Hailing from Nashville, Tennessee, I relocated to Kansas City to begin my career in collegiate recruiting, specifically in the engineering and construction industries. I have been with Black & Veatch since 2013 and I currently support recruiting engineers, construction professionals, and numerous collegiate graduates and interns within the United States and Canada. I love watching SEC football,
Hailing from Nashville, Tennessee, I relocated to Kansas City to begin my career in collegiate recruiting, specifically in the engineering and construction industries. I have been with Black & Veatch since 2013 and I currently support recruiting engineers, construction professionals, and numerous collegiate graduates and interns within the United States and Canada. I love watching SEC football, eating chocolate glazed donuts, and my corgi named Dixie (follow her on Instagram...yes I'm 100% serious... @whatdixiedo).
Since 1915, Black & Veatch has been a leader in the engineering, consulting, and construction industries. We specialize in five major markets:
Black & Veatch has consistently achieved high rankings in our industries. Some of our rankings from the Engineering News-Record (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms Sourcebook (July 2, 2012) and Top 500 Design Firms Magazine (April 25, 2013) are listed below.
•14 Top 500 Design Firms
•15 Top 50 Designers in International Markets
•1 Top 25 in Fossil Fuel
•3 Top 20 in Power
•4 Top 25 in Transmission and Distribution Plants
•6 Top 25 in Nuclear Plants
•9 Top 15 in Hydroplants
•15 Top 25 in Solar Power
•17 Top 25 in Wind Power
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States, Black & Veatch is headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas. We have over 10,000 professionals, 110 offices worldwide and projects in over 100 countries.
College Recruiter @ - Support with various business lines, hiring managers, and human resource business partners to hire hundreds of various disciplined engineers, construction professionals, and numerous college graduates and interns within the United States and Canada. I provide support to hiring managers including information related to the college market conditions, trends, candidate selection, and compensation recommendations.
- Conduct full life-cycle engineering recruiting (sourcing through various outlets, on and off-campus, online and through internal referral channels to bring the best and brightest engineers to Black & Veatch. I consistently meet my hiring goals, time to fill expectations, and conduct trainings related to campus recruiting to hiring managers and campus teams.
- Host and attend numerous events on campus ranging from career fairs, employer spotlights, resume building workshops, ethic workshops, and information sessions. I typically present to thousands of students during a campus recruiting season. I also establish and maintain relationships with university faculty, career service staff, and professors nationwide to help increase brand exposure and reputation on campus will managing large scale recruiting budgets and donation allocations for my assigned universities.
- Help manage our global internship program through forecasting, event planning, orientation (in person and virtually), event execution, supervisory best practice training, mentorship training, intern performance review, and returning intern and full-time offers.
- I have experience working with Kenexa Brassring ATS, Taleo ATS, Avature CRM, and Successfactors BluePrint systems.
- Most importantly, I am a trusted professional to our candidates – keeping continuous contact and providing guidance throughout the hiring process. From April 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) Recruiting Coordinator / College Liaision - Construction & Procurement @ -Supported the Construction & Procurement recruiting organization in all facets of the recruiting life-cycle for both domestic and international hires.
-Coordinated the applicant process, including arranging interviews, booking travel and creating appropriate correspondence striving for the best candidate interview experience possible. While in the recruiting process I helped develop internal and external relationships with candidates and hiring managers.
-Responsible for initiating and tracking the on boarding of new professionals. Beginning at the moment the professional signs their offer letter, to when they arrive on site for their first day of Global New Professional Orientation, I acted as their personal on boarding concierge.
-Assisted the professional with tasks such as our drug testing process, background check, and company-wide policy and procedures review. I also helped monitor the visa application process for our international hires while working closely with the Black & Veatch Global Mobility team.
-Campus recruiting assistance - I was assigned the secondary role as the Construction & Procurement division College Liaison. I helped act as a liaison between the Construction & Procurement division managers, our Young Professional Development Program team and our College Recruitment team. This includes tasks as assisting with assigning/attending career fairs, classroom presentations, and interview days. I coordinated interview pre-selects, phone, web-based, and on-site interviews. Finally, I helped coordinator all of our Construction & Procurement interns, based at our home office, domestically, and internationally. From May 2013 to March 2014 (11 months) College Recruiting Assistant @ -Helped assist company-wide recruiting efforts for both college and regional teams. This includes working with recruiters to bring the most qualified and talented collegiate candidates and interns into the company.
-Work ranged from sourcing candidates and being the candidate’s main contact during their interview and transitioning to the onboarding experience. gaining the
-Supported planning the logistical systems of our extensive career fair schedule, promoting career fair visibility through the use of social media platforms and planning events for our large internship program. From May 2012 to May 2013 (1 year 1 month) Kansas City, Missouri AreaMarketing Intern @ Involved in new business development strategies with Advent Sales Team, Conducted market research activities to identify growth opportunities, Supported the Project Management teams by running various errands, and facilitated CMS data entry and social media integration for redesign of Adventresults.com From January 2011 to May 2012 (1 year 5 months) Stylist @ Actively sought and retained clients through direct marketing
Specialized in styling for special events and seasonal wardrobes
Contributed ideas to floor set designs for efficiency and appeal
Maintained a client list with whom I kept in contact with discussing needs and upcoming events From November 2009 to July 2011 (1 year 9 months)
BBA, Double Major: Marketing - Social Media, Management - Leadership @ Belmont University From 2008 to 2012 Franklin High School From 2004 to 2008 Katie Carrothers is skilled in: Microsoft Office, Prezi, Facebook, Social Media, LinkedIn, Taleo, College Recruiting, Twitter, FourSquare, Oracle Applications, Outlook, Recruiting, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, InterAction, Career Fairs
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension