Thoughtful, data-driven leader with expertise in strategic and tactical marketing, portfolio and product management, channel management, business development, finance and operations. Recognized as an effective and energetic team builder with a consistent track record of delivering results. Detailed understanding of the product and solution lifecycle. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Deep expertise with go-to-market strategy, market
Thoughtful, data-driven leader with expertise in strategic and tactical marketing, portfolio and product management, channel management, business development, finance and operations. Recognized as an effective and energetic team builder with a consistent track record of delivering results. Detailed understanding of the product and solution lifecycle. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Deep expertise with go-to-market strategy, market research, positioning, brand and communications, web, social media, inbound marketing, sales enablement, and partnerships. Strong grasp of healthcare and enterprise software. Pragmatic Marketing certified. MIT Sloan MBA.
Chief Marketing Officer, Healthcare IT @ Responsible for all aspects of marketing for $1.7B division of GE Healthcare. Lead 90-person global team.
• Contributed to 5% growth in new install orders & generated $140M of new demand funnel – 56% annual increase.
• Repositioned GE Healthcare IT as the market leader in Integrated Care Solutions through multi-faceted campaign.
• Responsible for $45M annual marketing budget – people and programs. Executed to within 0.2% of 2014 target.
• Created first-ever inbound marketing campaign, with blog that increased website traffic by 5x from prior year.
• Developed 18-month and 3-year business strategy, including opportunity assessment and go-to-market.
• Successfully executed Centricity LIVE user conference with 1,500 attendees.
• Manage teams in United States, Europe, Japan, China, Latin America and Middle East.
• Implemented cross-functional marketing framework and artifacts, from product concept gate to product launch gate, including documents for market requirements, product positioning, financial forecasts and integrated campaign plans.
• Led collaboration across GE Healthcare, Caradigm and Omnyx joint ventures to consolidate software strategy.
• Responsible for solution and product marketing, requirements, messaging, pricing, marcom & digital media, field marketing, operations, channels, enablement, go-to-market & government relations.
• Software expertise in financial & workforce management, care delivery tools, enterprise imaging, population health.
• Winner of 2014 CEO Award for “Driving Cross-Functional Collaboration.” 1 of 3 winners from 4,000 employees.
• Report directly to CEO of GE Healthcare IT and to CMO of GE Healthcare. From August 2013 to Present (2 years 5 months) Greater Boston AreaVP & GM, Clinical Business Solutions @ Led $500M P/L for 2+ quarters following surprise resignation of previous GM.
• Met quarterly targets for base cost with 39% operating margin.
• Responsible for product management, engineering, legal, finance, quality, marketing, and sales.
• Shipped ICD-10 compliant revenue cycle product, Meaningful Use 2 compliant ambulatory EMR
• Initiated move to standardize back-end software platform on GE Predix From April 2013 to September 2013 (6 months) Greater Boston AreaVP & GM, Marketing, Clinical Business Solutions & Performance Solutions @ Served as marketing leader for two businesses that total $600M in revenue.
• Clinical Business revenue grew 10% per annum for two years while maintaining 15% operating margin.
• Performance Solutions revenue grew 40% in FY12 and operating margin improved 38% YoY.
• Lead marketing for new innovation team creating solutions for integrated care, population health & payment reform.
• Responsible for $15M marketing budget, with forecast variance of less than 1% each quarter.
• Improved prequalified leads by 10% YoY and marketing-generated wins by 53% YoY in 2012. From May 2012 to August 2013 (1 year 4 months) VP & GM, Marketing, Clinical Business Solutions @ • Executed first integrated marketing campaign for Centricity Practice Solution, a $150M product line. Increased marketing opportunities from 4% of pipeline to 13%, and opportunity value from $84M to $103M in six months.
• Launched Centricity Business 5.0, resulting in 60% of install base committing to upgrade.
• Led marketing track during negotiation and launch of Caradigm, a population health joint venture with Microsoft.
• Drove cross-functional team that refreshed value-added reseller channel and created channel marketing programs.
• Winner of 2011 GE Marketing Excellence award. 1 of 9 winners across all GE selected by CMO Beth Comstock.
• Winner of 2011 President’s award for Culture and Collaboration. Selected by CEO of GE Healthcare IT. From January 2011 to May 2012 (1 year 5 months) Greater Boston AreaVice President, Global Solution & Product Marketing @ Lead 50-person global organization responsible for go-to-market strategy for entire Novell product portfolio. Responsible for market research, messaging, content, competitive intelligence, and technical marketing.
• Consolidated six different product marketing teams into one unified organization.
• Generated integrated campaigns that drove more than $250M in sales pipeline value for two consecutive years.
• Partnered with other marketing leaders to develop integrated strategy linking brand, product, demand and channel.
• Authored investor presentations and participated in due diligence for private equity acquisition of Novell.
• Designed and implemented new product launch process.
• Reported directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
• Finalist for 2009 Emerging Executive of the Year from Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council. From September 2008 to January 2011 (2 years 5 months) Global Director of Product Marketing, Linux & Open Platform Solutions @ Responsible for marketing the SUSE Linux Enterprise product line: server, desktop, virtualization and appliances. Helped grow Linux business by 200% from FY06 to FY07, including acquisition of 4700 new customers.
• Participated in team that negotiated $240M purchase of Linux certificates by Microsoft. Drove messaging and marketing strategy for joint $60M marketing campaign with Microsoft.
• Recruited and managed team of ten professionals in Boston, Provo and Germany.
• Drove SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 product launch.
• Collaborated with corporate marketing team to develop “Your Linux is Ready” $15M integrated marketing campaign.
• Reported to SVP & GM of Open Platform Solutions Business. From May 2006 to September 2008 (2 years 5 months) Worldwide Data Center Marketing Manager @ Created and executed field marketing strategy for direct and indirect channels in one of Novell’s five key markets.
• Assembled customer-focused solutions that combined products, training, support and consulting.
• Authored sales collateral, presentations, white papers, website content and ad creative. From November 2005 to April 2006 (6 months) North America Solutions Manager @ Achieved 120% of $180 million quota in 2004 and 104% of $190 million quota in 2005.
Increased qualified lead generation by 22% through refined targeting and improved messaging.
Developed go-to-market strategy, messaging, and pricing for server software in North America.
Gathered requirements from customers and built business cases to drive product roadmaps.
Provided direct salesforce with tactical support for large deals, including Bank of New York, State of Ohio, and Fannie Mae.
Awarded 2004 Solutions Manager of the Year. From May 2004 to November 2005 (1 year 7 months) Solutions Marketing Manager @ Created product definition document, strategic market analysis and business development strategy.
Managed sales proposal process responsible for obtaining first three customers.
Wrote collateral, including product overview, application datasheets and web content.
Assisted in hiring and strategic planning as company grew from 23 employees to 96. From May 2000 to May 2002 (2 years 1 month) Senior Consultant @ Developed strategies for pricing, contracts and sales at Toronto-based telecommunications company.
Designed and installed warehouse management systems on-site in Japan, Singapore and the Netherlands for Boston-based biomedical products manufacturer.
Led four-person team that identified and repaired problems in logistics information systems during global software installation for Dallas-based semiconductor manufacturer.
Implemented SAP enterprise software as part of cross-functional team at Fortune 500 clients. From August 1996 to May 2000 (3 years 10 months) Editor in Chief & President @ Supervised 100-person staff as editor-in-chief and publisher of daily college newspaper.
Managed subscriptions, advertising revenues, printing expenses for $350,000 non-profit corporation.
Established newspapers first Internet presence. Wrote more than 200 articles in four years on staff. From January 1995 to January 1996 (1 year 1 month)
MBA, Technology Marketing & Entrepreneurship @ Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Sloan School of Management From 2002 to 2004 AB, English & History @ Dartmouth College From 1992 to 1996 Justin Steinman is skilled in: Product Management, Enterprise Software, Product Marketing, Market Research, Go-to-market Strategy, Product Strategy, Marketing Strategy, Marketing Management, Cloud Computing, Competitive Analysis, Product Launch, SaaS, Pricing, Market Analysis, Business Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension