MBA and engineering educated professional with over 15 years progressive experience in marketing strategy, market analysis and research, strategic planning and project management. Having worked in Latin America and USA for top 100 Fortune companies, have strong understanding of business practices, people and culture in entire North and South America. A significant part of work experience is
MBA and engineering educated professional with over 15 years progressive experience in marketing strategy, market analysis and research, strategic planning and project management. Having worked in Latin America and USA for top 100 Fortune companies, have strong understanding of business practices, people and culture in entire North and South America. A significant part of work experience is that of an internal/external consultant, helping organizations to identify and implement projects that has a clear impact on the bottom line.
Specialties: Strategic planning, business/performance analysis, market analysis.
Business Analyst @ Responsible for analyzing sales, market trends to identify opportunities in the LATAM Region and the US. Analysis of KPIs and trends of the Wal-mart business (US). Monthly forecast of nutritional product line (Mexico and the US). Performance analysis of Mexico sales force.
• Reported insightful key findings of business profitability and provided with quantified recommendations on strategies by market.
• Formulated multi-country annual budget, pricing strategies and other related information at a senior management level.
• Analyzed deviations in forecast. 15 territories, 22 countries.
• Improved the efficiency and effectiveness of the sales, customer service and marketing organization by making changes in the CRM system and processes. From May 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaBusiness Consultant @ Business Consultant that support businesses in Miami and Venezuela specialized in strategic planning and marketing. Work as part of the client's team to deliver targeted solutions to increase revenue and decrease costs. From June 2010 to April 2014 (3 years 11 months) Business Development Analyst @ Conducted market analysis and research of the LATAM region to support and identify potential business development opportunities for market-entry. Bupa, International markets. Miami FL.
• Analyzed the insurance industry in Brazill and Mexico and reported insightful key findings and trends to VP and international leaders.
• Performed competitive and market analysis for the Latin American market (23 countries) and presented quantified findings: insurance industry trends and sizes, private and public health structure, healthcare needs, among others. From March 2012 to October 2012 (8 months) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaBusiness Consultant @ Participated in an M&A integration project - Sales Finance department.
• Identified the need of new processes and drove design and implementation. It included analysts’ responsibilities and monthly planning/reporting process.
• Coached 4 business analysts in P&L analysis, business analysis, financial models and processes.
• Modeled planning and reporting tools for Sales Directors to monitor account’s performance.
• Reduced the monthly and quarterly sales planning process time by 30%. Modeled financial tools that facilitated planning and data upload in SAP.
• Created the process that SAP follows to generate pricing for customers. It reduced orders on-hold by 20%. From October 2010 to October 2011 (1 year 1 month) Channel Marketing Manager @ Responsible for increasing sales and maximizing profitability of multiple channels ($80MM business). Accountable for product distribution, pricing and promotions within US division. ($1 billion privately held Consumer Packaged Goods Company with well known brands such as Black & Decker® and George Foreman Grill®)
Led channel marketing strategy and execution of all marketing activities.
Managed sales promotional budget to maximize return on investment.
Developed and monitored execution of annual budget. Worked with Sales to successfully introduce new products and increase gross profit.
Analyzed market share, POS and competition to design and implement product pricing and distribution strategies. From November 2009 to June 2010 (8 months) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaChannel Marketing Analyst @ Responsible for pricing and revenue analysis for the US division.
Led the design and implementation of a new financial/planning tool. As the subject matter expert, worked with cross-functional teams to redesign business processes and maximize profitability. The model minimized variances against plan by 2 percentage points. Project Budget $1MM.
Participated in the SKU Rationalization Project that allowed the business to reduce inventory (50MM) and meet profitability goals.
Modeled the P&L Budget for 2009. Worked with cross-functional teams, VP's and the President to define brand and customer strategies for the year.
Analyzed business performance, identified issues impacting P&L and made recommendations to management to improve profitability of top ten accounts.
Invented new ways of analyzing the business by creating tools and automating reports. From December 2007 to February 2010 (2 years 3 months) Performance Analyst (Latin America and the Caribbean region) @ Responsible for analyzing business trends and identifying marketing opportunities to drive growth in the region.
• Conducted a price analysis for BK Mexico that resulted in 4.4% sales increase. Performed competitive & market analysis and identified profitability drivers to determine optimal price by product.
• Led the 12-weeks post analysis of new product launch in Puerto Rico that resulted in adjustments to product pricing.
• Identified causes of volatility in sales of BK Mexico. Results generated new opportunities for marketing.
• Improved financial reporting process by documenting process flows, streamlining and automating certain areas. From March 2007 to November 2007 (9 months) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaMarketing Specialist (LAC region) @ Responsible for improving marketing performance of 18 countries in the LATAM region.
Performed competitive and market trend analysis and identified opportunities for growth. SWOT and KPIs analysis.
Designed the strategic marketing plans for the main 6 countries based on FedEx customer segmentation
Managed partner's marketing fund ($420K) and allocated budget in activities that support segment growth.
Coached local sales and marketing teams (16 people) in the execution of plans and other in-country tactics.
Designed and implemented approval processes to use FedEx brand and other advertising materials. It reduced partner's advertising costs by 90%. From July 2005 to November 2006 (1 year 5 months) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaMarketing Analyst @ Responsible for analyzing key performance indicators and support marketing manager in strategic planning, budgeting and communications.
Analyzed account's shipping volumes and trends to support marketing initiatives in the region.
Analyzed costs of producing and distributing marketing materials in the region to support annual plans.
Participated in the redesign process of a proprietary online system that manages sales leads for the region. From October 2004 to June 2005 (9 months) Account Support Engineer/Project leader @ Responsible for implementing a new proactive service as part of the HP Premier Service portfolio (Multi-Country Area) - LATAM
Led the project for 11 Premier customers in the region and coordinated a team of 20 engineers for the implementation phase.
Designed and implemented the 24x7 call management process to support customers when systems reported failures. Reactive calls were reduced by 10% and service contract sales increased by 5% after implementation.
Monitored HPUX and Windows NT critical systems, interpreted data and provided technical support.
Successfully managed a direct relationship with customers, created progress reports and action plans for complex issues that increased customer satisfaction by 20%. From April 2000 to July 2003 (3 years 4 months) VenezuelaTechnical Supervisor Support Engineer @ Responsible for providing customers second level of support and solving technical issues for small, medium and home office products.
Led a group of 6 call center engineers and provided them with the tools and training for customer service excellence.
Improved solution time by designing and implementing the escalation process for the region. Created databases of common issues and designed action plans for daily operations when needed. From May 1999 to March 2000 (11 months) VenezuelaSupport Engineer @ Provided technical support for small, medium and home office products.
Designed and implemented the call management process for the new Call Center in Venezuela.
Implemented call tracking systems that resulted in 30% time-saving for documentation. From September 1998 to April 1999 (8 months) VenezuelaIntern @ Implemented the entire System Development Lifecycle that allowed managers to measure performance of engineers and partners. The system developed was adopted as a proprietary tool for the management team. From March 1998 to August 1998 (6 months) Venezuela
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Business Administration and Management @ Florida International University From 2006 to 2007 BS, Systems Engineering @ Universidad Metropolitana (VE) From 1993 to 1999 Karina Fernandez is skilled in: Marketing Strategy, Competitive Analysis, Marketing Management, Pricing, Budgeting, Market Planning, Budgets, Sales, Leadership, Project Management, Marketing, Segmentation, Product Development, Analysis, Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension