BA, Communication Studies @
University of the West Indies, St. Augustine Campus
Welcome to my profile!
I'm an integrated marketing professional and digital enthusiast with international experience. I hold a Master's degree from NYU in Integrated Marketing and over six years of experience in sales and implementing multi-channel marketing and advertising campaigns. I have also provided exemplary results both locally and internationally to drive global brand strategy and business
Welcome to my profile!
I'm an integrated marketing professional and digital enthusiast with international experience. I hold a Master's degree from NYU in Integrated Marketing and over six years of experience in sales and implementing multi-channel marketing and advertising campaigns. I have also provided exemplary results both locally and internationally to drive global brand strategy and business success.
Most importantly, I have an effervescent personality and an ability to easily transcend cultural differences with my interpersonal skills.
I enjoy being an active member of the Membership Connections Committee for the Advertising Women of New York (AWNY).
Passion: Developing marketing strategy and content that will directly target and engage audiences.
Career Interests: Marketing & Communications Strategy, Digital Strategy, Content Marketing, Storytelling, Brand Marketing, Inbound Marketing, Social Media
Specialties: Agency experience; Campaign & Account Management; Ability to solve problems, work with various teams and multiple personalities with ease; Digital Strategy; Event Marketing; Feature Writing/Blogging
If you're passionate about marketing as I am, let's connect!
Associate, Global Brand Communications @ MRM//McCann is a global customer experience-marketing agency, part of the Interpublic Group. The agency has 40+ offices across North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
• Managing internal communications for global agency
• Community and Social Media management - Managing all social media channels to publicize global agency news, case studies, awards and activities
• Content Strategy/Management
• Digital Marketing Analytics and campaign performance reports
• Marketing Communications
• Working directly with the Senior Vice President of Global Brand Communications on global communications projects, sponsorship, management of events and panels
• Relationship management
• Coordinating and Liaising with executive office leads and communication ambassadors of over 40 offices on communication initiatives
• Working directly with global executive team to achieve overall business goals From November 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Greater New York City AreaAd Account Management @ LiveIntent makes email advertising real-time, using machine learning and Big Data to serve ads in premium publisher newsletters on any device.
• Client Services: Manage client accounts, attend kick off calls with clients and account executives.
• Ad Sales Collaboration: Work with sales team to create client proposals, mock ups and presentations. Pull inventory avails for RFPs and media plans.
• Consumer Market Segments: Use Nielsen segments and other marketing segmentation research like Bizo to effectively target campaigns.
• Campaign Management: Pull campaign reports within LiveIntent's platform, Dart and Sizmek to ensure campaigns are pacing/performing well and spending. Work with Ad ops to set up, adjust and optimize campaigns. Communicate ad specifications for display advertising and creative lead times to advertisers/agencies and provide any required documentation for creative delivery and set up.
• Daily Reporting: Provide Direct Response and Branding clients with campaign performance reports.
• Wrap up reports: Compile comprehensive end-of-campaign presentation decks where performance metrics and data are analyzed to uncover unique findings and make future recommendations. From April 2014 to November 2014 (8 months) Greater New York City AreaDigital Marketing Analyst @ TVI is a digital agency that specializes in branding, design, web development, and marketing for the hospitality and food and beverage industry.
• Analytics: Conducted ongoing analytic reporting for food and beverage industry clientele
• Business Development: Collaborated with team on business development strategies; developed audits and presentations to acquire new clientele
• Client Acquisition: Evaluated prospective clients’ marketing problems and conducted audits on website and mobile UX, branding, social media, content strategy and SEO for proposals
• Content & Email Strategy: Analyzed existing email management issues and mailing lists and developed an effective strategy and content calendar to increase open and click through rates
• Testing & Optimization: Reviewed A/B testing for email marketing campaigns
• Outreach Strategy: Developed engagement strategy to increase brand awareness and increase leads
• Community Management: Generated insights from social analytics tools and managed social media campaign for food chain client
• SOP Development: Developed standard procedures and processes for social media and SEO mini audits.
• Copywriting: Wrote copy for blog and email campaigns From October 2013 to January 2014 (4 months) Greater New York City AreaPresident @ • Collaborated with the team to create and develop weekly content in the field of Inbound Marketing. • Blogged, managed the team the Clinic's operations. Blog posts can be found on www.searchdecoder.com
The Inbound Marketing Clinic is a collaborative initiative among Master of Science students in the Integrated Marketing program at the NYU School of Continuing Professional Studies and led by faculty member, Adjunct Assist. Professor, Matthew Capala, Head of Search at Profero and Founder/Chief Editor of the Search Decoder Blog - www.searchdecoder.com
The Inbound Marketing Clinic's mission is to stimulate students’ creative expression in the key areas of inbound marketing (blogging, content, search, social) through practical application of inbound marketing tools and strategies, including:
• Blog creation tools (i.e. WordPress)
• Blog promotion apps and widgets
• Content co-creation
• Blog guest posting
• Social media optimization
• Video production and editing
• Traffic generation
• Audience development From February 2013 to January 2014 (1 year) Greater New York City AreaSEO Intern @ Responsibilities included:
• link building
• optimizing content From January 2013 to July 2013 (7 months) Greater New York City AreaSEO Analyst Freelancer @ Profero is a full service, integrated digital marketing agency operating across nine offices, with over 650 employees globally. Its services typically include digital marketing, creative media, technology, UX and strategy.
• Content Optimization: Edited and optimized New York Times Talks YouTube videos and Smirnoff Vodka Press Releases to improve search visibility according to SEO best practices
• Keyword Research & Off Page SEO: Conducted keyword research using Google Adwords and other tools; directory/citation listings for other brands like Mohegan Sun and TRESemme’ From January 2013 to June 2013 (6 months) Greater New York City AreaAccount Coordinator @ McCann is a global advertising agency network specializing in 360 degree campaigns, with offices in 120 countries.
• Campaign Ideation: Brainstormed on award winning projects
• Account Management: Coordinated advertising campaigns/projects for BP, TSTT/bmobile, Nestle and other accounts and ensured that all projects and communication were consistent with each brand's identity
• Developed briefs per project for creative execution; executed projects on behalf of clients from start to finish and worked directly with creative team which resulted in winning several Gold and Silver Addy awards - two of which included the gold and silver for bpTT Corporate campaign and Special Event campaign respectively in 2010
• Liaised with clients and creative team daily to ensure all expectations and deadlines were met
• Relationship Management: Maintained positive relationships with clients
• External contract negotiation: Sourced talent and external vendors per project; negotiated contracts
• Competitor Research: Monitored clients’ competitors in traditional and social media
• Operations: Prepared Job tickets, estimates, billing, call reports and all other correspondence From 2009 to 2011 (2 years) Trinidad and TobagoSales and Functions (Event) Coordinator @ Kapok Hotel is a 94 room independent boutique hotel with outstanding fine dining restaurants and conference facilities. The 10-story building provides outstanding event spaces for corporate events, weddings and celebrations.
• Business Development and Client Retention: Maintained client relationships to promote business and new ventures
• Sales: Generated revenue for the hotel with a sales team of four to meet quarterly sales objectives for conference facilities, wedding spaces and other special events; researched competitors
• Event Management and Quality Assurance: Organized all client events while managing their budgets, worked cross functionally with staff throughout the hotel to ensure the success of events and conducted quality checks before all functions and events to ensure high standards were met
• Content management and Copywriting: Launched and edited internal news publication as a collaborative initiative with HR to boost employee morale and engagement From 2007 to 2009 (2 years) Public Relations Project Assistant Intern for AFETT (Association of Female Executives of T&T) @ Mango Media Caribbean is an integrated marketing communications firm working with small and large businesses, government entities and many types of organizations across the business and social service spectrum in the Caribbean region. Mango Media Caribbean utilizes their capacity in employing strategies with a results-driven approach that leads to proven outcomes for their clients.
“Top Five” Project and SHE Biz Magazine Launch - Judette Coward & Associates/Mango Media Caribbean - 2006
• Liaised with stakeholders and invitees and coordinated the execution of launch event
• Wrote media releases to increase awareness of event From 2006 to 2006 (less than a year) Trinidad and Tobago
MS, Integrated Marketing - (Focus: Digital Marketing) @ New York University From 2012 to 2013 BA, Communication Studies @ University of the West Indies, St. Augustine Campus From 2004 to 2007 Associate of Arts (A.A.), Public Relations and Journalism @ College of Science, Technology and Applied Arts of Trinidad and Tobago From 2002 to 2004 Keisha Stephen-Gittens is skilled in: Integrated Marketing, Social Media, Blogging, Digital Marketing, Analytics, Nielsen, DoubleClick, Inbound Marketing, Content Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Content Strategy, Social Media Marketing, Advertising, SEO
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension