiation skills and commercial awareness based on results. Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to continuously deliver specific procurement projects within budget and timescale.
Indirect Category Buying Manager @ Management of Indirect Category buying team. Key focus to implement, establish, manage & support the Indirect Team to deliver "best in class" procurement services. Key commodities managed: PPE, Agency Labour, Stationery, Alarms & CCTV, Extinguishers, Small Tools, Janitorials, FM Services, IT Peripherals, Reprographics, Water Coolers, Couriers, Drain Clearance, Bottled Gas, Fuel, Lubricants, Security Services
Start date - 17th August 2015 From July 2015 to Present (6 months) Northampton, United KingdomGroup Purchasing Manager @ Overall responsibility of business purchasing & inventory policies & processes with an annual spend of circa £150m. Development & implementation of improved governance, including E procurement tools. Successful delivery of significant procurement activity for a varied spectrum of direct and indirect goods and services reaping significant savings and business process improvements. From May 2012 to July 2015 (3 years 3 months) Category Manager - Transport, Distribution & Packaging @ Category Manager responsible for expenditure pot of £186m. Excellent stakeholder engagement generated ever increasing involvement in all strategic projects in the areas of domestic & global distribution and the procurement and management of fleet and fuel.
• Creation of Group procurement strategy for distribution - signed off by key internal stakeholders
• Procurement lead in 1st group wide parcel distribution tender – spend circa £65m
• Procurement lead in management of BskyB’s van fleet – Savings of £3.5m from first batch of 800 vans.
• All personal objective targets for 2011 achieved –Exceeded savings target by saving £5.3m From December 2009 to May 2012 (2 years 6 months) Interim HR & Professional Services Purchasing Specialist @ Employed to take on management of a portfolio of global contracts and supplier relationships working in BP’s HR & Professional Services team with an annual spend exceeding $1billion.
• Lead in the rationalisation of 80 Recruitment Agencies down to 12
• Outplacement Services rationalised, 39% cost saving of $1.2m
• Lead role in the formation of the Sourcing Strategy for Training
• Management of multiple HR, Training and Professional Services agreements From March 2009 to December 2009 (10 months) London, United KingdomIndirect Category Purchasing Manager @ Management of all indirect spend in support of a Formula 1 engine production facility. Early success & commended customer focus lead to portfolio being extended to include utilities, rates, insurance, inter business agreements.
• Presented long term utility procurement strategy to board – won board support.
• Generated 25% saving on utilities. Controlled prices for next four years
• 15% cost saving across indirect services spend
• Initiated robust vendor management system for major suppliers leading to improved performance From April 2008 to February 2009 (11 months) Indrect Purchasing Consultant @ Following a career break (adopted two children in 2004). Created own company aiming to grow professionalism in indirect procurement. Interim placements providing purchasing services to a wide variety of categories
• Designed & implemented vendor management solutions
• Creation of sourcing strategies, undertaking market & risk analysis exercises
• Development and implementation of innovative business wide strategies, standards and specifications with coaching to introduce business change
• Provision of end to end procurement activities including applied knowledge of contract law to secure client advantage From September 2004 to April 2008 (3 years 8 months) Procurement Manager @ 20 years of invaluable experience working within its globally recognised procurement function. Pre-dominantly my work was for Parcelforce Worldwide - commercially focussed towards driving innovation and competitive advantage into the business. I exited Royal Mail career with a sharply focussed set of skills that demonstrated a continual record of delivering key projects with higher than target yield in terms of cost saving & operational benefits. The last five projects I managed were:
2003 / 4 - Re-engineered RM Groups clothing supply chain
2001 / 3 - Introducing "franchisee" model into Parcelforce Worldwide
2000 - Parcelforce Worldiwde agency staff provision
1999 - Long haul air freight and European sea freight
1998 - Implementation of SAP ERP system & centralisation of Parcelforce Worldwide procurement From April 1985 to September 2004 (19 years 6 months)
MCIPS, Purchasing & Supply Management @ Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply From 1996 to 1999 Enfield Grammar School From 1974 to 1979 Kevin Wing is skilled in: Supplier Management, Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, Negotiation, Contract Negotiation, Team Leadership, Competitive Tendering, Risk Assessment, Stakeholder Management, Contract Management, Supply Management, Management, Supply Chain Management, Change Management, Purchasing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension