Staff Writer @ - Conduct interviews, gather information, and write community news stories about Menlo Park for The Almanac, a daily online news and weekly print publication. From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Development Coordinator @ - Wrote more than 25 distinct grants and 30 grant reports, enabling the Development Team to raise $2.04 million. This
Staff Writer @ - Conduct interviews, gather information, and write community news stories about Menlo Park for The Almanac, a daily online news and weekly print publication. From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Development Coordinator @ - Wrote more than 25 distinct grants and 30 grant reports, enabling the Development Team to raise $2.04 million. This surpassed the year’s fundraising goal, and ensured one-on-one tutoring was provided to more than 1,500 local struggling K-5 readers.
- Composed regional communications, including a monthly newsletter with a circulation of 18,000, contributed to the national Reading Partners blog, and managed all regional social media, growing Twitter followers by 40% and Facebook page likes by 700%. From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) San Francisco Bay AreaIntern & Contributor @ - Contributed one to two 750-1,200 word first-person essays per week to Enchantress Magazine. From January 2015 to May 2015 (5 months) News Reporter @ - Gathered information, conducted interviews, and wrote 1-2 news articles per week on current events and controversial issues at Dartmouth College and in Hanover, NH, yielding approximately 20 news stories.
- Demonstrated versatility and flexibility with breaking stories and conscientiously respected tight deadlines. From January 2014 to June 2014 (6 months) Undergraduate Advisor @ - Worked with a staff team to ensure safety and well-being of various residential housing clusters.
- Advised students, fostered community-building, and connected students to valuable resources. From September 2012 to June 2014 (1 year 10 months) Research Intern @ - Developed, implemented, and analyzed a Spanish language survey to accurately investigate the health and agricultural practices of farmers in Peru’s Mala and Omas Valleys, using local context to evaluate the survey tool and ensure representative sampling.
- Managed a team of four Peruvian health care workers to collect over 200 extensive surveys in four weeks.
- Coded the full data set into a Microsoft Access database and initiated statistical queries. From June 2013 to September 2013 (4 months) Snowboard Instructor @ - Taught a physical education course on intermediate snowboarding.
- Strategized new and effective instructional tactics to foster student success. From January 2013 to March 2013 (3 months) Project Preservation Research Intern @ - Researched the history of the Jewish population in Korczyna, Poland during WWII and the Holocaust using recorded oral histories and existing literature and conducted interviews of students about their experiences on the Project Preservation program.
- Co-authored a book manuscript, contributing 3 chapters on the history of the town and current student program experiences. From September 2012 to March 2013 (7 months) Child Care Provider @ - Provided weekly child care at the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) Psychiatry Department for a parenting support group. From June 2012 to December 2012 (7 months) Research Intern @ - Analyzed qualitative data of more than 1,600 respondents detailing the psychological experiences of LGBTQ individuals affiliated with the LDS Church, developed a data coding system, and conducted investigative research in consultation with field experts.
- Composed a published academic paper evaluating sexual orientation change efforts in faith-based psychotherapeutic settings. From January 2012 to March 2012 (3 months) Provo, Utah AreaBranch Manager @ - Opened a branch of the Ivy Insiders Test Prep program in Auburn, CA, generating all leads and clients.
- Engaged in community outreach by offering free SAT exams to high school students.
- Taught two SAT prep courses using differentiated instruction strategies.
- Provided intensive one-on-one SAT preparation instruction to two students. From June 2011 to September 2011 (4 months) CRI Specialist @ - Partnered with the KaeMe Foundation and Ghana's Department of Social Welfare (DSW) to implement the Care Reform Initiative.
- Created profiles for children in orphanages by gathering and recording information regarding each child's family history, medical history, academic record, and orphanage experiences. From July 2011 to August 2011 (2 months) GhanaCorrepsondent Reporter @ - Wrote several articles about and photographed key events at Colfax High School. From September 2009 to November 2009 (3 months)
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), English @ Dartmouth College From 2010 to 2014 Colfax High School From 2006 to 2010 Kate Bradshaw is skilled in: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Research, Teaching, Tutoring, Critical Thinking, Event Planning, Fundraising
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension